2009 DDP, DxDP and QS plans - Everything you always wanted to know

We are staying at Kidani this November. We are DVC and still undecided about whether to add the dining plan. Maji Pool Bar is listed on the 2010 QS Dining Plan, but not on the 2009 list. Can you use CS credits for food at Maji now? Thank you for the help!

I have a suggestion for those of you on the dining plan. Do not allow the front desk to allow charging privileges on your room keys. We figured it was too easy to have confusion about whether to charge to the room or not, since you have to hand-in your key to use your dining credits. It wasn't anymore trouble to carry a credit card along with our room key for tips, alcohol, and incidentals. HTH!

Another option, if traveling with children, is to always use a child's card for DDP credits, as charging privileges aren't added to childrens' cards, at least not by default.

Another option, if traveling with children, is to always use a child's card for DDP credits, as charging privileges aren't added to childrens' cards, at least not by default.
You can get adults as none charging cards as well. We had 2 units recently and each needed access to the other room. They gave us non charging cards for each unit. Since we had the DDP (actually two different plans), each extra card worked for the DP options as well.

We are staying at Kidani this November. We are DVC and still undecided about whether to add the dining plan. Maji Pool Bar is listed on the 2010 QS Dining Plan, but not on the 2009 list. Can you use CS credits for food at Maji now? Thank you for the help!

They did not allow CS credits at Kidani for 2009 so if this is true for 2010-great news!

I feel like I have read this somewhere but just wanted verification or validation on my thought.

We are using the dining plan for our upcoming December trip. When using our daily credit for the CS meal, can we request the larger drink at no additional cost? Some places have given us the large in the past and others a medium.

I feel like I have read this somewhere but just wanted verification or validation on my thought.

We are using the dining plan for our upcoming December trip. When using our daily credit for the CS meal, can we request the larger drink at no additional cost? Some places have given us the large in the past and others a medium.

I was on DxDP, so I did fairly few CS meals, but when I did, I was always given the large size without even asking (at Columbia Harbor House, Cosmic Ray's, and Yak & Yeti [CS]).

We often bought 2 adult CS meals and split them amongst 4 people. We ended up with "leftovers", which we used at Earl of Sandwich to take home in the ice chest.

Just order the large drink, often they don't realize it's a DP purchase until after they've input the info.

We're staying for a few days in Dec last minute trip and I'm confused about what they mean by Dining Plan and Free Dining. Is it the same thing? I know they did offer me the Dining Plan for my trip but I had to pay extra for it (am still considering it). Are some people getting free dining this Dec included in their reservation? Thanks for the info. :wizard::santa:

[FREE01]
Q. What is free dining? Is it really free?

A. Free dining is a package discount for Disney resort reservation packages that include park tickets and a dining plan. Since Disney does not allow discounts to stack, it is a full rack-rate room reservation plus a regular price minimum 1-day MYW ticket, with the specified dining plan for each person in the room included at no additional cost. Typically, a free dining package is the basic DDP; however there have been occasions where free dining at certain resorts (typically value resorts) has offered the QSDP instead of basic DDP.

We're staying for a few days in Dec last minute trip and I'm confused about what they mean by Dining Plan and Free Dining. Is it the same thing? I know they did offer me the Dining Plan for my trip but I had to pay extra for it (am still considering it). Are some people getting free dining this Dec included in their reservation? Thanks for the info. :wizard::santa:

There was a special where you could get the dining plan you were offered, for free. I do not know how long that special was available, or for what dates. You would have to pay full price for rooms and tickets in a package.
Check www.mousesavers.com
They usually have all the current promotions. Maybe there is something you can still add if you are not already getting a discount. :wizard:

The dining plans and FREE dining plans are the same, except one is FREE during certain dates. If you're getting a deal on your rooms, the DP is still a considered good choice, depending on your eating style. :thumbsup2

Hello, I have a question. :rolleyes: Can you tell me please if the refillable mugs can be used at all the resorts, if you happen to be in the area, or only at the resort your staying at?
Thanks for the help in advance. We are new at this.:banana:

Because all the mugs look the same, there is no way to tell which resort it was purchased at.

Hello, I have a question. :rolleyes: Can you tell me please if the refillable mugs can be used at all the resorts, if you happen to be in the area, or only at the resort your staying at?
Thanks for the help in advance. We are new at this.:banana:
The rules say the resort you purchase at only.

DH, myself, DSIL and DBIL having breakfast. DSIL and DBIL in a different room but if we have extra meal credits on our room, can we pay for their meals with our credits?

DH, myself, DSIL and DBIL having breakfast. DSIL and DBIL in a different room but if we have extra meal credits on our room, can we pay for their meals with our credits?

Sorry, but you cannot do that.

Technically no, it is against the rules. They actually have a FAQ on the brochure that deals with this question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter