2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Natebenma, of course you can link my review. I feel so...honored...to be linked in my favorite thread here on the DISboards. :blush:

WorldWacky, I'm glad you enjoyed my post and found it helpful. We loved, loved, loved the Beach Club. Our only slight disappointment was the lack of variety at the Marketplace as far as counter service meals go, but that wasn't really that big of a deal because the BC really is in a super convenient location. There were more than enough choices in and around EPCOT to use up those credits, and I know that will be one of the biggest things to contend with in our stay next year at AofA--not having the option to just walk over to EPCOT or catch a boat to HS whenever we feel like it. I tried to convince my party that it was a worthwhile splurge, but with small children that are going to be experiencing Disney for the first time and all the extras we all know they will want, I understand the need for a trip on a lowered budget.

We did enjoy POR, by the way, room at the far corner of the world or not (lol). I think, if I were to book a Royal Room again, I might try Pool View. It seems to me those rooms would naturally be closer to Oak Manor and by extension, closer to the bridge to the main hub/lobby/food court/etc. of the resort. Everyone was friendly and helpful there, and it really is a beautifully lush resort. We took advantage of the boat to DTD and had a blast at La Nouba.

Thanks so much, Ninja Mom, and I have to say...posts like yours have always been favorites of mine. They're so humorous while still being informative. :lovestruc:laughing:

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm off to continue the sad task of unpacking and doing laundry as I must return to the real world Monday, and I'm just not feeling it.

Least I have another Disney trip to plan, even if it's not at my resort of choice.

How exciting! :welcome: Would you like me to add you to the Be Our Guest list? Early Nov? Which resort? :goodvibes.
Yes! That would be great...Thx! We will be at BC from 11/2 - 11/8. We have been to WDW 4 times and have only stayed at ASM so we are VERY excited about our upcoming trip!!!

Good afternoon, My wife and I will be staying in a studio at BC from 10-25 till11-2 and I was just wondering about the possiblity of requesting a full size coffee pot vs. the small ones already in the rooms. I was planning on bringing ours as well as our blender but if these items can be borrowed easily from the resort I would rather not pack ours. Would these items be requested on check in or before arriving? This is truly an amazing board with almost an overwhelming amount of information. I sure am glad I found you all.
Thanks in advance
Brinson Webb

When someone asked about a blender, I suggested that they post on the DVC Mouscellaneous Board. Here's that thread: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175873&highlight=blender

My understanding is that you do not make this request ahead of time or at check-in. After you get to your room, you call Mousekeeping.

I don't recall ever reading about someone calling Mousekeeping from a studio and asking for a larger coffee maker, but it wouldn't hurt to try. However, if you have the ability to bring one with you, and you would be really disappointed if you called and Mousekeeping said no, then maybe you should bring one from home.

Here are my 2012 pictures of the studio coffeemaker and the 2BR coffeemaker:

Studio

2BR:

Thanks to everyone for the advice and help. I think someone told me once it was better to be safe than sorry. I think we will have room so I'll just pack them both.
Thanks
Brinson

In other news NM is busy preparing for her October trip. There is much planning and arguing over Food and Whine strategies and Halloween costumes. ...
NM was dragged kicking and screaming into the Magic band and fast pass plus world. This technophobe finds herself trying to figure out how to hack into Disney's dysfunctional system and schedule those Fast Passes. I did manage to get a BOG restaurant FP+ for lunch but I have no idea how I did it as Tech nerd son did most of the key stroking. I live in fear of letting the kids schedule the other FP+ because they are all going to be on the coasters if I left it up to them. I'm trying to sneak a little Beauty and the Beast in there if you know what I mean.
It is great to read another NM post. I love your Halloween costumes, by the way. :lmao: I'm glad that Tech son set you up with MB's. Lucky for me, I get complete control over choosing fp+'s. Just wait until my DH finds out that I made one for ETWB on our last morning. :rolleyes:

No, no, no! We LOVE :lovestruc posts like yours. They are filled with great information and your opinions, good or bad, are always appreciated on this thread!

Keep those details coming people!

In other news NM is busy preparing for her October trip. There is much planning and arguing over Food and Whine strategies and Halloween costumes. The boys are up for our Brazilian tour group costumes but no one wants to cart the flag along all night so it looks like a game of "hot Potato" is on with the flag being passed off on unsuspecting members of our touring party.This weekend we are gluing together the seventy teen billion fast passes the boys collected to use as a prop for our costumes. Next up I have to Google some Portuguese chants and sharpen my elbows for making my way through the crowds. The best thing about this costume is that our group will be able to go directly to the front of any line, all while repeating the phrase "No English" as we push past other line members. Now that they've taken away our faux Guest Assistance Card scam we have to work the system SOMEHOW! (BTW ;) ;) ;) this is ALL IN JEST so unbunch your panties and move along if you are wrapped too tight and are not getting the jokes) PSS. Missy and Franklin you are NOT allowed to steal my idea! :sad2:

~ NM
PS ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Bahahahahaha....oh my gosh. :lmao: I'm glad there's no one else in the room with me right now....(wiping tears away). Your whole Halloween costume idea is making me :rotfl2:

No, no, no! We LOVE :lovestruc posts like yours. They are filled with great information and your opinions, good or bad, are always appreciated on this thread!

In other news NM is busy preparing for her October trip. There is much planning and arguing over Food and Whine strategies and Halloween costumes. The boys are up for our Brazilian tour group costumes but no one wants to cart the flag along all night so it looks like a game of "hot Potato" is on with the flag being passed off on unsuspecting members of our touring party.This weekend we are gluing together the seventy teen billion fast passes the boys collected to use as a prop for our costumes. Next up I have to Google some Portuguese chants and sharpen my elbows for making my way through the crowds. The best thing about this costume is that our group will be able to go directly to the front of any line, all while repeating the phrase "No English" as we push past other line members. Now that they've taken away our faux Guest Assistance Card scam we have to work the system SOMEHOW! (BTW ;) ;) ;) this is ALL IN JEST so unbunch your panties and move along if you are wrapped too tight and are not getting the jokes) PSS. Missy and Franklin you are NOT allowed to steal my idea! :sad2:

NM was dragged kicking and screaming into the Magic band and fast pass plus world. This technophobe finds herself trying to figure out how to hack into Disney's dysfunctional system and schedule those Fast Passes. I did manage to get a BOG restaurant FP+ for lunch but I have no idea how I did it as Tech nerd son did most of the key stroking. I live in fear of letting the kids schedule the other FP+ because they are all going to be on the coasters if I left it up to them. I'm trying to sneak a little Beauty and the Beast in there if you know what I mean.

So that's what's up with me. I was In New York City on business recently and I had the chance to have dinner with Nannette. She tried (in vain) a number of times to push me in front of racing taxi cabs as we made our way along the urban jungle that is Manhattan. I was thankful that I left Buzzy zipped up inside my luggage where he spent the evening safe and away from the homicidal tendencies of Nannette. Some New Yawkers should come with a warning label if you know what I mean. ;)

~ NM

I think your costume plan will work perfectly.... just think no waiting in line:rotfl2:
Have fun with Food and Whine...
I agree with you about SOME New Yawkers.... that's why DH and I live on the other side of the state:rotfl:

Just wanted to send you :banana::banana::banana: for your rapidly approaching trip since you are always so excited for everyone else!

:)

Thank you!!! I get so excited when people are going and still am in disbelief that I will be there soon!!:cool1: My mission this week is to figure out the picture posting that you were nice enough to link me to a few weeks back Dee...:eek:

So that's what's up with me. I was In New York City on business recently and I had the chance to have dinner with Nannette. She tried (in vain) a number of times to push me in front of racing taxi cabs as we made our way along the urban jungle that is Manhattan. I was thankful that I left Buzzy zipped up inside my luggage where he spent the evening safe and away from the homicidal tendencies of Nannette. Some New Yawkers should come with a warning label if you know what I mean. ;)

~ NM

Once again....:rotfl2: You really brighten my day NM with your posts! What are your dates again? I would love to meet you while there...:thumbsup2

Asksiri, thanks for your review! Glad you had a nice trip!!:banana:

can somebody let me out of Ninja Mom's suitcase? She seems to have forgotten about me.....

Signed Buzzy the stuffed in a suitcase fly

To answer a PP question about Photopass Plus and adding ride photos after if you don't get the card/lanyard right away, it is possible. Write down the full number of the ride photo and when you get the lanyard that person can "call in the photos" to add to your card. BUT you should check to make sure because ours never got added. Luckily it was only 2 rides. Oh well. You can also go back to the ride and have them add it at the photopass kiosk, but this has to be done within I think 48 hours.

AskSiri ~ thanks for your thorough and great review! I really enjoyed reading it.

Ninja Mom ~ any chance you will be at the 10/14 MNSSHP? Would love to see those costumes! I always enjoy your posts and great sense of humor!

HBGdancermom - I leave in 4 days and we just got out the luggage. I always put off packing so I better get crackin'...

Kerry

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

AskSiri ~ thanks for your thorough and great review! I really enjoyed reading it.

Ninja Mom ~ any chance you will be at the 10/14 MNSSHP? Would love to see those costumes! I always enjoy your posts and great sense of humor!

HBGdancermom - I leave in 4 days and we just got out the luggage. I always put off packing so I better get crackin'...

Kerry

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Very exciting! Looks like great weather next week too! I still am thinking I might need a bigger suitcase. I was eyeballing some at home goods today. :-)

Hey everyone! We did our 6 nights at BC, then moved over to Pop on Thursday night for 3 nights (the rates were just way to much for these 3 nights, and we are trying to stay as long as we possibly can-20 days!!!) These 3 nights at Pop have been ok, though. My son just loves this place and this is actually his favorite resort. We knew these 3 nights would consist of sleeping in late, laundry, and taking naps. Just mainly resting up while my son participated in all of the activities around the pool. We are moving over to YC tomorrow morning for our next 5 nights. Now this will be our first time at YC and we are excited! These 5 nights at YC will have us hitting the F&W again full force! We booked a lagoon/water view only because that was all that was available. I am not one of these that are real picky about a view, I care more about having ground floor than anything! As luck would have it, I checked the rates again and a SV became available for our 5 nights! Well, I promptly called and changed, and that one phone call saved me $400! Those savings then prompted us to book 5 MORE nights when we leave YC to head back here at Pop. (with just 2 adults and 1 child the small room really is ok, but I def would NOT put more than 3 in one room!!) So our trip that started on Sept. 27, will end on Oct. 16th. This is our longest trip yet! Oh, and I am happy to report that my mug is programmed for my entire trip just fine-just go to Guest services and they will print out your reservations to show when you are leaving. Even with this crazy 4 resort split stay trip. In fact they programmed the mug till Nov. 2nd!

Hey everyone! We did our 6 nights at BC, then moved over to Pop on Thursday night for 3 nights (the rates were just way to much for these 3 nights, and we are trying to stay as long as we possibly can-20 days!!!) These 3 nights at Pop have been ok, though. My son just loves this place and this is actually his favorite resort. We knew these 3 nights would consist of sleeping in late, laundry, and taking naps. Just mainly resting up while my son participated in all of the activities around the pool. We are moving over to YC tomorrow morning for our next 5 nights. Now this will be our first time at YC and we are excited! These 5 nights at YC will have us hitting the F&W again full force! We booked a lagoon/water view only because that was all that was available. I am not one of these that are real picky about a view, I care more about having ground floor than anything! As luck would have it, I checked the rates again and a SV became available for our 5 nights! Well, I promptly called and changed, and that one phone call saved me $400! Those savings then prompted us to book 5 MORE nights when we leave YC to head back here at Pop. (with just 2 adults and 1 child the small room really is ok, but I def would NOT put more than 3 in one room!!) So our trip that started on Sept. 27, will end on Oct. 16th. This is our longest trip yet! Oh, and I am happy to report that my mug is programmed for my entire trip just fine-just go to Guest services and they will print out your reservations to show when you are leaving. Even with this crazy 4 resort split stay trip. In fact they programmed the mug till Nov. 2nd!

Deb that is incredible! I can only aspire to a 20 day WDW vacation. Have a great trip!!! :-)

Very exciting! Looks like great weather next week too! I still am thinking I might need a bigger suitcase. I was eyeballing some at home goods today. :-)

I think you really picked a great month to go. I think the rainy season is pretty much over by the end of October, and it's hot but not unbearable. I hope you have a fantastic time. It would be cool if you were able to meet up with some other DISers. I met Karebear and her family when we went last month, and it was a lot of fun. Our kids did the pirate cruise together, and then later on we shared an Illuminations cruise.

I'm all packed up (well almost!), and I'm headed back down to Disney tomorrow bright and early. The taxi is picking me up at 7 am and then it's on to the airport and then to Orlando and onto the Magical Express. I should be getting to AKL around 3ish, then I'm heading over to the MK for MNSSHP. I have a vampire costume to wear, and I've got a canvas bag shaped like a pumpkin all set for trick or treating. I haven't trick or treated since I was a kid, and I've never gone to Disney solo. If anybody is going to be there between tomorrow and 10/10, I'd love to meet up somewhere. My conference will be at the Swan/Dolphin, the BC/YC and the Boardwalk. I'll be all over the place at the Epcot resorts.

I think you really picked a great month to go. I think the rainy season is pretty much over by the end of October, and it's hot but not unbearable. I hope you have a fantastic time. It would be cool if you were able to meet up with some other DISers. I met Karebear and her family when we went last month, and it was a lot of fun. Our kids did the pirate cruise together, and then later on we shared an Illuminations cruise.

I would love to be able to meet some fellow Disers! Have a safe trip (in a few hours). I think a solo trip sounds fabulous! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter