• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2010 Fall Dining for DVISA Is Out (See FIRST page)'

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yes, it's been established that it's a great deal to upgrade from free quick service to regular dining for only about $15 a day. But would it be worth it, and is it even available, to upgrade to the deluxe plan? We are doing deluxe for our trip next month, and I would love to also have breakfast included in the fall, as well!

The upgrade is $10/day adults $2/day kids3-9

Ok I have a "different" question for you! If we stay at a moderate and free dining is announced and we want the QSDP instead of the regular DDP, would they allow that or would we have to stay with the regular DDP. I'm happy with either ,but we did enjoy the QSDP in may and were looking forward to it again. Has anyone ever done this?

I believe that unless you stay at values you get the regular plan. You can upgrade but I doubt you can downgrade...They should allow it...it would probably save a ton of money for them! But I am sure they know what they know what they are doing:rotfl:

If you get in on the free QSDP at a value, can you decide to upgrade to regular DDP LATER or do I need to do that at booking?

I would do it at booking but I believe you could upgrade before you come...I believe it is only allowed up to a few(10:confused3) days before.:confused3

Heard the same official rumours around 6 last night or so...they way I understood is exactly as canadianguy put it...

to clarify - inventory means number of rooms released to this promo..they will be limited and fixed - no amount of cajoling the CM's on the phone will help - so don't bother trying and yes, Disney will be flexible with resservations - if lets say AKL will not offer FD for a room but GF will and you have a reservation # and have already put down your $200.00, they say you are "almost" quaranteed that room BUT NOT AT THE RATE QUOTED FOR AKL - you will have to fork over more money...

Also last night/yesterday Disney again blitzed the free QSDP promo out to even more emailers with prolonged periods up to August 14th ( yes I have proof)..

You have to book by May - so that would correspond quite nicely to the rumour of the FD dining promo...

The inventory released to the new QSDP extension was quite massive (in Disney terms).. acouple of us checking the online system last night we got NO denials for well over 50 requests for all room categories...last time I did it we got quite a few restrictions..

My best guess is for some reason Disney seems to want to push the QSDP this year instead..not sure why, so as a warning the FD to the general public might be just QSDP instead or RDP or DDP....

What exactly is an "official rumor"? One that came from an official source, like Disney itself? Just trying to figure out whether or not I should get excited about this rumor. ;)

So yes, it's been established that it's a great deal to upgrade from free quick service to regular dining for only about $15 a day. But would it be worth it, and is it even available, to upgrade to the deluxe plan? We are doing deluxe for our trip next month, and I would love to also have breakfast included in the fall, as well!

I think you can always upgrade just have to pay the difference. We are upgrading because we have done DXDDP several times now and LOVE it. So, depending on your budget I say go for it! :)

I am already booked at Music so when free dinning is announced (fingers crossed) all I have to do is call and add it on my package right?????????? and I can upgrade to the reg DDP? Just trying to get my P and Q's in order

SO excited. getting to eat for free will make my trip all the better! Already planning to stay at a mod so thats no worries no matter WHAT the plan they offer is. any discount is a good discount!

What exactly is an "official rumor"? One that came from an official source, like Disney itself? Just trying to figure out whether or not I should get excited about this rumor. ;)

1105051198_l.jpg
crystalball88.jpg

money.gif
money.gif
money.gif
:thumbsup2

Rumours are like everything else - truth behind them is only as good as the reliability of the source. When you hear official rumours from some folks - it might just be from someone who thinks they know a lot about Disney or it may come from a CM whom they know...

I can almost guarantee if it is from a "knowledgeable" CM or from someone on the Disney inside, the person who posted this rumour and called it official will NOT divulge the source...no matter how nice you ask...

Disney is like any other corporation - they need their "trade secrets" so other competing services can't "one up" them..and with Universal and HP land looming Disney is even more closed off. If Disney traces back the leak, that person will loose their job.

I know this does not answer you question and to that I am sorry.

Also last night/yesterday Disney again blitzed the free QSDP promo out to even more emailers with prolonged periods up to August 14th ( yes I have proof)..

You have to book by May - so that would correspond quite nicely to the rumour of the FD dining promo...

We received that email last night as I am sure many did so, here is hoping. :)

Since the cost difference from a value to a mod is $67/night ($72 for CSR) and it is $10/adult to upgrade QSDP to DDP-

It is only a better price to switch to mod and upgrade if you have 7 adults (8 at CSR) in your room...

I am so excited now! This will save us $660 and as long as we can upgrade, I will finally get to add DxDDP to our reservation! :yay:

Just wondering on the ticket purchase requirement as well. I know the last few offers had a 4 or 5 day ticket purchase requirement, Thanks! Many of these newer offers haven't been too great for current AP holders.

I just wanted to say the pin I got for the fall for free dining did require a 5 night min stay and 5 days worth of tickets.

I cant see how they will make the general public offer more leniant than the pin codes? but I could be wrong!

I am just sad about the tiered platform-we always stay value and don't really care for the QSDP. Luckily we are on a bounceback from last year so we have the regular for one last year. I think for us this may be the last trip for a while. Having to upgrade, tips and rising ticket prices are beginning to add up to a disney trip not being the value that it once was for our family.

Thank you Knox! You rock!!! I really hope that it is May 3 - and hopefully April 29th for us VC Holders!
:cool1::cheer2::woohoo:

(Although I have a lot of faith in your "sources", I will still be checking every day....)
:surfweb:

ok so i am new at the dining plan here, we are booked at ft wilderness 8-20 to 8-28 with dining now. my AAA travel agent said she will re-do my reservation to get the free dining. Will that work?? she says they do it all the time. I know she has her eye out for me for the free dining, as i have been torturing her ever since the free dining rumors !!

BTW... wondering...when free dining does finally come out...what will everyone do with their extra time since no one will need to check the board 24/7???:confused3

ok so i am new at the dining plan here, we are booked at ft wilderness 8-20 to 8-28 with dining now. my AAA travel agent said she will re-do my reservation to get the free dining. Will that work?? she says they do it all the time. I know she has her eye out for me for the free dining, as i have been torturing her ever since the free dining rumors !!

BTW... wondering...when free dining does finally come out...what will everyone do with their extra time since no one will need to check the board 24/7???:confused3
Yes, they can absolutely adjust your reservation - I do it every year. The cost that you paid for your dining will be deducted.

I was wondering the same thing. If FD is announced on May 3....what ever will I do until September 2??????? That's 4 loooooooong months of nothing!

Thanks for keeping us all informed. I'm already booked at POP so I hope I can add FD - I didn't want the regular dining plan so I am happy. On May 3rd we will be at a family reunion at Disneyland celebrating my grandson's 18th birthday, high school graduation and 2 years CANCER FREE!!! With the time difference I am hoping I can get up in the middle to the night and add the code and then have good news for the family at breakfast! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

May 3rd, huh? I'll be home from the hospital by then. If it turns out to be true, then there's a lot of hospital staff that will be thanking you for their lives, Knox. :rotfl2:

I had been worried about you. Hopefully all will be well and you and little one will be home by then!:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter