2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found some stickers in DD's book that I have used to cover the laminate and then covered them with sellotape :rotfl:

So in all seriousness, what exactly do you have on the sheets you laminated? I may have to do that for my own trip!! :scratchin maybe use the protective sleeves for whatever goes in the binder and then laminate small cheat sheet type ones? But what should those cheat sheets entail? Besides ADRs...:confused3

RobinHoodGirl - I'm already planning on having a post with pictures of what a room with a King is like since right now it's been like searching for the Holy Grail Good luck. It has been said that getting the room with the king bed IS the holy grail![/QUOTE said:
I know someone was looking for a pic of a king bed room at the BC. I don't have one at the BC, but we did stay in a king bed room at the YC in 2010. Here's the pic in case anyone is interested. It was a great room!

164180aa.jpg

My family has always stayed at BC, and we will most likely be staying there this May for the 6th time :cool1:. My discovery of the DIS, I now know about room requests, because every stay we ALWAYS have had a juliet balcony. We want to request connecting rooms AND full balconies for our family of 5 adults. I know that they don't always honor requests, that it depends on room availability, etc. Just wondering what would be better if they can honor only one? Connecting rooms or full balconies? What would YOU prefer?

Just adding, we will hav two garden view rooms.

I am impressed - you even color co-ordinated your luggage to match the room:worship:

Well, we are from Connecticut...we have luggage in every color to match all of the Disney resorts.

Ha ha...Just some Connecticut humor for you...:rotfl2: I can tell you that the Connecticut richie rich stereotypes that you see on TV are pretty far from true. Actually we've had that luggage for 17 years. Got it right before we got married. If only the photo accurately reflected it's beat-up and tattered condition!

Holy cow! Where did the time go?
It seems like we just booked this trip...and now....8 months (and 27 lbs lost) later....we leave on Friday afternoon!

There feels like there's so much to do and not enough time to do it! Does anyone else feel like that. What sadly happens to me is rather than do what I need to do....I get overwhelmed, sit down and stare at my to-do list. :lmao:

My plan tomorrow is to go swimming at 5:30 A.M., then go to school to meet my new principal (4th grade teacher here) at a meet-and-greet....pick up pet supplies for the week we're gone...and do a full house cleaning, including laundry. If all this can be accomplished before DP gets home around 4, I'll be in good shape. Then on Friday morning, I can pack in peace while DP is at work for a 1/2 day.

Our plan is to have dinner with friends on Friday night, then stay at a hotel semi-close to the airport (we fly out of Manchester, NH). We stay at the hotel the night before the flight because...well....why not get the vacation started as early as possible!

Saturday...we fly to MCO and are staying at the Hyatt at MCO Saturday night. Sunday morning...........we're up early and then on our way (finally) to the BC!:cloud9:

We're thinking that checking out of the MCO Hyatt at about 8:15..then heading over to Magical Express should put us at BC ideally around 9:30 to see Teena! Does this sound about right?

Thanks for reading all this. I figure that if I put it all down...I can use this post as a kind of "To-Do" list. :rolleyes1

Oh good to know you are a 4th grade teacher, I may have to pick your brain as DS is going into 4th grade ;) Also LOVE MHT, I wish I could still get direct flights between FLL or PBI and MHT, but everything is connecting now. I hate having to fly in and out of BOS. Your plans sound good, hope you get all the packing done tomorrow!!! And of course have a safe flight and fantastic trip :goodvibes

Man! How do you rate to get Chucky Cheese himself over to your house for a play date?? He's usually pretty tired after a couple hours of dealing with those screaming kids... You probably slipped him a twenty and snuck him out the back door. Tell me, was he a good guest or was he one of those um... rodents that just wanted to eat all your cheese and play video games? I hate play dates like that!
~NM

You continue to crack me up!!! After a day of Chuck E Cheese and screaming kids, your humor was well needed ::yes:: Oh and your comment about Teena and Bob in the tank had me :rotfl2:

:offtopic:Sorry, but just had to post here, 100 days to go until the DW's and my "FANTASY" comes "cruising" along.
This is the first year we aren't cruising in a while, so I am a bit jealous. We haven't done a Disney cruise yet, but I know you will have a great time!!!

We just stayed in one of the RGRs at POR in April. We really liked them! The new furnishings are very warm and cozy. We would definitely stay there again!

Oh good, glad to know!! We have 2 nights booked there in January and I was worried we would be disappointed going back to a moderate, but the RR's look so cute and DD is really excited.

We are 4.5 hours away from WDW, but have had a little bumpy start. Yesterday, my one son spiked a fever, so we started him on tylenol. After inspection of his mouth, I saw that he has another tooth popping through, so I am hoping his fever is because of that. He unfortunately did not sleep well in our over night journey, so I only managed to get 2.5 hours of broken sleep after driving for 5 hours. My DH has taken the responsibility of driving the rest of the way. We stopped at a Denny's in SC for breakfast around 7, and after Finding out Trevor's fever was up to 103, we decided to give him some Advil. Well, 10 minutes later he decided to projectile vomit all over himself, me, and his brother. Our trip has had an eventful start, but at least we are almost to Disney and only one kid is sick!

OH NO :( I really really hope the rest of your trip was less eventful!! Let us know how he is doing, as well as the rest of you! I hope you got to WDW were able to settle in and get some rest :cloud9:

That's very sweet of you to say. Jeanne teaches in one of the lowest income areas of Vegas. Lots of her kids are foster kids and some don't have "real" addresses ... we don't really know where they live. It's very sad.

I provide a "Disney" store for her classroom. They must earn play money (they start with coins and then change half way through the year to paper money - they learn real fast how money works with this store) by getting good grades, doing projects, doing homework, etc. Then at the end of the week they get to go to the store. There are small, medium, large and extra large treasures to buy. I stock it with mostly Disney stuff but sometimes we get lucky and people who are cleaning out their attics, basements, etc. will send her old McDonald toys or beanie babies, etc. to help stock the store. I get lots of Disney items at the dollar store and when Disneystore.com has a sale, I pick up the large and extra large treasures. I also get stuff at our Cast Connection (discontinued items, etc.). These little things are huge for the kids Jeanne teaches. Some don't even get Christmas presents at home. One guest (we call her Fairy Godmother) knits hats for each child for Christmas. The kids wear them all the time and are so excited. It's sometimes the only presents they get.

And one of the best things ever is that because of the hours I volunteer at Jeanne's school as a Disney VoluntEAR, The Walt Disney Company sends her school a $1000 grant each year. Her school uses it to purchase awards for the children so they can get something for reading, math, attendance, etc. Some of the awards are just pencils or book markers, but the kids really love them. I have to say I'm very honored to be able to work at a Company that is so wonderful!

Our children are so darn lucky. We are all so lucky. It's very sad that there are so many children here in the US that will never get to experience WDW or the things we give our kids.

Teena, you and Jeanne are truly amazing!!! It is people like the two of you that make the world a better place :thanks:

Sorry about your rough start! Hopefully it's just the new tooth and he is back to his self very soon!!
My DS began throwing up this morning at 5:00 a.m.:worried: We are due to fly out tomorrow morning!! I think (hope/pray) he just ate something that didn't agree with him. He doesn't have a fever but we are keeping a close eye on him today. He just turned 10 and this will be only the 4th time he's ever thrown up. He's gone about 4 hours now since the last episode but his stomach is still very crampy. I've been sitting here at work (shhh, don't tell them I'm on the DIS) calling home to get updates from my MIL. Poor guy was crying this morning when I was getting ready to leave because he didn't want me to go to work - this was a morning he wanted to snuggle with mom -it broke my heart to leave. The boss said I could leave early so I will be heading home soon though. Hopefully he is feeling better tomorrow for our big day!!

So hard when you can't be with them when they are sick. I hope DS is feeling better and ready for your big day tomorrow!!!!

Melissa

So in all seriousness, what exactly do you have on the sheets you laminated? I may have to do that for my own trip!! :scratchin maybe use the protective sleeves for whatever goes in the binder and then laminate small cheat sheet type ones? But what should those cheat sheets entail? Besides ADRs...:confused3

I don't do spread sheets (they are EVIL ++ ) so I made up a grid system in Microsoft Word. The page is held in landscape view (as opposed to portrait) and there are seven vertical columns for the days of the week and 3 rows across the page. I have it set up in calendar mode with the dates so if we arrive on a Saturday my info starts in the column all the way to the right of the page.

In the date blocks where we are going to be at WDW I include:
Park hours for each of the parks... in different colors, Ex: Animal Kingdom = green and the times of the parades and fireworks in that parks corresponding color. I have numbers next to the parks indicating what touring plans says will be the least crowded (#1) and the most crowded park (#4). I include all parks in each square in case we park hop or change plans.

The first time I ever made up one of these I only did it for the park that we planned to go to that day and when the plan changed I didn't have the other park hours on the sheet for that day. (rookie mistake)

I also have my ADR places, times and MOST IMPORTANTLY ADR Reservation Numbers!

At the bottom of the daily square I have what park we are shooting for in the AM and PM.

What is the most interesting in my plan is the info I have in the empty boxes! I'll put my Disney reservation number on there, my flight info, The direction that the Friendship boats run from DHS to EPCOT and the reverse. I also put the way the countries run in Epcot from the international gate. Next is my cell phone contact # in case my plan is left behind, like the time my DH left the only copy at 50's Prime Time cafe (CM Byron saved his bacon that day I'll tell you that!)

There are also notes on there about what time Jelly Rolls opens and when Yee Ha Bob performs. I also have reminder notes, like to ask the CM's not to charge me sales tax on packages I ship home. Then there are counter service restaurant recommendations that we'd like to try on the fly. If I have any character meet tips or strategies I put that in one of those little squares.

The only thing I don't put on my plan is my name. I figure the cell phone contact # is enough. If I'm traveling with other people I usually put their initials and their cell phone numbers so everybody who gets a copy has the contact info.

Now on the back of that plan is a chart for each park that tells you the best times do do a certain ride. For example Toy Story Mania has FP (fast pass) in all the squares except for the first hour of the day and it has big black X's in every evening hour. By now I know the drill on the high demand rides so I actually don't need this information. I just use that chart to roll up and beat people on the head who try to tell me that we don't really have to get to the park at rope drop and do TSM first thing because it will be open all day.

I love watching newbies look at that chart of mine. All of a sudden recognition dawns on their face about all the stuff I've been trying to tell them before we left on the trip. Every once in awhile I'll travel with the skeptic who still doesn't believe me. Usually I'll make it a point to swing back by high demand ride later in the day and gleefully point out the wait times and long lines of hot and sweaty, SAD looking people who didn't listen when somebody said to get to the parks at opening and do the high demand rides first.

I usually make 5 copies of ~ " THE PLAN " ~ more if I am giving others a copy. I keep 1 copy in my pocket and one in my backpack. The rest live in my multi-pocket traveling Disney folder, where the plane tickets, Magical Express booklet and a ton of other things live.

The other thing that is important is to go to the Disney site and check the park hours right before you leave, then make any adjustments, print and laminate... then off you go!

Many uninitiated people have laughed at my organizational skills when it comes to planning for Disney. Usually after a day or two at the parks they are following me around like a little puppy asking to see the plan so they know what would be smart to do next. Keep in mind we are not park commandos, where each 15 minute block is scheduled. Instead of darts our "plan" is more like horse shoes....... where we know what we Have to do first to avoid trouble and then we mosey on over to whatever the kids want to do at our leisure.

So far it's still 3 months, three weeks and three days until our trip and I've printed and modified my plan about seventy teen million times. I'm not laminating it until the printer runs out of ink and dies right before we have to leave for the airport. Then and only then will I consider lamination!

~NM

My family has always stayed at BC, and we will most likely be staying there this May for the 6th time :cool1:. My discovery of the DIS, I now know about room requests, because every stay we ALWAYS have had a juliet balcony. We want to request connecting rooms AND full balconies for our family of 5 adults. I know that they don't always honor requests, that it depends on room availability, etc. Just wondering what would be better if they can honor only one? Connecting rooms or full balconies? What would YOU prefer?

Just adding, we will hav two garden view rooms.

IMO, if you want a full balcony, I would put that first because even if you don't get connecting rooms, they could be right across the hall from each other which is what we got on one of our visits or just a door down from each other which is still good and you'd still be able to sit out on your balcony. I guess it does depend on which is most important to you tho but that is what I would want.

36 days to go and DS4 is currently obsessed with watching "Unwrapped--Disney Parks" from the Food network! Have any of you seen the Mickey cookies that they show in Disneyland? It appears to be a Mickey-head shaped sugar cookie that has been dipped in chocolate and is topped with a white chocolate Mickey face. Getting one of those cookies is tops on his list of things to do this trip (this week ;) ). I am thinking that Main Street bakery will probably be my best bet.....has anyone seen them in the parks or elsewhere?

On a humorous note.....we got a box of the chocolate covered ice cream bars at the grocery store this week and he's started calling them "fake Mickey bars". :rotfl:

Hope everyone who's there now or headed that way has a wonderful trip!! pixiedust:

Ninja Mom - SNAP

Word works so much better for a laminate. Mine is 7 by 3 with colour coordination. I have also reduced it to A6 to do mini laminates.

I have no idea why people laugh at me.

36 days to go and DS4 is currently obsessed with watching "Unwrapped--Disney Parks" from the Food network! Have any of you seen the Mickey cookies that they show in Disneyland? It appears to be a Mickey-head shaped sugar cookie that has been dipped in chocolate and is topped with a white chocolate Mickey face. Getting one of those cookies is tops on his list of things to do this trip (this week ;) ). I am thinking that Main Street bakery will probably be my best bet.....has anyone seen them in the parks or elsewhere?

On a humorous note.....we got a box of the chocolate covered ice cream bars at the grocery store this week and he's started calling them "fake Mickey bars". :rotfl:

Hope everyone who's there now or headed that way has a wonderful trip!! pixiedust:

We had that episode on our HD box until the system crashed. Now the only Disney show we have is Cake Boss on the Dream.

Here is a picture of a display case at the Main Street Bakery- I posted this picture in the most recent installment of my trip report.

There are a few chocolate dipped, Mickey-shaped sugar cookies, but I'm not sure that these are exactly what you are describing.

P1110234.jpg

Have a wonderful trip Cindy!! :hug: Just tell the kids that Daddy bit the ears off of the "Mickey" Bars... then when you are in the parks with an actual Mickey Bar the children will run from him every time he gets close!

Ninja Mom - SNAP

Word works so much better for a laminate. Mine is 7 by 3 with colour coordination. I have also reduced it to A6 to do mini laminates.

I have no idea why people laugh at me.

I can't reduce mine... Regular paper size is as small as my Bifocal wearing peepers can see. In a year or two I'm going to have to start dragging a service animal around with me to read my plan.... "What's that Lassie? Timmy is in the fountain at EPCOT!! Bring me the Phillips head screw driver and we'll get him out!"

~NM

Ninja Mom said:
I don't do spread sheets (they are EVIL ++ ) so I made up a grid system in Microsoft Word. The page is held in landscape view (as opposed to portrait) and there are seven vertical columns for the days of the week and 3 rows across the page. I have it set up in calendar mode with the dates so if we arrive on a Saturday my info starts in the column all the way to the right of the page.

In the date blocks where we are going to be at WDW I include:
Park hours for each of the parks... in different colors, Ex: Animal Kingdom = green and the times of the parades and fireworks in that parks corresponding color. I have numbers next to the parks indicating what touring plans says will be the least crowded (#1) and the most crowded park (#4). I include all parks in each square in case we park hop or change plans.

The first time I ever made up one of these I only did it for the park that we planned to go to that day and when the plan changed I didn't have the other park hours on the sheet for that day. (rookie mistake)

I also have my ADR places, times and MOST IMPORTANTLY ADR Reservation Numbers!

At the bottom of the daily square I have what park we are shooting for in the AM and PM.

What is the most interesting in my plan is the info I have in the empty boxes! I'll put my Disney reservation number on there, my flight info, The direction that the Friendship boats run from DHS to EPCOT and the reverse. I also put the way the countries run in Epcot from the international gate. Next is my cell phone contact # in case my plan is left behind, like the time my DH left the only copy at 50's Prime Time cafe (CM Byron saved his bacon that day I'll tell you that!)

There are also notes on there about what time Jelly Rolls opens and when Yee Ha Bob performs. I also have reminder notes, like to ask the CM's not to charge me sales tax on packages I ship home. Then there are counter service restaurant recommendations that we'd like to try on the fly. If I have any character meet tips or strategies I put that in one of those little squares.

The only thing I don't put on my plan is my name. I figure the cell phone contact # is enough. If I'm traveling with other people I usually put their initials and their cell phone numbers so everybody who gets a copy has the contact info.

Now on the back of that plan is a chart for each park that tells you the best times do do a certain ride. For example Toy Story Mania has FP (fast pass) in all the squares except for the first hour of the day and it has big black X's in every evening hour. By now I know the drill on the high demand rides so I actually don't need this information. I just use that chart to roll up and beat people on the head who try to tell me that we don't really have to get to the park at rope drop and do TSM first thing because it will be open all day.

I love watching newbies look at that chart of mine. All of a sudden recognition dawns on their face about all the stuff I've been trying to tell them before we left on the trip. Every once in awhile I'll travel with the skeptic who still doesn't believe me. Usually I'll make it a point to swing back by high demand ride later in the day and gleefully point out the wait times and long lines of hot and sweaty, SAD looking people who didn't listen when somebody said to get to the parks at opening and do the high demand rides first.

I usually make 5 copies of ~ " THE PLAN " ~ more if I am giving others a copy. I keep 1 copy in my pocket and one in my backpack. The rest live in my multi-pocket traveling Disney folder, where the plane tickets, Magical Express booklet and a ton of other things live.

The other thing that is important is to go to the Disney site and check the park hours right before you leave, then make any adjustments, print and laminate... then off you go!

Many uninitiated people have laughed at my organizational skills when it comes to planning for Disney. Usually after a day or two at the parks they are following me around like a little puppy asking to see the plan so they know what would be smart to do next. Keep in mind we are not park commandos, where each 15 minute block is scheduled. Instead of darts our "plan" is more like horse shoes....... where we know what we Have to do first to avoid trouble and then we mosey on over to whatever the kids want to do at our leisure.

So far it's still 3 months, three weeks and three days until our trip and I've printed and modified my plan about seventy teen million times. I'm not laminating it until the printer runs out of ink and dies right before we have to leave for the airport. Then and only then will I consider lamination!

~NM

Wow You have my respect!!!! I read this and went well....when we come for our next 12 person 4 family trip I will definitely try getting something like that together. It definitely would have helped us 3 weeks ago. Color coded too?????? Well done!

Wow You have my respect!!!! I read this and went well....when we come for our next 12 person 4 family trip I will definitely try getting something like that together. It definitely would have helped us 3 weeks ago. Color coded too?????? Well done!

Thank you and remember, you can lead the sheep to water but you can't make them drink. I make sure I emphasize that those in our group can do what THEY want. I just show them what we do and then they decide. I don't want to be that person on the trip that drives everybody crazy. Wait.... who am I kidding... I DO want to be THAT person.... but in a different way. ;)

In reality everybody can do Disney they way that they want. There are just concessions that one has to make no matter what path you follow. For instance the down side to the rope drop plan is that you have to get up at the crack of moo to make it happen. That's pretty hard after a couple of days of full speed ahead so I make sure I put in an off day, or as we like to call it "Mommy is growling at us when we told her it was time to get up".

~NM

natebenma said:
Here is a picture of a display case at the Main Street Bakery- I posted this picture in the most recent installment of my trip report.

There are a few chocolate dipped, Mickey-shaped sugar cookies, but I'm not sure that these are exactly what you are describing.

I saw those in your trip report! Take that cookie shape but cover it completely in chocolate and put a piece of thin white chocolate in the middle that has Mickey's eyes, nose, and mouth printed on it. I'm sure he'll eat any cookies we find!

Ninja Mom said:
Have a wonderful trip Cindy!! :hug: Just tell the kids that Daddy bit the ears off of the "Mickey" Bars... then when you are in the parks with an actual Mickey Bar the children will run from him every time he gets close!

~NM

Thanks NM! DH will get a kick out of that....DS already cries when DH says he's going to eat all of the green popsicles. DD just thinks they're nuts!

Your planning sheets sound like an uber planners dream! I have a little notebook that I refer to, but I aspire to create a sheet! I found out today that park hours have changed a little for our trip and I now have 5 chances to see MSEP, so I have some tweaking to do!

Question about Run Disney!!! Our middle son is starting in cross country this fall and I used to be a runner. Now, after three kids, I'm sad to report that I just run a 5K very occasionally, but am not running regularly anymore. But given our son's recent interest in running, we're thinking about training together for the 1/2 marathon in 2014 or maybe the ToT 10-miler if they do it in 2013. Amanda and/or other runners, have you stayed at BC/YC over Marathon Weekend? We were at WDW for Marathon weekend last year, but not to run - just to celebrate our youngest son's birthday. We stayed at Poly for that trip and didn't pay much attention to marathon transportation. Is BC/YC convenient for Marathon Weekend?

Hey pixarmom. We (my DW, 2DSisters, 2BIL's have done the past 4 WDW half marathons. This year we stayed at BCV's for the race. We actually did the marathon relay this year with DW doing the first part and me doing the second. This is run on Sunday in conjunction with the full marathon. I got up with the runners on Saturday and went out and took pictures of the halfers getting on the bus (at 4:30 am). It was a crazy long line but everyone was on the bus in plenty of time for the race.The year we stayed at SSR I didn't think there was any way they were going to get everyone that was in line on a bus and to the starting line on time. True to form Disney came through!

I have one BIL that is a runner. The rest of us are walk-run-walk-walk-run types. We finish in the required time and have always received our medals. We have a blast. In the past year I have had a fracture in my right foot and surgery for plantar fasciitis in my left foot. (Hey nannette. Doing OK?) I am still planning on training enough to finish this year.

We loved staying at BCV for the race. All resorts have been fun. We have done the race from SSR, OKW, POP and BCV. Of course BC is our favorite for obvious reason. (Hey Teena) We have a 2BR booked for 4 nights this year.

Good luck and train away. The race is just the icing!

Just checked in on Southwest which means . . .24 hours to Disney!! As you might remember, my wife and I booked this trip 202 days ago and have not yet told my three girls (figuring the way to get them up and out of bed at 5:00am is to say Get up, we are going to Disney!!)

This is our first vacation where it will only be the five of us. Every other vacation is with my family or the in-laws (which is great but I am so happy to do a trip just the 5 of us)!

We have been to Disney only one other time for a quick trip 4 years ago during Tropical Storm Fay. My two youngest do not remember it at all. I am so excited that I do not know if I can get through work today.

Beach Club, here we come!!:dance3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter