• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part III- DO NOT POST HERE- Summer/Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all your work Dee! This thread is great and even though we were at the BC in 2009, the info here will be very useful for our upcoming trip.

We made some changes to our trip dates.

We will be arriving on Aug 6th and departing on the 13th - so we gaining an extra day.

In addition, we will spend the first 2 nights @ the BC then move to a 2br @ BCV.

7 days and counting!

Thanks again Dee for all your hard work!!!!!! And thanks everybody for your kind comments about Princess Lily!!!

First, Dee, YOU ROCK! :)

Second, thanks so much to Pixarmom. So, how did you pick out the things that you wanted in the gift baskets for the IPO to buy you? If I could get a gun from Frontierland, my DS would <insert appropriate Yiddish word here>.

Third, this thread has made me think that I will not only take MY refillable mug to WS for plastic glass contents transference, but those of my children. :rotfl2:

MM, wait until my DH hears about the giant mugs of beer in Germany!!! Wait!!! A litre, for real??? (ps, Canadians use metric so there will be no excuse for ordering it!!!! LOL)

I am now no longer going to post any comments to this thread about alcohol, now that I realized that my last 3 or 4 posts have involved drinking! I think I really DO need a vacation!!!! :rotfl2:

Hi
I will be staying at YC for a seminar 8/15-8/19.. and I use a scooter. (first time in a deluxe too.. :cloud9:YAY!!)
Will the boats to the parks accomodate the scooter? or will i have to use either the walkways or the busses?
This has been my only concern..as I would LOVE to take the boat if I can..
Thank you so much for any input...:thumbsup2

The friendship boats at the YC accommodate scooters.

Speaking of battery power- it has been recommended to us by a knowlegable poster on this board that you should charge your scooter in your room, not in the hallways. There are limited outlets in the hallways, and previous scooterers have discovered in the morning that their machine has been unplugged and is not charged as expected.

Would you like to be added to the page 1 Guest List?

MikeyT- littlefoots 8/15-8/19 YC (seminar)

Here's another timely reminder for the summer (and Fall, and Winter and Spring) guest.

Even though they sell Alcohol at DHS and EPCOT they don't allow you to exit the park with an OPEN container of Alcohol. This necessitated Marlton Mom getting a Grey Goose slushie ice cream headache as she tried valiantly to chug hers before exiting.... not the "Grey Goose Slushie" experience I was hoping for.

Take a refillable mug people!!!. Dump your slushie or butterbeer or whatever into it and no one will be the wiser...

This has been a public service announcement from Marlton Mom.

Woo hoo MM!

As a proud and frequent carrier of the refillable mug, a user of it for all beverages (coffee, soda, gg slushie, wine, milk), and a huge fan of the grey goose slushie, I wholeheartedly agree! I am happy to report that I have never once consumed a grey goose slushie from the silly plastic glass (who can push a stroller and drink that thing at the same time?) Always the refill mug. Unfortunately, my posts about slushies in the refill mug led some to believe that grey goose slushies were included in the price of the mug, which of course, they are not!

Word of warning to all - my personal experience is that the gg slushie goes MUCH faster when you are drinking it out of a straw in the refillable mug. Much faster. (But ask for the straw anyway - prevents wasted slushie at the bottom of the mug.)

And one last word of warning - pour carefully! The transfer from silly plastic glass to refillable mug can be very messy if you are not extremely cautious. I require my family to stand back and clear the area during the pouring. :)

Good God Woman how many of those slushie things are you pouring!? :eek:

Attention everyone: If you see a woman and her family wearing hard hats and pouring frozen gloppy slush type beverages into refillable mugs run for your lives..... because this is the woman that's going to take out your bunions with her stroller!

On another note the first time I was at Epcot's Germany I (being metrically impaired) ordered the 1 liter size of the beer. My husband, who knew I wasn't a drinker, especially of beer, shot me a look and a raised eyebrow.... which I finally understood when Gunthur the barbarian hefted the ginormous stein to our table. My husband, not wanting to be out done by his wife ordered the same thing (Giving Gunthur a HERNIA!)

Needless to say I couldn't finish mine but I did put a dent in it. Now here comes the smartest thing I EVER DID! I got my husband to finish my beer! This was of course after he finished his beer and I have to say that this was the one and only time this man ever got enthusiastic about shopping in the gift shops!!

I still laugh about how toasted we were as we made our way from gift shop to gift shop. Sadly, as hard as I try I, cannot trick my husband into drinking that much beer at Disney again.

Let this be a lesson to all the spouses whose partners do not enjoy the shopping aspects of Disney. Get thee to Germany where you are a liter and a half away from a spouse who will shop until they drop!

~ Marlton Mom

Bringing this helpful information over from the previous thread

Thank you Dee and everyone else who "maintains" this thread!! We are looking forward to our first stay at BCV in October, and I appreciate all of the information I have found here while planning - and looking forward to - our trip this fall.

Thank you for all of the hard work!!

My Dad is doing really well! Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers.

I love all the beautiful pictures of Princess Lily! What a cutie!

As I read through the pages to catch up, I saw a few people have been to Ogunquit. I spend time there every summer!

To all at BC/YC, ENJOY! Can't wait to get back there........

Moving this over from previous thread-

BLTtinkerbell- thanks for keeping us updated- make sure you see the messages of support at the end of the other thread.

:grouphug:

I am now no longer going to post any comments to this thread about alcohol, now that I realized that my last 3 or 4 posts have involved drinking! I think I really DO need a vacation!!!! :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: Given that my name is "vinotinto," I will not be the one judging others on drinking. :rotfl2:

OK, I have a good question for this group. We've never watched Illuminations because they are at 9 pm, and my kids are the 'early-to-bed-early-to-rise' types (works well for rope drop). But, this year, we will stay up on our last night and watch it. Where are some good spots to view Illuminations, that would also make it easy to get back to YC afterwards? I would imagine somewhere around Britain, but does anyone have some specific suggestions? And how far in advance do we need to claim our spot? We'll be there during a very crowded weekend - it will be Columbus Day Sunday and F&W will be taking place, so there will be lots of folks at Epcot.

We watched it near the Rose & Crown patio, the view is pretty good. But my fav viewing place was between the 2 gift shops at the beginning of WS. Also Mexico is a good spot, but further away.

Dee Thanks so much for all your work!

Hey Awsome Dee. It does feel like moving day!

If the BC IPO sends you a copy of the August activities schedule before your trip, could you e-mail it to me? Thanks!!!
Haven't received one yet. If I can I will try and take a pic and email you ASAP.

If I don't receive I will be glad to photgraph and email the results once I get there.

Waiting on page 4 so all my new friends can com with me. MikeyT- littlefoots 8/15-8/19 YC (seminar)

Oh my! A new thread....how awesome! I just made my final payment this week and wish I was leaving tomorrow instead of September! Thanks for the great new moved thread!

Yay for the new thread! Many thanks to Dee!

Hi Feckless! I did a few things to pick out the items for our in-room mini surprise. First, Robyn (Disneymomx7) does this for her kids, and before our February trip, she asked for photos of items in the BC Marketplace that she might include in the surprise. (She's there now, but is one of the experts in arranging these things, so I hope she will comment when she returns.) So that's how I learned about the concept of a "mini-surprise" instead of a complete in-room celebration.

As for the specific items, that's thanks to YC fan. I saw the photos that YC Fan took of her in-room pirate celebration on the old thread - it was amazing! Now, we're not doing a complete in-room celebration through Disney florist like she did, but her photos contained some great ideas for items IPO could purchase for us.

We were also at WDW for a short visit in May after a weekend at the beach, so I paid more careful attention to the items in the Marketplace and the Screen Door at BWI, giving me a better idea of what was available. But most of my requests were the result of the detailed photos that YC Fan took of her celebration.

Finally, disneystore.com's "Disney parks" section is good for ideas. I used that site (and copied pictures from it) to give IPO an idea of the items I wanted. So I'd just suggest sending a list and describing some of the things you'd like - they'll research and tell you whether it's possible.

Happy Planning!!! :wizard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter