2010 Fall Dining for DVISA Is Out (See FIRST page)'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knox,
I was wondering if any of your sources mentioned anything about the tickets that must be purchased to get the FD? We are AP holders and have only had to purchase one day tix...hoping for the same this year. TIA!

Ok - I heard this from several different and unconnected sources yesterday all somewhere after 4pm..

I STRESS - THIS IS STILL A RUMOR - DO NOT BANK ON THIS OR CHANGE PLANS TO ACCOMMODATE THIS RUMOR. DO NOT PLACE ANY SPECIAL STOCK IN THIS RUMOR BECAUSE OF ANY REASON.

IT IS WHAT IT IS - JUST A RUMOR AT THIS POINT.

Ok, with the legalese out of the way.. here's what I got.

I'm being told that F/D WILL be offered.

Specifically, it will be available for public booking on Monday, May 3 for dates from August 15th to very early October. The end dates I've seen didn't agree. Most common end date was 10/2.

All sources agree, there will be less inventory than we're probably used to so more likelihood of folks having to change resorts and/or possibly dates to get it. Just as suspected QSDP for the values, Reg DP for the mod and deluxe resorts.

And finally.. the 'booking window' (or the spread between May 3 and the book-by date will be larger than we've seen before.

I didn't see any information on when this would be available to Disney Visa holders.. so I can't answer that one.

As with ALL things in life...

This is subject to possible change.

I guess we'll know in couple of weeks if this turns out to right or not. But that's the first multiple confirmations of similar information that I've seen.

Let the jubilee and excitement begin.. (on Monday May 3) .. :)

:cool1::cool1::cool1: :dance3::dance3::dance3: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

===

I am going to add that typically as a moderator I am loathe to post rumors and such anywhere else than one of my favorite spots on the DIS - the Rumors Board.

That said, I feel there's probably some pretty close to the 'final accurate information' here. These are kinda extraordinary times, I know a LOT of people are waiting to find out and I again repeat - this is JUST a rumor at this point and it IS subject to change.

Thank you Knox!!! I hope your speculations is right!! and I like having a real round about date of when it will be released! Now I do not have to worry as much pondering when it will come out!! Thank you again and I know to just take it with a grain of salt!!

I have a couple of questions re this that you all can probably answer and save me the phone call to disney ( where they certianly wouldnt confirm a promotion at this time anyway). I, too have been not so patiently waiting for FD. I got it last year and could kick myself for not booking a bounce back! Anyway- I have POP booked with the reg DP for Sept 28-Oct 3. My questions:
Is it worth it to updrade from the QSDP to the reg DP , or does it make more sense to updrade the resort to a moderate and get the free reg DP? Does it come out to the same money wise? or are still saving more with the Value Resort?
my other question is, according to the "rumors", the promotion ends Oct 2. We are checking out Oct 3...do we GET the FD for the night of Oct 2?
Thanks for any help!!

Well, for us, myself, DH & DS it is cheaper for us to stay value & pay to upgrade by about $350. I think you just need to price it out for your family, just go to WDW website & plug in your info. On the second question, I believe as long as you start your trip during the promotion, you get to keep it til you check out. HTH!

I too have been checking the boards everyday to see if any news has come out. Thank you CanadaGuy for all the info!!!! You are great!!!

When I told the kids that we were going to go to Disneyworld for vacation this year my son said, oh yea can't wait to go eat!! We have gone on free dining a bunch of times and it would just be a different vacation without the dining plan!!!!
Come on May:banana::dance3::banana:
:yay:
:woohoo:

Is it worth it to updrade from the QSDP to the reg DP , or does it make more sense to updrade the resort to a moderate and get the free reg DP? Does it come out to the same money wise? or are you still saving more with the Value Resort?

I've panned out the numbers for my family and it is still cheaper to stay at a Value than to upgrade to a moderate. Value level will save us around $415.

I have a couple of questions re this that you all can probably answer and save me the phone call to disney ( where they certianly wouldnt confirm a promotion at this time anyway). I, too have been not so patiently waiting for FD. I got it last year and could kick myself for not booking a bounce back! Anyway- I have POP booked with the reg DP for Sept 28-Oct 3. My questions:
Is it worth it to updrade from the QSDP to the reg DP , or does it make more sense to updrade the resort to a moderate and get the free reg DP? Does it come out to the same money wise? or are you still saving more with the Value Resort?
my other question is, according to the "rumors", the promotion ends Oct 2. We are checking out Oct 3...do we GET the FD for the night of Oct 2?
Thanks for any help!!

In my opinion definitely upgrade to the reg DP it is so worth it! and as for the hotel situation and upgrading I believe it will still be cheaper staying at pop and upgrading the $15 dollars a day to the reg dp. That is just my opinion. Look at the hotel room per night!!! and that is a big difference that is more then $15 a night. Of course this is just my reasoning and if u want to upgrade you wont be missing out either!

Knox, I booked my trip at the end of October hoping against hope that there would be extended free dining like last year because that is when my kids have a 2 day fall vacation from school. I know everything is just rumor right now, but what is the likelyhood of an extension? Am I better off booking something for the given period and trying to get some good adrs now?

We stayed at Pop last Oct with free QSDP, we loved it so much we decided not to book the BB and hope it would be offered again this year. It is so nice to be flexible and not have to tip. We were able to eat wherever and whenever. We might do one or two special TS, like Ohana or LeCellier.

Thanks Knox!!!!! I can handle free QSD at values! This is fantastic news- even if it is a rumor! :cool1: Our trip to Disney is closer than we thought!

I'm crossing my fingers for the last week of August for Disney Visa holders! (Since I just became one!!!)

Thanks for any help!!

yes you will. typically as long as your check in date is by the end of the promo you get the FD for your entire stay. So even if you check in on the 1st and stay for 7 nights, you'd get the FD for your entire stay

YEAY!!!! i hope this works out. this is the first year we have taken the dining plan. We are taking my granddaughter for the first time too, she is 7. can't wait!!! :cheer2:

Thanks Canidian guy for all your help re the free dinning at Disney. disney should hire you as as a spokesperson. I will keep an eye on Chase Disney Visa re the offer for the free dinning option and will update if I see a posting . Do you or anyone else know if Southwest is still offering airline checkin going back to MCO from Pop Century?

Do you or anyone else know if Southwest is still offering airline checkin going back to MCO from Pop Century?

I saw a news tip a couple weeks back that said Southwest was on the airline check-in for most all the values already and will be at all the Disney hotels by the end of the year.

I had the same question about whether it would be cheaper to upgrade the dining plan or upgrade to a moderate. Here's what I figured:

Room cost at POP, preferred, 10 nights (2 adults 2 kids): $990
Upgrade of dining plan (3 adults, 1 child): $320
Total cost to stay at POP: $1310

Room cost at POFQ, 10 nights: $1510

Total difference for 10 nights: $200 more to stay at POFQ.

Now we just have to decide if having a smaller resort, with slightly bigger room, a fridge and 2 sinks and a pool slide is worth the extra $200.

:cool1: YAY! I am very excited! I hope we get to stay at POP which is our favorite resort......but if not, free food is free food!!!!

LOVE this place!!!!!!!!!!:worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter