2009 DDP, DxDP and QS plans - Everything you always wanted to know

Just wondering. Not that I am looking for more food for my five year old b/c she barely eats anything (portion wise), but I do not like most of the options for her on the kids' menus, so I am trying to find a few CS places where I can order her something tastier and more nutritous than chicken nuggets, PB and J, or a chicken leg (which really sounds disgusting to me). Any ideas?

I believe the following just have one menu:

Main Street Bakery in MK
Starring Rolls in DS
the French bakery in Epcot

Sunshine Seasons in Epcot has separate menus, but they have some interesting kids' options (like a turkey leg meal)

If you're going to DTD, Wolfgang Puck Express (Marketplace) has a couple of different kids' menu options like a cheese quesadilla and linguini. Kids also get a regular dessert just like the adults, DGD had creme brulee for the first time there, they also have freshly baked cookies and fresh fruit.

My seven-year-old daughter told the server that the choices "sucked" on the kid's menu at Coral Reef. Yes, I know I have to work on her language a bit. However, the server asked her what she would like and then managed to put together a kid sized portion of the steak dinner. Exactly the same as my meal but smaller. I guess sometimes it doesn't hurt to ask.

My seven-year-old daughter told the server that the choices "sucked" on the kid's menu at Coral Reef. Yes, I know I have to work on her language a bit. However, the server asked her what she would like and then managed to put together a kid sized portion of the steak dinner. Exactly the same as my meal but smaller. I guess sometimes it doesn't hurt to ask.
Many of the restaurants have done such in the past, Artist Point always seemed to be the best at it. I don't know if they still do it or will under the dining plan but previously they would do any meal that could be cut down for half price plus $1.

we are really wondering about something. We have free basic dining. So one TS and one QS a day. There are a few TS we would like to switch to QS and I am told this shouldnt be a problem. Is this true? We don't have the time to sit in a restaurant every single day.

TIA

we are really wondering about something. We have free basic dining. So one TS and one QS a day. There are a few TS we would like to switch to QS and I am told this shouldnt be a problem. Is this true? We don't have the time to sit in a restaurant every single day.
Sorry, I believe this is incorrect. When you get the DP, you get specific credits/amounts for each of the categories, table-service, counter-service, and snacks. There's no 'trading'. Sorry.:guilty:

I have posted this elsewhere, but can't seem to get any answers on this question. so forgive me if this isn't the right thread...but...
We have freen dining plan. we are grateful for it, but we don't really want a table service every day. Do you think that it will be a problem to use some TS credits for CS ones? We want to do a few table service, but not every single day.

Thanks!

Can you change your free dining to the plan that just gives you CS? Have you ever done the TS meals? They really are wonderful if you have the time. We have never had free dining so I don't know how it works

Can you change your free dining to the plan that just gives you CS? Have you ever done the TS meals? They really are wonderful if you have the time. We have never had free dining so I don't know how it works

I didnt bother asking because we'd rather to TS every day, it's more cost effective since we are doing 3 TS anyways. we'd rather get full use out of the TS then get rid of them all. Im really not whinning or complaining, Im happy either way. Hubby is more for CS than TS just for the time difference-more time for the parks basically.

Maybe you can get some TS meals to go? Is there a way to call a restaurant, order and pick up? Then you could eat in your room and not waste the credits.

Sorry, I believe this is incorrect. When you get the DP, you get specific credits/amounts for each of the categories, table-service, counter-service, and snacks. There's no 'trading'. Sorry.:guilty:
I have seen others post that you can use a TS for a CS option but suspect it's on a case by case basis.

I have seen others post that you can use a TS for a CS option but suspect it's on a case by case basis.
Maybe, which is why I'll stick by my no 'trading' rule. Exceptions are just that. ;) I'd hate to plan my TS meals based upon that tho. ;)

I have posted this elsewhere, but can't seem to get any answers on this question. so forgive me if this isn't the right thread...but...
We have freen dining plan. we are grateful for it, but we don't really want a table service every day. Do you think that it will be a problem to use some TS credits for CS ones? We want to do a few table service, but not every single day.

Thanks!

Generally, no. During "free dining" periods when it is extremely difficult to secure dining reservations, you may be able to trade a TS credit to receive a CS meal plus a "bonus" of some sort (typically extra snacks or a merchandise item such as a lanyard or tote bag). At other times, you can check with your resort to see if they'll make an exchange for you, but even if they do so (and there is no guarantee that they will), don't expect better than a 1:1 trade, for example 1 TS credit traded down to 1 CS credit.

I have heard that people report better success at doing this at the resort food courts than at park CS locations.

Maybe you can get some TS meals to go? Is there a way to call a restaurant, order and pick up? Then you could eat in your room and not waste the credits.

Disney restaurants are not equipped to handle "to go" ordering. You can use TS credits on room service (where available, 2 TS per meal ordered, includes service charges and tips) or pizza delivery (2 TS per pizza, includes service charges and tips).

Maybe, which is why I'll stick by my no 'trading' rule. Exceptions are just that. ;) I'd hate to plan my TS meals based upon that tho. ;)

Generally, no. During "free dining" periods when it is extremely difficult to secure dining reservations, you may be able to trade a TS credit to receive a CS meal plus a "bonus" of some sort (typically extra snacks or a merchandise item such as a lanyard or tote bag). At other times, you can check with your resort to see if they'll make an exchange for you, but even if they do so (and there is no guarantee that they will), don't expect better than a 1:1 trade, for example 1 TS credit traded down to 1 CS credit.

I have heard that people report better success at doing this at the resort food courts than at park CS locations.

Disney restaurants are not equipped to handle "to go" ordering. You can use TS credits on room service (where available, 2 TS per meal ordered, includes service charges and tips) or pizza delivery (2 TS per pizza, includes service charges and tips).

Thanks guys! I called DW yesterday and the rep said it was completely possible, We'd need to ask the CS restaurant when we get there. I knew that the answer I would get would be subjective (from the rep) and not to follow it 100%...but I wanted to know what they'd tell me. So I think what we will do is book TS meals for each day, and then we can decide that day to try for a CS or take the scheduled TS. Thats about all I can do really. Sounds like that we cannot, but depends on the restaurant.

Anyhoo, seems like there is no thorough answer, so we will just plan to do TS, with the possibility of trying for a CS if want to the day of.

And yes, I don't expect to get anything more in trading than a CS for a TS credit. Really, it's free. Im not trying to be picky, we just aren't too keen on a scheduled stop every day. So the one for one trade is just fine for us. :)

You should be able to do a one for one trade, TS for CS. You may meet resistance in some places as it is not a written rule that you can do this, but many posters report being accommodated.

If you are on free dining, it should work out - but if you paid for the dining plan, be aware that you are severely diminishing its value by doing this (many DDP users pay for the plan to get convenience, not value - but if you're out for value, most of that lies in the value of your TS credits).

Do the kids get to eat off the regular menu if a counter service restaurant doesn't have a kids menu??? There doesn't appear to be a lot of variety in the kids menus on the DDP. Do you know which counter service restaurants do not have kids menus???

one where I know kids get to eat off the regular menu. A couple of other locations where I know there is no kids' menu and I suspect kids can order with the DDP but am unsure:

Main Street Bakery and Boulangerie Patisserie and Main Street Bakery both serve some meal items like sandwiches, quiche and croissants,

Neither Sommerfest nor Yorkshire Fish House have a kid's meal if memory serves me correctly.

I know there are a few restaurants that do not have a kids menu and that kids are allowed to order off the regular menu. There are 4 of us, 2-adults and 2-kids, are you able to use 4 CS kids credits at one time for 1 restaurant or are you only able to use 2 if there are 2 kids on the DDP? I know my kids will not eat PBJ and they will be sooooo sick of chicken nuggets that I was hoping this might be an option and we could "save" the adult CS credits and use them at the PBJ/Chix nugget only places. Any feedback???:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter