• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2009 DDP, DxDP and QS plans - Everything you always wanted to know

It can be a bottled water, juice or anything else they have including bottled soda at the applicable places including CS at the resorts. For breakfast you can get two drinks and if you want, you can get 3 snack options including drinks for one CS meal though it's not the best use unless you have left over credits.

So, you can use 3 snack credits to buy one CS meal, is that what you are saying? Is this generally accepted at any CS restaurant? Boy, last year we were trying to use up our snack credits at the end cause we hadn't used very many at all, so this would be great info to have just in case we are in that situation again! :)

So, you can use 3 snack credits to buy one CS meal, is that what you are saying? Is this generally accepted at any CS restaurant? Boy, last year we were trying to use up our snack credits at the end cause we hadn't used very many at all, so this would be great info to have just in case we are in that situation again! :)
NO, the reverse, you can use one CS to buy 3 snacks. Certainly not the best use but if you have leftovers like we did last time, it can be helpful. When it comes to variations, I hesitate to make blanket statements, just that we were told this by two different people at 2 different locations. OTOH, you can use 3 snack credits to build a CS meal, just that you can't get a full entree this way. Or you can use snack credits to supplement a CS meal, possibly to share. At times you can get an extra drink, fruit, etc instead of a dessert, YMMV.

I have done many searches and I cannot find the price of the 2010 DxDDP for adults and children. Have the prices gone up have they cut back on any offering with the deluxe plan?

NO, the reverse, you can use one CS to buy 3 snacks. Certainly not the best use but if you have leftovers like we did last time, it can be helpful. When it comes to variations, I hesitate to make blanket statements, just that we were told this by two different people at 2 different locations. OTOH, you can use 3 snack credits to build a CS meal, just that you can't get a full entree this way. Or you can use snack credits to supplement a CS meal, possibly to share. At times you can get an extra drink, fruit, etc instead of a dessert, YMMV.

Oh, okay. Thanks for clarifying that for me! Have only done the DDP once so still learning some things. :goodvibes

I have done many searches and I cannot find the price of the 2010 DxDDP for adults and children. Have the prices gone up have they cut back on any offering with the deluxe plan?

Prices are the same as 2009 ($71.99/adult/night, $20.99/child/night)

Would you recommend getting the dining plan for aonly two people? We will be on our honeymoon

Would you recommend getting the dining plan for aonly two people? We will be on our honeymoon

If you read the dining reviews forum, you'll see several entries from folks who did dining plans for their honeymoon, so there's certainly no issue with it. As with anyone else, it's a matter of personal style vs. savings vs. convenience -- if the factors work out in favor of a dining plan, then I'd recommend doing it. If they don't, then why bother?

Also, where is the most romantic place to eat in Disney....im a newbie

Very subjective... what one person may think of as romantic someone else might find boring or stuffy. On the whole, I'd look for signature restaurants at resorts -- they tend to be less crowded and noisy.

Im a little confused. We got free dining for Dec staying at ASmovies. I thought that the promotion was that if you stay at a Value resort, you got quick service dining plan. But I just found out that we have the basic dining...which would have been awesome to know before now so I could get some better reservations. So, question is, am I silly for questioning the agent who told me its basic dining? I mean, she was awesome, and very helpful with my ADR. And, can we use some of the TS for CS? We didnt want to do so many TS.

You are likely booked under a PIN code and not the general public free dining offer. PIN code offers for December include the basic dining plan for value resorts.

You should not have a problem using your TS credits for CS.

You are likely booked under a PIN code and not the general public free dining offer. PIN code offers for December include the basic dining plan for value resorts.

You should not have a problem using your TS credits for CS.

Great thank you very much! We only want a few table service meals really.
This helps ease my mind!! :) Never thought I'd be complainin' about too many TS meals! HA! :) So much is booked up, and unless I get one of those good ones like CP or CM or 1900 PF, there aren't many others in dying to have. Wait and see.

I think most would agree it's Victoria and Albert's but that is not on the DDP. For the DDP I'd say the signatures esp Calif Grill, Yachtsman steakhouse, Citrico's and maybe Artist Point. For using the DDP but only 1 credit, Maybe Bistro in France though Morroco and MX do have some appeal. For 1 credit non park I'd say WolfGang Puck, Ohana and a dark horse might be Shutter's if you can get a good table location. Another none DDP option would be to have a chef come in and prepare dinner, I know there are companies that provide such a service.

For using the DDP but only 1 credit, Maybe Bistro in France

Bistro de Paris does not accept the dining plan. The restaurant in France that does is Chefs de France.

Bistro de Paris does not accept the dining plan. The restaurant in France that does is Chefs de France.
You are correct, thanks, I had forgotten this. Unfortunately Fulton's and Portobello YC don't either.

I am glad I can try to prevent a repeat of the couple who checked into Bistro after my friend and I, who left in a huff after being informed at the podium that Bistro doesn't take the dining plan.

I, personally, wouldn't know :laughing: Having traveled with friends and family all my times, but we did enjoy our dinner at Le Cellier (Epcot-Canada) Quite a bit, because of our server. I have to say that I didn't even notice anyone else in that restaurant - she was soo good!! If you want personal and private, I think Le Cellier (and our server) were outstanding! It was our best meal and greatest time together, just as family. :thumbsup2
Romance is in your heart, not the restaurant. ;) Have a Magical time! :bride:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter