2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I ran out of room on the above post! :rotfl2: There were no ground floors available and in fact we have 4th floor. I was told the YC is at 100% occupancy. We were all hot and tired and just ready to get in our room and settle down a bit before heading out tonight to go see Sister Hazel. Got up to our room, and the MB's would not work to let us in! The maid was walking by, and saw our troubles and let us in. I told hubby to call for our luggage to be delivered and I would go to the front desk to let them know the issue. Go down, wait in line, wait for them to fix it, was told all fixed now.....come to the room-NOPE, not working! Ya'll, I had to go back down 3 MORE TIMES!!!! They finially said the only way to fix was to rebook our current reservation and then link the new reservation into MDE?!?! I, at that time was just like, "Please, just fix it so we can get into our room with our MB's and keys!" So, I have just came back to the room and it seems like it is fixed because I could get into our room. In the MDE, it is now showing 2 YC reservations?! But whatever, I guess. BUT on a good note, our room is great! Not ground floor, but close to an elevator, and even though this is SV, I could not be more pleased! We have a large balcony that overlooks the front of the resort, and it's really nice. Going to get ready for F&W now! Looking forward to Sister Hazel. Anyone else going tonight???:)
I am at 8 pm!!!

Please add us to the BOG list - BCV 8/22/14 - 8/31/14
Celebrating Hubby's 50th birthday and first time to Disney for both of us !

Very exciting!!! This thread is great wealth of info and makes the planning so fun so ask away!!:cool1:

Guess I ran out of room on the above post! :rotfl2: There were no ground floors available and in fact we have 4th floor. I was told the YC is at 100% occupancy. We were all hot and tired and just ready to get in our room and settle down a bit before heading out tonight to go see Sister Hazel. Got up to our room, and the MB's would not work to let us in! The maid was walking by, and saw our troubles and let us in. I told hubby to call for our luggage to be delivered and I would go to the front desk to let them know the issue. Go down, wait in line, wait for them to fix it, was told all fixed now.....come to the room-NOPE, not working! Ya'll, I had to go back down 3 MORE TIMES!!!! They finially said the only way to fix was to rebook our current reservation and then link the new reservation into MDE?!?! I, at that time was just like, "Please, just fix it so we can get into our room with our MB's and keys!" So, I have just came back to the room and it seems like it is fixed because I could get into our room. In the MDE, it is now showing 2 YC reservations?! But whatever, I guess. BUT on a good note, our room is great! Not ground floor, but close to an elevator, and even though this is SV, I could not be more pleased! We have a large balcony that overlooks the front of the resort, and it's really nice. Going to get ready for F&W now! Looking forward to Sister Hazel. Anyone else going tonight???:)

Your MB troubles are making me nervous...lol:rotfl2: Glad you are in a great room! Have a good night!:yay:

Hi "oh Dis wise ones",

I am wondering how you all handle the iphone in the parks. This has become my main camera now and will probably need to be more accessible this time around. I saw this wallet looking thing at Target that is clear on one side that you put your phone in and the other has slots for credit cards, money, etc.

I have a small purse that I plan on wearing and have planned to keep it in there but am now wondering if any of you handle this differently.:confused3

Thanks for your advice!:thumbsup2

Hi "oh Dis wise ones", I am wondering how you all handle the iphone in the parks. This has become my main camara now and will probably need to be more accessible this time around. I saw this wallet looking thing at Target that is clear on one side that you put your phone in and the other has slots for credit cards, money, etc. I have a small purse that I plan on wearing and have planned to keep it in there but am now wondering if any of you handle this differently.:confused3 Thanks for your advice!:thumbsup2

Something I hadn't really thought of! I plan on using my iPhone a lot too. I have a Disney lesportsac crossbody bag that has a pocket that sits against my body, and I'll drop my phone in there. The little phone wallets are cool, and seem convenient, but it would make me nervous to have money, cards and my phone in a little wristlet! Let me know what you decide to do! Goodluck!

I didn't see any responses to this. My advice is if you can downgrade to the regular dining plan from the deluxe, you should, especially since you are secretly staying at CL.

Thanks so much. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow. Hopefully there isn't a penalty fee, but even so, it could be "worth" it!
Thanks!

Very exciting!!! This thread is great wealth of info and makes the planning so fun so ask away!!:cool1:

Your MB troubles are making me nervous...lol:rotfl2: Glad you are in a great room! Have a good night!:yay:

I do have to say after 10 days here already, this is the first bad experience we have had with the MB's! But it was also our room keys, too. And I saw 2 other couples down at the front desk that were having the same trouble. It just took multiple tries and a really long time to fix. They did tell me that they "loaded" 3 additional FP+ onto MDE for me to use sometime tonight or tomorrow in addition to the ones I already have reserved. And these supposedly you don't reserve, just use whenever on whatever you feel like it. Will try these out tonight on Soarin!

Hi "oh Dis wise ones",

I am wondering how you all handle the iphone in the parks. This has become my main camera now and will probably need to be more accessible this time around. I saw this wallet looking thing at Target that is clear on one side that you put your phone in and the other has slots for credit cards, money, etc.

I have a small purse that I plan on wearing and have planned to keep it in there but am now wondering if any of you handle this differently.:confused3

I can't believe I'm about to admit this in public, but...at Disney, I wear a waist pouch (I can't quite bring myself to admit it's a fanny pack). It's just a small one, big enough for my iPhone, KTTW card and ID, and maybe a pair of sunglasses, and I don't even notice I'm wearing it most of the time. I've just lost purses and bags too many times to ever think of using anything that isn't semi-permanently attached to my body. That way, I can't leave it under the table or on the back of the chair at a restaurant, which seems to happen way too often to me. After the first few times, not losing your stuff becomes more important than fashion, and I freely admit the pouch is in no way even remotely fashionable. :grin: I have been eyeing those crossbody bags, though. Maybe if I could find one small enough and light enough that I don't mind wearing it all day every day at the parks...

I can't believe I'm about to admit this in public, but...at Disney, I wear a waist pouch (I can't quite bring myself to admit it's a fanny pack). It's just a small one, big enough for my iPhone, KTTW card and ID, and maybe a pair of sunglasses, and I don't even notice I'm wearing it most of the time. I've just lost purses and bags too many times to ever think of using anything that isn't semi-permanently attached to my body. That way, I can't leave it under the table or on the back of the chair at a restaurant, which seems to happen way too often to me. After the first few times, not losing your stuff becomes more important than fashion, and I freely admit the pouch is in no way even remotely fashionable. :grin: I have been eyeing those crossbody bags, though. Maybe if I could find one small enough and light enough that I don't mind wearing it all day every day at the parks...

You are not alone!

:blush:

And at Universal, a "waist pouch" is practically required since it is one of the few bags you are allowed to wear/take onto many of the rides. Loose bags must be put into a locker for some of the more intense rides.

Hi "oh Dis wise ones",

I was searching around on the Target app, and I found this iPhone case on a lanyard! Tried to get a pic here, but that was a fail. Here's the info -

$59.99 iCat Dri Cat Neck It Waterproof Case and Lanyard for iPhone®4/4S - Green (11043CP-C107)

Would probably drive me crazy, but I feel it's safer than a wristlet! :yay:

I know you are all Yacht Club experts, which is awesome! :thumbsup2

Wondering if anyone can really tell me what we might be seeing with a waterview room? I was hoping it will be the lake and/or SAB, but my husband says it could be of the quiet pool on the side.

I'd rather book a garden view room if we could end up staring at a quiet pool, rather than the great view from the front.

Your input is appreciated! Thanks! :worship:

I am a crossbody convert. Being a NY-er, I am constantly schlepping things (including small children) everywhere. I like the cross-body bags because I can, essentially be hands free. I have 3 sizes--messenger, medium 'purse' size and small travel size. I highly recommend eBags for their designs and light fabrics.
and their prices are very reasonable as well.
small bag:http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/villa-cross-body/204598?productid=10109635
medium bag:http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/piazza-day-bag/94553?productid=1237311

I kidnap unsuspecting burly teen age boys and make them tote my ENOURMOUS Mom purse all over the parks.

No mere fanny pack would hold all the stuff I lug to the parks. Even though all 3 boys are now in High School I recently disposed of the sippy cups because you know, just in case we might have needed them....

I have all that embarrassing stuff like the retainer containers for the retainers they are NOT wearing, the gallon jug of Purell to refill the Purell sprayer I strap to my back to disinfect all the stuff that my lil boopies may touch. I also have enough tissues to tend to a ward filled with tuberculosis patients. If you need a band aid or an aspiration kit for that sucking chest wound I probably have that in there too, as well as a couple of rolls of quick set plaster for those broken bone emergencies.

Break your glasses? I got the little screws and the screw driver set. Jumper cables?? CHECK! One of those wind up radios that the Disaster Preparedness people tell you never to leave home without... Yep it's in there! I like the sewing kit because it handles any sewing emergencies plus you can stitch up the deeper cuts with it in a pinch. That saves a trip to the emergency room and in my book that means I get to keep the co-pay!

I wouldn't DREAM of leaving the room with out my quart & gallon size zip lock bags along with my rubber maid spatula for scraping those plates "dog licked it" clean. Need a snack 'cause you're feeling a little peeked? Well we have quite the selection! First off we have a roll of life savers that have been in the bag since the Carter administration. There is a package of pulverized Lance crackers that NO ONE will eat and I refuse to replace until some one does and some dipping sauces from an assortment of fast food places in case we have the insane craving for some mystery nuggets at an over priced counter service.

I also have those Crystal Light packets to fancy up the disgusting Florida tap water and a jar of maraschino cherries just to gussy things up. For years the boys thought that anything that had a maraschino cherry in it was a "Shirley Temple" and they would beg me for one. When I switched over to drinking Manhattans this became a bit of a problem but the judge made me promise that I would never let them have THAT (Bourbon soaked) cherry again. My probation on that charge is almost up and it IS Food and Wine festival time so hopefully prying eyes won't rat me out.

I also have a "No English to Portuguese and a Portuguese to no English" dictionary that I'll be needing for our Halloween party night.

Things that didn't make the purse cut for this trip include 3 pairs of cartoon underpants because they would rather go commando if there should be an unfortunate accident and with all the farting those 3 do an accident is bound to occur! I ditched a package of Polident denture cleaner I found rolling around at the bottom. No one wears dentures in our family so I have no idea how THAT got in there. And finally I threw out my collection of plastic sporks because it makes the TSA agents nervous.

~NM
PS. I just remembered that since we are taking Disney buses I better invest in a pair of bus jumper cables!

Wondering if anyone can really tell me what we might be seeing with a waterview room? I was hoping it will be the lake and/or SAB, but my husband says it could be of the quiet pool on the side.

I'd rather book a garden view room if we could end up staring at a quiet pool, rather than the great view from the front.

I can't help you with the Yacht Club views but I can tell you if you go cheap and book the parking lot view and it rains hard enough to make puddles well then you would have a water view. We are really cheap you see and this is the only "Water View" MY husband will spring for.

Hope that helps (But I know it doesn't...)

~NM

NM- I <3 your posts! LMAO

I am trying to find out if any shops in BC sell autograph books. I want the boys to be able to pick one out on the day of our arrival. We are using that day to relax, hang out, go to SAB and prepare for the week ahead.
Thx!

A quick question for everyone:

DME: Anyone know which resorts DME usually shares with on the BC route back to the airport?

I had a bad back to the airport on DME experience in May 2013 (almost missed my flight! I couldn't believe it took nearly 3 hours to get through all the resorts and get to the airport. It was awful.) so I'm trying to figure out if I want to rent a car or chance DME again.

I checked the FAQ and other areas but didn't see the answer.

Thanks very much!

We always get a towncar for transfers or rent a car

You are correct - Crescent Lake and/or SAB view. At the YC, view of the quiet pool is not considered a water view.

Regarding Magical Express - our recent trip to YC travelling Magical Depress back to airport > YC > BC > BWI > Caribbean Beach. Total travel time to airport 1.5 hours (there were some paperwork delays with people at Caribbean Beach).

NM- I <3 your posts! LMAO

I am trying to find out if any shops in BC sell autograph books. I want the boys to be able to pick one out on the day of our arrival. We are using that day to relax, hang out, go to SAB and prepare for the week ahead.
Thx!

Thanks! I am thinking that since we aren't on the Disney Dining Plan that perhaps I can mix that package of crumbled Lance crackers with some of that dipping sauce and top it with a maraschino cherry and call it an appetizer. I'll tell them that it came from the California Grille and it is REALLY expensive. My only fear is that they'll see right through this and I'll just have to whip out the zip lock and the rubber maid and save it for "later".

~NM

Here now at the Beach Club. Loving it as always. I do wish the store opened at 6:00 instead of 7:00 but other than that I am at my home away from home and enjoying every second. Did a few laps around the lazy river yesterday and talked to our favorite CM here-the beloved Teena.

Teena you are my Angel. After one look at my ankles you just made things happen and my ankles thank you! I will be talking to you today.

If anyone has any questions I will try to get back on here later. We checked in on Fri and will be checking out this fri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter