2009 DDP, DxDP and QS plans - Everything you always wanted to know

I believe you can add it up to 72 hours in advance. I just added mine about 10-14 days out.

is this for the Deluxe Dining plan? Are you asking about upgrading to an already-booked DP ressie package to DDP , or asking about adding any dining plan to a room only ressie? I am curious as to the latest you can add the Basic DP, ( not quick service, not deluxe) to a room only ressie.

is this for the Deluxe Dining plan? Are you asking about upgrading to an already-booked DP ressie package to DDP , or asking about adding any dining plan to a room only ressie? I am curious as to the latest you can add the Basic DP, ( not quick service, not deluxe) to a room only ressie.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you need to know that you cannot add DDP to a room only, only a package (with the possible exception of DVC rentals and AP holders.)

I have a few questions but dont want to read the whole thread, so if someone could help, TIA

Is the Candelight Processional Pkg. included on the dining plan? and if it is what tier restraunts are included?

On the DDP its one snack credit and 1 drink? If you dont use the drink option can that be used for a snack instead?

I have a 9 year old that doesn't love the kids meal choices on the dining plan. We are going to WDW in December and staying in DVC rental. So, the DVC owner has to know the names/ages of our party for the room and to get us the dining plan, but we'll buy the park tickets completely separately on our own. Since these are separate transactions, I'm wondering if I can buy her child-priced park tickets (as she is still 9), but book the room/dining plan as if she is 10 to get her the adult DP. (Of course, I know I'm paying more for this!)

Not trying to get around anything - I think this is legit through a DVC booking, but just want to be sure there won't be any problems...

Thanks!

Hi this may have already been covered but.I have never done the DDP before.
Is regular bottled water a beverage option at CS under the DDP?
My DH prefers water to soda and in some cases we would rather buy a beer or wine and take a bottle of water to drink later
Thanks

My DH prefers water to soda and in some cases we would rather buy a beer or wine and take a bottle of water to drink later
Thanks

Yes, bottled water is always a beverage option for CS...for adults it is the regular sized bottles, for kids it is the smaller bottles.

I have a 9 year old that doesn't love the kids meal choices on the dining plan. We are going to WDW in December and staying in DVC rental. So, the DVC owner has to know the names/ages of our party for the room and to get us the dining plan, but we'll buy the park tickets completely separately on our own. Since these are separate transactions, I'm wondering if I can buy her child-priced park tickets (as she is still 9), but book the room/dining plan as if she is 10 to get her the adult DP. (Of course, I know I'm paying more for this!)

Not trying to get around anything - I think this is legit through a DVC booking, but just want to be sure there won't be any problems...

Thanks!
I think you'll be far better off getting the child price and paying OOP for the extra items you need and or splitting with them. You can use snack credits for many of the options that you'd want at CS options, there are a few locations that don't have a child's menu for CS as well. Many of the CS also have burgers with a burger bar. Buffet's also give you added flexibility for TS options. Also, some of the restaurants have some pretty flexible options on the child menu. 50's PT has grilled fish, grilled chicken and meatloaf. Can get steak at Le Cellier for $2 extra and get the beer cheese soup as the appy. I'm not going to go through every TS menu but you should look through them, esp at the places you're planning to eat, I think you'll find there are still a number of very workable options. Also, kids get an appy where adults do not, this can often be a salad or soup.

Thanks
As noted, yes you can. You can also often get shakes, smoothies and the like as your drink though it does vary place to place and even manager to manager. likely the best value but most variable is the Pepper Market. Sometimes they limit your dessert to cookies only, sometimes not; sometimes they allow you to get a smoothie as your drink, other times not.

not sure if anyone has asked this question yet but here goes. does anyone know when they come out with free dinning if they are going to have it for 2010

thanks

ps where do you all get the cute disney figures to put on your posts

Hi,
We are going on our first WDW vacation in 20 years, so this is my first time planning a trip. There are 7 of us going - 4 adults and 3 kids, 9, 5, and 2. We are getting 3 rooms at POR, so we have 3 reservation numbers but we are using one credit card for all of our KTTW charges. So my first question is -If we get the dining plan, will all of the credits show up one on everyone's KTTW card or just the people in each room? My ds will be in a room with my mom but if he is with my dh and I (and not my mom) for a meal, will we have access to his credits? Actually, he's 9 so will he have his own KTTW card?
Next question - my mom (who is paying for the trip and most of the meals/ expenses when we're there) told me yesterday when we were discussing ADRs that she doesn't want to have to choose between all the great restaurants and shows and thinks we should just do a special dinner every night! We'll be there 9 nights, but I'm only planning for 8. Here's what I'm thinking so far -
Cinderella's Royal Table - 2 TS credits
Chef Mickey's dinner - 1 TS credit
Hoop Dee Doo - 2 TS credits
Spirit of Aloha - 2 TS credits
Coral Reef - 1 TS credit
Whispering Canyon Cafe - 1 TS credit
T Rex cafe - not on dining plan
Not sure of last night but most likely a 1 credit kind of place - Mama Melros maybe?
So that puts us at 10 TS credits each. Are we better off going with the DDP or just paying OOP for one of our cheaper meals? I think our other meals will be mainly CS and I don't see us eating 2 meals each day in addition to these big dinners. The snacks won't be a problem . ;)
Wow - sorry for the novel. Thanks for any advice or tips!

There are 7 of us going - 4 adults and 3 kids, 9, 5, and 2.

We are getting 3 rooms at POR, so we have 3 reservation numbers. So my first question is -If we get the dining plan, will all of the credits show up one on everyone's KTTW card or just the people in each room?
Each reservation number will have its own pool of credits. You'll use three different KTTW cards to pay for each meal with credits.

My ds will be in a room with my mom but if he is with my dh and I (and not my mom) for a meal, will we have access to his credits?
You'll need his KTTW card to pay for his meal.

Actually, he's 9 so will he have his own KTTW card?
Every child and adult has their own KTTW card, so both y our 9 and 5 year old will have their own KTTW card. You can choose to have room charging privlidges put onto or left off of each individual KTTW card. However, each KTTW card will have access to the pool of credits for that reservation number.

Next question - my mom (who is paying for the trip and most of the meals/ expenses when we're there) told me yesterday when we were discussing ADRs that she doesn't want to have to choose between all the great restaurants and shows and thinks we should just do a special dinner every night! We'll be there 9 nights, but I'm only planning for 8. Here's what I'm thinking so far -
Cinderella's Royal Table - 2 TS credits
Chef Mickey's dinner - 1 TS credit
Hoop Dee Doo - 2 TS credits
Spirit of Aloha - 2 TS credits
Coral Reef - 1 TS credit
Whispering Canyon Cafe - 1 TS credit
T Rex cafe - not on dining plan
Not sure of last night but most likely a 1 credit kind of place - Mama Melros maybe?
So that puts us at 10 TS credits each. Are we better off going with the DDP or just paying OOP for one of our cheaper meals? I think our other meals will be mainly CS and I don't see us eating 2 meals each day in addition to these big dinners. The snacks won't be a problem . ;)
Wow - sorry for the novel. Thanks for any advice or tips!

Being that you're not interested in doing more sit down meals than what you actually have planned, you'll probably be better off paying OOP for two of the cheaper meals. Take a good look at the 2TS meals, and remember to divide their value by 2 (so the approximate value of CRT for breakfast is around $25 per credit used)

Question please.....

At first I was FREAKING OUT :scared1: when I read this:

Additional restaurant offerings during Free Dining promotion:

Chef Mickey's 9/20 - 10/3
Character Lunch Buffet 12:30 -2:30 PM
Diamond Horseshoe 08/16 - 10/3
Dinner 5:00 - 9:00 PM
'Ohana 09/20 - 10/3
Breakfast served until 12:00 PM
Dinner will begin at 4:30 PM
Whispering Canyon Cafe - 9/20 - 10/3
Dinner will begin at 4:00 PM
Mickey's Backyard BBQ - Additional nights 9/15, 9/22, 9/29

because we have an apparent breakfast 11:20a at Chef Mickey's but, I see breakfast was already included and, I couldn't find Crystal Palace on the list (I found it tho). My question is this, my vacation STARTS 10/3 and ALL my free dining occurs 10/4-10/9. Will/have these dates been extended for ALL restaurants and this DIS post just isn't updated? :confused3:eek: Please tell me my ADRs are still free! :eek: TIA!:worship:

I don't see a need to worry.

Because there are so many more people dining at Disney during this first free dining promotion, Disney has simply offered more meals than usual. The list that you quoted above is a list of what boils down to 'extended hours' or 'extended offerings'.

If you have a free dining promotion, that offer still stands. It's just that there aren't as many utilizing the free dining discount right now, so Disney is not offering extended hours after 10/3.

From the reservations you listed, you'll be fine for your dining times. Chef Mickey's added lunch for a short time, which starts at noon. Your reservation is for 11:20, which is a time that you can get breakfast any time of the year.

Crystal Palace always offers breakfast lunch and dinner, so your reservation there is fine too.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you need to know that you cannot add DDP to a room only, only a package (with the possible exception of DVC rentals and AP holders.)

Even AP holders have to book a package (it's a ticketless package, but it's still a package). When you already have an AP room-only booked and you add DDP to it, you are converting that reservation to a package reservation. Only DVC members do not have to have a package reservation.

My seven-year-old daughter has expressed her opinion of the children's meals at WDW, "But daddy, they suck!" She feels and I do agree that the choices are pretty limited. Thus, I am interested in determining which restaurants do not have a children's menu thus allowing her to be able to order from the "big people's" menu.

She isn't looking for steak but things like hot dogs, hamburger, etc.

For example; Hollywood Studios seems to only offer Chicken Nuggets as the meals for the kid's except one place had Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwich. *NOTE* I have surfed the menus here in the dining section but can't tell if there is no children's meal at certain QS or just not one that a menu was listed for.

You'll find a list of the CS restaurants that don't have kids meals in the first few posts of this thread. :goodvibes

Thank you very much. I ran several searches but was coming up with tons of irrelevant messages.

I accept with information: Each Counter Service (or Quick Service) Credit includes one of the following:
Breakfast: Juice, Entrée, Non-alcoholic beverage
OR one Combo Meal, Non-alcoholic beverage
Lunch: Entrée, Dessert, Non-alcoholic beverage
OR one Combo Meal, Dessert, Non-alcoholic beverage
Dinner: Entrée, Dessert, Non-alcoholic beverage
OR one Combo Meal, Dessert, Non-alcoholic beverage

When you get a QSP lunch and get the combo meal you get a drink and a dessert, right? Can I get a bottled drink or does it HAVE to be a fountain drink (provided I am somewhere that offers both types)? I am mostly wondering about the resort food courts. It would be nice to have a bottled drink "to go" when I'm away from my resort and my refillable mug...

When you get a QSP lunch and get the combo meal you get a drink and a dessert, right? Can I get a bottled drink or does it HAVE to be a fountain drink (provided I am somewhere that offers both types)? I am mostly wondering about the resort food courts. It would be nice to have a bottled drink "to go" when I'm away from my resort and my refillable mug...
It can be a bottled water, juice or anything else they have including bottled soda at the applicable places including CS at the resorts. For breakfast you can get two drinks and if you want, you can get 3 snack options including drinks for one CS meal though it's not the best use unless you have left over credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter