2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continuing to enjoy my planning obsession, 55 days to go....:thumbsup2

Can anyone confirm that refillable mugs can be replenished at Ale and Compass? A response from mom's panel posted today said that you could not.:confused3

Also can anyone clarify which, and how many, items would constitute a counter service credit breakfast here? I'd like to work out if this is a good option for our early starts.:scratchin

Reports are that you can refill your mug at A&C until noon. According to someone who was there recently, once it opens as a bar, that is no longer an option.

If someone is at the YC now, or going soon, could you check on the breakfast situation, please. I don't think they have anything cooked, like egg sandwiches or french toast sticks, I think it is mainly muffins, fruit and other Continental fare*, most likely available for a "Snack credit" rather than a "Counter Service" credit.

Here is something I found in my notes, from pixarmom: "The bakery case was small and contained five different items: two kinds of muffins, bagels, croissants and cinnamon rolls. They also had coffee, cream cheese, jams and cereals. I may be missing a few items, but it was small".

Dee---Did you get my PM? I can't tell if it was sent or not. :confused3 Today has been a technically challenged day for me. :laughing:

Sorry about that, Cindy! I had a technically challenged day, too. My internet connection went down around 10 am and wasn't restored until my DH swapped out a dying router for one on its last legs. New one one the way!

Yes, I did get your message. THANKS!!! I don't know if Penny saw it, so I will text her the info.

Animal lover Flat Ben was at Animal Kingdom yesterday.

Everest2.jpg

Can't wait to see what is in store for him today!

Hi;
You can add us to the Be Our Guest List! Dec 13-16 YC CL after our GF anniversary stay and Dream cruise - BIG trip and this is the last leg!

I do have a question I hope someone can help me with: I am having knee trouble and will need to minimize my walking. What would the best location to request for closeness to SAB entrance with the construction happening then? Will that be close to the lobby as well as the CL lounge? We will be staying YC CL. Thanks!
I presume the noodles are already spoken for during our dates?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the list!

:cool1:

The Noodles are reserved for Dec 15 and 16, but I have added you to the list for Dec 13-14 and 15 if you can return them in the morning.

May the Weather Be Ever in Your Favor!

I have never stayed at the YC- I know the elevator in the BC CL is consistent with a request of "Close to lobby/SAB". Not sure if that is the case at the YC.

which means 10 days to go!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Staying at BCV, 1 bedroom, from September 15-22, excited this year!

Love staying at BC, been there once before. Stayed at BWI last year, wasn't impressed.

See everyone there!

:banana::banana::banana:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the list.

:yay:

Has anyone ever taken one of the fishing excursions from the YC marina? DH is thinking about booking one during our trip. 16 days to go! :cool1:

I just did a search on the resorts board- Fishing Excursions

Here are a couple of reviews:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2934038

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2894623

If you go to all ears there are some short reviews there.

You may want to try your own search or see what hits you get on the Theme Park boards.

Hope that helps!

....and one more cheeky question:

Family style breakfast (serves 4) on in-room dining menu: 2 TS credits/ 8 TS credits?? Anyone know? :p

Took a quick look at the In Room Dining Menu I have posted on Page 1 (From all ears), didn't see anything there about the use of Dining Plan credits for any of the items.

Here is the description of the Family Breakfast, but no info on dining credits.

Family Style Breakfast - Serves 4 - Mickey Waffles, Pancakes, Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, mixed fruit, orange juice and coffee or tea $54.99

The price was still $54.99 in August 2011.

Sorry about that, Cindy! I had a technically challenged day, too. My internet connection went down around 10 am and wasn't restored until my DH swapped out a dying router for one on its last legs. New one one the way!

Yes, I did get your message. THANKS!!! I don't know if Penny saw it, so I will text her the info.[/QUOTE]

I got the pm. & reponded to Cindt :) Internet is VERY spotty in the BCV. off/on, throughout day/night, Plus typing on a laptop is a pain for me. Water shut off in BCV until 6 am. It's back now. :goodvibes I must say the CM's here are the nicest I have ever met. P

You can customize your uploads so they all upload at the same size. I think the default is full size. I have all my uploads the pictures in a large size:

On the page where you get the green button that says

"Select Photos and Videos"

In the top right corner there are very small blue letters that say

"Customize your upload options"

When you click on the link you get a box that says

"Choose a setting for websized copies of your photos to link and share"

I use the LARGE setting (640x480)

You just need to do this once, not every time you upload.

I think the Murphy King Beds are a bit like Bigfoot. People have heard that they exist, but we haven't had any actual sitings.

HAS anyone seen one of these Murphy King Beds? and better yet, have photographic evidence?

Thanks!

Has anybody stayed in any type of room with a king bed (regular or murphy)?
Anybody?
Teena, can you enlighten us?

You can ignore MY previous post- I needed to repost this so I could link it to the "How Do I" section of the FAQ. The original post was in a thread that got locked, so I couldn't make the correction to the info there.

Continuing to enjoy my planning obsession, 55 days to go....:thumbsup2

Can anyone confirm that refillable mugs can be replenished at Ale and Compass? A response from mom's panel posted today said that you could not.:confused3

Also can anyone clarify which, and how many, items would constitute a counter service credit breakfast here? I'd like to work out if this is a good option for our early starts.:scratchin

Looks like we're there about the same time. We arrive in 52 days. We're staying at YC.

Anybody?

There are very few king beds at the BC and a few more (but still a small amount) at the YC. You cannot "book" one but you can request one ... remember a request is just a request and nothing is guaranteed.

One way to definitely get a king bed is to book a one bedroom suite at the BC ... they all have king beds in them. A bit pricey though!

Anybody?

Here's one recent post:

King Bed-

Our previous trip we had a king bed with a full balcony - room 2573 I believe.
The room was very spacious. It had a large open area with a couch and coffee table. There was no murphy bed but the room was amazing. It had a wet bar area with storage and a sink. This is where the coffee maker was set up as well.. The only thing I did not like about the room was the bathroom. The sink and mirror was inside the bathroom and it was a tight in there. I prefer the sink outside the bathroom area.( Our recent queen room had the outside sink)
The view of 2573 was awesome. Garden view- overlooking the volleyball court but could also see a bit of the lake and we joked that we could watch the movie on the beach from our balcony:thumbsup2

Hope that helps

There are very few king beds at the BC and a few more (but still a small amount) at the YC. You cannot "book" one but you can request one ... remember a request is just a request and nothing is guaranteed.

One way to definitely get a king bed is to book a one bedroom suite at the BC ... they all have king beds in them. A bit pricey though!

Do you know if there are any King Murphy Beds? A few people have asked aobut them.

Regarding king beds: Please know at some resorts you can actually book a king bed. It's a room category. At the Y&B, we do not have a room category for a king bed and because there are so few of them, most people that request them do NOT get them.

We get people all the time that get upset because they say they "booked" a king bed or their travel agent "guaranteed" or "booked" them a king bed. YOU CANNOT BOOK A KING BED AT THE Y&B Therefore, you cannot be sure you can get one. The only way to be sure you will get one is to book the presidential, vice presidential, or the one or two bedroom suites. They all have king beds in them. If you get a confirmation from a travel agent on their letterhead (not Disney's letterhead) saying you have reserved or booked a king bed, you have NOT!!! Anybody can type up a confirmation that says you have a reservation for a king bed but unless you have a Disney confirmation that says you have a king bed, you do not have one reserved. And you can't get a confirmation from Disney at the Y&B saying you have a king bed because there is no category for a king bed unfortunately.

Obviously we try to accommodate requests but because there are so few king beds, it's a real long shot that you are going to get one. Knowing up front that you probably are not going to get one even though you requested one is important. That way if you do get one you will be thrilled but if you don't, you knew it going in and you shouldn't be upset. If a king bed is a must for your vacation - it will make or break your vacation, then you must book a suite at the Y&B or you should consider a resort at WDW where you can book a king bed ... where there is a room category for a king bed.

Again, please remember that if you are dealing with a travel agent who tells you you are guaranteed or you have booked a king bed at the Y&B, this is incorrect information and you should demand from your travel agent a confirmation from DISNEY that says you are confirmed or that you booked a king bed. Make them give you one ... one from their travel agent is not a Disney confirmation!!!!

I just did a search on the resorts board- Fishing Excursions

Here are a couple of reviews:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2934038

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2894623

If you go to all ears there are some short reviews there.

You may want to try your own search or see what hits you get on the Theme Park boards.

Hope that helps!

Thanks Dee! I'll have him read those tonight. DD9 is deciding if she wants to go with him or not, she thinks it will be cool to fish with Dad.....DS4 will stay with me....he'll end up in the lake if he goes on a boat! :rotfl:

Hi everyone, we are leaving in a couple of weeks and just saw that Hurricane hannas is closed!
I am just wondering will they still have waitresses around the pool to take drink orders etc or will they have Martha's Vineyard open in the afternoon, should we want to go and grab a drink there?
Not that its a big deal, but we are going with a group of friends and all our kids so there will definatley be the odd afternoon that we will need to have a drink or two by the pool!!
Also, just saw some posts about the fitness club, is it closed as well?
Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!