2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
This last trip my DH and I sat on the beach in beach chairs at the BC. Could hear the music and saw the high fireworks. We also sat one night on a bench at the lighthouse dock in front of the YC.:dance3:

We've had the laundry detergent replenished in the villas before so if they don't automatically do that you can always ask if you are a cash paying guest. They do the same with the dish soap and such.

We've definitely been able to see Illuminations from the YC/BC beach area - you just lose the laser and lights from the countries and obviously the globe but the higher up fireworks are fabulous.

One thing that I loved about YC/BW is the movies on the beach. While we were watching during our summer trip we could see the higher up fireworks pop from Fantasmic.

DSCN6745.jpg

I really miss being at these resorts right about now. :)

Wow, this thread really is special. Thanks for all the love sent our way. It means the world. I'll lift the mood a bit, by submitting some good news. The idea of planning a WDW vacation is taking our mind off of things, and thanks to a certain offer that I know many of us know about......Dee? Will you augment our BOG listing for the better?
Our plans are now....

BEACH CLUB (Std view) August 15-17
YC (CL-LV) August 17-23
GF (GV) August 23-25
(Whew!)

How Beachy! How Nautical! How Grand!
We will be seeing you at SAB :thumbsup2 And it is so very very true that WDW planning can lift your spirits during the not so magical times :hug:

Ooh the August Clubbers list seems to be growing quite nicely. I'm hatching a little plan....
How fun!!!!

Dee, I'd prob wait till July to put Pas on the list :rotfl2: it's only January, she'll prob have 20 chchchanges between now and August
There's never a safe time to put me on a list...luckily WDWKOOK has that magic eraser, and I bet Dee has a similar one :rotfl:

I've been off the boards for over a week and I have so much to catch up on!!

Scott: I'm terribly sorry about Henry. I lost both of my 14 year old dogs in the last 18 months. It's so sad when you have to say goodbye. :hug:
Sorry for your losses :hug:

Now, now! Pas would not be the first person who ever made changes to the Be Our Guest list. And I am sure she would not even come close to our record-holder changer...

:goodvibes
:rotfl: It's really funny too, I booked BC SV in October...and have since made several ch-ch-changes...I've also waited to post here until I felt a little more settled. We got an upgrade at Poly at booking-but it just didn't feel right. You (and the other fine BC/YC peeps) have always been so welcoming through all my changes. And this time I can finally bring Teena her Tastycakes ;)

Hello to all BC/YC thread followers! This is Tom, though you all know me as Scott Mc's DP JNPants. Just wanted to say my own thank you to all of you for the kind words as we deal with the very sudden and unexpected loss of our cat, Henry. Pets are such important family members and Henry will be sorely missed.

That being said, we welcome the distraction of planning our next Disney getaway and I have vowed to be a more active Dis-er. I feel like I know many of you already through Scott and look forward to more interactions in the future!
:hug: Sorry for your loss! Hopefully I'll be able to meet you and Scott in person this August! I'll be the one with a gaggle of kiddos in SAB!:goodvibes

:rotfl::rotfl:
Pas knows I'm not happy that she changed from Poly! As I'll be there :goodvibes
You know Sue, there's still room at BC/YC in August....just throwing it out there ;) And we WILL meet up somewhere in the world :hug:

Happy New Year everyone. Sorry to ask this question again but I can't find the old pics that Sue M posted of this room from a few months back. We are a large group staying at the Yacht Club in August and I wanted to show one of my family members joining our trip the pic originally posted here of these oversized shared balcony rooms over the portico. Also, I think I figured out the rooms numbers were 3176, 3178, 3180 & 3182. Does anyone know if these oversized shared balconies also exist on the fourth floor (example 4176, 4178, 4180 & 4182)? Last question (sorry if I asked this before) does anyone know if any of these rooms have daybeds also? Thanks.

I think they replenish the laundry detergent, but I'm not positive. I seem to remember hiding the unused box of detergent in a drawer in the bathroom so that they would leave another box, when I was staying on cash rather than points. (I planned to do 2 loads of laundry in one night, later in the week. If you haven't used the detergent, I don't know if they will bring more.)

If you're staying on cash and you need more laundry detergent, call MouseKeeping and request it. Be sure to tell them that you're staying on cash. I would think they would bring you more.

If you're staying on cash, Mousekeeping should replenish the bathroom toiletries the same way they would if you were in a regular room.

Not sure about the coffee, sugar, etc., since I don't drink it. I think there is a very small amount in the villa when you check in. But again, if you're staying on cash and run out, call Mousekeeping.

Even if you're staying on points, you can call Mousekeeping if you run out of some things. For example, the extra garbage bags are in the bottom of the trash can. If you discover that you're on the last bag and you're going to need more, you can call Mousekeeping. You can call for tissues, toilet paper, paper towels, detergent for the dishwasher, dishwashing liquid for washing dishes in the sink. Mousekeeping will bring them to your room, even if it's not a day they are supposed to come. (If you're staying on cash and run out of these things, definitely call Mousekeeping.)

We've had the laundry detergent replenished in the villas before so if they don't automatically do that you can always ask if you are a cash paying guest. They do the same with the dish soap and such.

Thank you both! Given the amount of laundry my husband likes to do on vacation, we'll pack some as well. :goodvibes

I just booked today for our entire family! August 17-24, Yacht Club, Club Level

This is our first time at the Yacht Club and staying club level!

Happy New Year everyone. Sorry to ask this question again but I can't find the old pics that Sue M posted of this room from a few months back. We are a large group staying at the Yacht Club in August and I wanted to show one of my family members joining our trip the pic originally posted here of these oversized shared balcony rooms over the portico. Also, I think I figured out the rooms numbers were 3176, 3178, 3180 & 3182. Does anyone know if these oversized shared balconies also exist on the fourth floor (example 4176, 4178, 4180 & 4182)? Last question (sorry if I asked this before) does anyone know if any of these rooms have daybeds also? Thanks.

Hi! Sorry, I'm hopelessly inept at posting pics, I emailed them to Dee to post for me :upsidedow I think the large shared balcony would be ideal.
We were in rm 4176, so yes, they are on 4 th floor too. It was on the end closest to bus stop if looking out. Our room did not have a day bed.

If Dee can't find the pics I'd be happy to email them again. Or to you!

We will be seeing you at SAB :thumbsup2 And it is so very very true that WDW planning can lift your spirits during the not so magical times :hug:

How fun!!!!

There's never a safe time to put me on a list...luckily WDWKOOK has that magic eraser, and I bet Dee has a similar one :rotfl:

Sorry for your losses :hug:

:rotfl: It's really funny too, I booked BC SV in October...and have since made several ch-ch-changes...I've also waited to post here until I felt a little more settled. We got an upgrade at Poly at booking-but it just didn't feel right. You (and the other fine BC/YC peeps) have always been so welcoming through all my changes. And this time I can finally bring Teena her Tastycakes ;)

:hug: Sorry for your loss! Hopefully I'll be able to meet you and Scott in person this August! I'll be the one with a gaggle of kiddos in SAB!:goodvibes

You know Sue, there's still room at BC/YC in August....just throwing it out there ;) And we WILL meet up somewhere in the world :hug:

:thumbsup2 yes, we will!!

!! how much nail polish did it take to coat it? i'm thinking i could cover my pink band with an almost finished bottle of glitter polish.

Not much at all and I applied it heavily. I personally did not do the actual mickey icon on the very top of the bracelet b/c I didn't want it to not work but I did all the colored portions of the band and surrounding mickey icon.

Where is the best place outside of the International Gateway to watch Illuminations? My parents are joining us at BC for a couple of days but expect to arrive late one evening so they won't get a park pass for that day. 14 days away from our first BC stay is getting so exciting!!

A lot of people watch from the bridge between BC and BW. You can also see them from the BC/YC beach and walkway if you want to be sitting. In the summer, while watching the movie you can turn around to watch the fireworks.

Hi! Sorry, I'm hopelessly inept at posting pics, I emailed them to Dee to post for me :upsidedow I think the large shared balcony would be ideal.
We were in rm 4176, so yes, they are on 4 th floor too. It was on the end closest to bus stop if looking out. Our room did not have a day bed.

If Dee can't find the pics I'd be happy to email them again. Or to you!

Here are a few of the pictures from Room 4176

Shula & the Ggibwoodsondolls-BC 6/1-6/8

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Hope you have fun hanging out here until your trip.

:cool1:

I just booked today for our entire family! August 17-24, Yacht Club, Club Level

This is our first time at the Yacht Club and staying club level!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the list

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:woohoo:

Hello everyone!

So according to the new discount, i can go from a YC standard view club level to a BC deluxe for $395 more. We are a family of 5, kids ages 22, 20 and 13.

Talk me into/out of the move, please and thank you. We travel May 17-23.

Thanks!

Hello everyone!

So according to the new discount, i can go from a YC standard view club level to a BC deluxe for $395 more. We are a family of 5, kids ages 22, 20 and 13.

Thanks!

I don't know if you are stuck on club level or not, but we had what was referred to as a corner room on our May trip and it was huge! Also had a huge balcony. It would fit your family better than a standard club level room without having to move up to a deluxe. I can't remember our room number but will see if I Can find it. It overlooked the courtyard area where the outdoor seating for BnC and bcv entrance are. Maybe there is even an equivalent room on the club level floor that you could request.

We will be staying at BC 6/10-6/15/2014 for the 1st time! It is our 17th family trip so we are excited to finally stay at BC. We will be traveling to the 'darkside' for a few days prior. I'd love to have a full balcony since this will be a more relaxing trip!

Hello All!

I've just booked the BC CL 2nd - 9th Oct! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

We went last year for the first time and stayed as SSR which was perfect as we ran around like loons whilst we were there. This time we are going for a little more rest & relaxation so have booked the Beach Club, Club Level! Hoping to get more time to relax round the pool, and see the 'other' side of WDW this time!

Can't wait. We didn't even vist the boardwalk area of Disney when we went so it'll be something completely new :)

Hello everyone!

Thanks!

We have never stayed deluxe or club level, but we have stayed at the Beach Club with our three children, 1 boy and two girls, many times when they were teens and there was plenty of room for all of us. But if my choice was between a standard view room at the Yacht Club, which is a lovely view of roofs and parking lot, plus it is farther away from Epcot, or a deluxe at BC, most of which are lagoon/pool views, I would go for the BC deluxe. We had a free upgrade to a BC deluxe room one time and it was really nice to have that extra space. I think the kids liked it more than we did. :goodvibes

I don't know if you are stuck on club level or not, but we had what was referred to as a corner room on our May trip and it was huge! Also had a huge balcony. It would fit your family better than a standard club level room without having to move up to a deluxe. I can't remember our room number but will see if I Can find it. It overlooked the courtyard area where the outdoor seating for BnC and yacht club entrance are. Maybe there is even an equivalent room on the club level floor that you could request.

Sounds like a great upgrade! We

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter