2010 Fall Dining for DVISA Is Out (See FIRST page)'

Status
Not open for further replies.
So....my question is:

What time EST do the promos come out? :thumbsup2

ETA: Thanks so much for the update!

I, personally, considered upgrading to WL for our whole stay, if free dining came out. We will be there 2 nights prior to FD and then moving to PoFQ. We would save a little bit over what we are paying now with our percent off promo at PoFQ, if we switched it to WL for the whole stay. But we will save a ton by staying at PoFQ, so we opted to save the money and use it for extra souveniers and such.

Not exactly the same as moving form a value to a mod, but if it were me and it still saved me money to upgrade to DDP, I would go with whatever is cheapest. Unless you specifically booked value just waiting to see what happened. If you booked it and were happy with your choice, I would not switch. Just my opinion.

Is it worth it to updrade from the QSDP to the reg DP , or does it make more sense to updrade the resort to a moderate and get the free reg DP? Does it come out to the same money wise? or are you still saving more with the Value Resort?

It really depends on your party.

The difference between the QSDP and the regular DP is $10 per adult per day and $2 per child per day.

I believe the rates for a Value during September are $82 a night on weeknights and $92 a night on weekends for a standard room. And the rates for a Moderate during September are $149 a night on weeknights and $159 a night on weekends for a standard room.

Thanks guys, will take your advice and stay at POP, and probably upgrade to reg DP, once QSDP is announced. I could SWEAR that the Reg DP was free with Value resorts during last years promo ( the one that started Aug 16)wasn't it?

Thanks guys, will take your advice and stay at POP, and probably upgrade to reg DP, once QSDP is announced. I could SWEAR that the Reg DP was free with Value resorts during last years promo ( the one that started Aug 16)wasn't it?

You are right, it was LAST year.

May 3rd, huh? I'll be home from the hospital by then. If it turns out to be true, then there's a lot of hospital staff that will be thanking you for their lives, Knox. :rotfl2:

So yes, it's been established that it's a great deal to upgrade from free quick service to regular dining for only about $15 a day. But would it be worth it, and is it even available, to upgrade to the deluxe plan? We are doing deluxe for our trip next month, and I would love to also have breakfast included in the fall, as well!

I had the same question about whether it would be cheaper to upgrade the dining plan or upgrade to a moderate. Here's what I figured:

Room cost at POP, preferred, 10 nights (2 adults 2 kids): $990
Upgrade of dining plan (3 adults, 1 child): $320
Total cost to stay at POP: $1310

Room cost at POFQ, 10 nights: $1510

Total difference for 10 nights: $200 more to stay at POFQ.

Now we just have to decide if having a smaller resort, with slightly bigger room, a fridge and 2 sinks and a pool slide is worth the extra $200.

I would say Yes, broken down it's only 20 more a nite a fridge costs 10 a day at a value.

Ok I have a "different" question for you! If we stay at a moderate and free dining is announced and we want the QSDP instead of the regular DDP, would they allow that or would we have to stay with the regular DDP. I'm happy with either ,but we did enjoy the QSDP in may and were looking forward to it again. Has anyone ever done this?

If you get in on the free QSDP at a value, can you decide to upgrade to regular DDP LATER or do I need to do that at booking?

Still deciding on whether we try the QSDP or do the regular DDP. We've never done ANY plan yet. I know of all the good QSDP places to eat, so we wouldn't be eating burgers every day.

I was kind of hoping for a % off code too. I want to stay at a deluxe club level. That would be better for us than the free dining.

Maggie

I had the same question about whether it would be cheaper to upgrade the dining plan or upgrade to a moderate. Here's what I figured:

Room cost at POP, preferred, 10 nights (2 adults 2 kids): $990
Upgrade of dining plan (3 adults, 1 child): $320
Total cost to stay at POP: $1310

Room cost at POFQ, 10 nights: $1510

Total difference for 10 nights: $200 more to stay at POFQ.

Now we just have to decide if having a smaller resort, with slightly bigger room, a fridge and 2 sinks and a pool slide is worth the extra $200.

I'm in the same boat, so to speak. To me, it will be worth the extra couple of hundred to upgrade to a moderate for our family of 3. It will be my honeymoon so I think the luxury of the moderate would be nice.

May 3rd, huh? I'll be home from the hospital by then. If it turns out to be true, then there's a lot of hospital staff that will be thanking you for their lives, Knox. :rotfl2:

Mary, I just think you are too cute!!!! I can just imagine you in the hospital on May 3rd!! Those poor, poor hospital staff!!! :lmao:

So yes, it's been established that it's a great deal to upgrade from free quick service to regular dining for only about $15 a day. But would it be worth it, and is it even available, to upgrade to the deluxe plan? We are doing deluxe for our trip next month, and I would love to also have breakfast included in the fall, as well!

I thought it was only $10 a person a day to upgrade. Anyone know for sure?

We arrive Aug 15th and boy am I glad we have all of our ADR's booked already on the deluxe dining plan!

CanadianGuy- Thank You!
Just a question - in your post you mentioned that FD would be available in smaller inventory but the booking window would be longer. How does that work? I can think of two scenarios- a) numbers are low for the fall so they're going to try and get people in with fd and the inventory won't really be that low or b) they're going to see how this goes and maybe add inventory if it boosts their numbers? I can't quite reconcile how they'll offer it for longer but have fewer rooms available.
I appreciate all your info,
Dana

Just wondering on the ticket purchase requirement as well. I know the last few offers had a 4 or 5 day ticket purchase requirement, Thanks! Many of these newer offers haven't been too great for current AP holders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter