2007 Free Dining Details - "Your Next Disney Vacation"

Muushka said:
Hmmm, not sure why. Did you get the park-hopper option and the option to use water parks or PI? Mine did not include any extras.

No, I have an Annual Pass, so bought only one day base MYW tickets.

PENJEN said:
Ok, yes, I would like to take advantage of free dining next year like this year. But I am not making a special trip there to do so. What is stopping you from making reservations now, online, with everything except free dining Then adding it to your reservation once it (most likely) will be available?
According to the CM at PORS when I booked mine two days ago, free dining will not be offered to the gerneral public this year (only to people taking advantage of the rebound offer and UK residents). He said that the response for free dining the last two years was much larger than Disney expected and that Disney had received many complaints from both visitors and restaraunts about it, so they are "severely limiting the number of free dining pkgs available for next year". It may have been just a sales tactic he was using, but he did say the pilot program was going over extrememly well and that lots of people were making special trips to WDW just to book it. He seemed very well informed. The people behind me was talking to him the same time I was and were in a hurry as it was their checkout day. They mentioned that they might just wait and call when they got back home and the CM made a point of advising them against it saying it had to be booked prior to check-out and it definitely would not be offered later. I booked AS Mu, but told him I might want to upgrade later and he said I'd better go ahead and book where I wanted as pkgs for the free dining were going to be very limited at each resort.

aubriee said:
No, I have an Annual Pass, so bought only one day base MYW tickets.

Me too. I would call. The only thing I can think of is that I was told that the room was $79/night and that was 2006 prices and that they thought they would increase the rate.

Anyone figure out about the added extras this year?

All,

I'd strongly encourage anyone with questions to phone the number listed in the OP and ask to speak with Lisa B. She was more than willing to assist Disboard members, and is a person who takes pleasure in her job.

As far as booking now and then holding one's breath for free dining, it's definitely a gamble..once again, PHONE LISA B! Just remember, our initial date for booking at the Polynesian in August was already full (no garden view rooms were available). That's seven + months before our planned trip! Even if you save a few dollars, it's worth that quick trip to Orlando folks (but hurry, do so before December 31st). :thumbsup2

Oh, one more thing. Today, less than one week after my quick trip, we received that very welcome blue and white envelope from Walt Disney Travel Company. It's official now!

Thanks everyone for the explaination. I see it's necessary for you to get what you would like. We may go if there is free dining but this is not a necessary trip for us. We had an awesome 10 day trip a few months ago in Disney. If free dining doesn't happen for the public we will make vacation plans elsewhere. Which might be nice for a change anyway. :teeth:

We (me, DH, DD8 (7 at that time) and DD6 (5 then) went to WDW in Dec 2005 (13th-20th). We paid about $2550 for 7 nights at POR (a moderate resort), 8 days park hopper (no water parks), and DDP (not free). Because the DDP was not free, getting ADRs for the whole trip was very easy and restaurants were not busy. We also went to WDW 3 months ago (9 months later) during the free DDP. We paid about $2300 for 7 nights at CSR (another moderate resort), 8 days park hopper with water parks, and DDP (this time free). This time it was very difficult to get the ADRs and all restaurants were very busy. The difference between these two trips was $250 (if you don't count the water parks). Disney company is great at marketing and makes anything sounds better than it actually is. Don't get me wrong, I love WDW :love: :love: However, I am sure the next offer will also be the best offer ever!!!

aubriee said:
I booked ASMu for eight nights in Sept with one day MYW tickets for two adults and mine was $994.78. I wonder why it was $200.00 higher for just one more night?

Mine is $886 for 8 nights at Pop, Aug 22-Aug 30, 2 Adults, 1 day base tix.

Castillo Mom said:
Keep in mind that there would only be a select number of rooms alotted for this discount so you can't aways just add Free Dining.
This bears repeating since come April, there always seem to be a few people who wasn't aware of it when it. Having a hotel reservation provides you no advantage in getting free dining when it is offered later. If you couldn't book free dining just calling for a new reservation (for the dates and hotel you want), then you cannot add it to an existing reservation.

I just called to ask why I did not see or hear anything about the offer while I was at the Carribbean Beach Resort (Dec 8-10). The NICE CM said that if I had watched the TV, it was advertised there! WHAT?! Who has time to watch tv? Then he said that it should have shown up on my receipts from charging things to my room...I paid cash for all of our treats!

I would have TOTALLY taken advantage of the offer! Oh well...

I am thinking about doing the same thing as Castillo...but I am running out of time!!!!!!!

ggeorgiagirl said:
I just called to ask why I did not see or hear anything about the offer while I was at the Carribbean Beach Resort (Dec 8-10). The NICE CM said that if I had watched the TV, it was advertised there! WHAT?! Who has time to watch tv? Then he said that it should have shown up on my receipts from charging things to my room...I paid cash for all of our treats!

I would have TOTALLY taken advantage of the offer! Oh well...

I am thinking about doing the same thing as Castillo...but I am running out of time!!!!!!!

Do it, do it!

By the way, nice picture, looks like your family had a wonderful time! :)

If this current promo works to Disney's liking and they book the number of vacations they feel comfortable with under this marketing strategy then it may just end with this current deal.

Now, if capacity is still suffering for August and September and part of October next year then you better believe there will be another offer by Disney to the general public. Will it be free dining? It's hard to say, but this has worked for Disney over the last two years to offer free dining to the general public; so, I would think they would continue beyond the current offer at a later time if they have the capacity open for it. Disney has at times opened up more availabilty for times and resorts depending on their capacity levels. There are no guarantees there will be future, other free dining offers. Other posters have indicated Disney wants to restrict this free dining program offer more in 2007. It's difficult to determine what the future will be.

If it means enough to you to make a special trip now to secure the current special offer in 2007 then that's a decision you need to make. Everyone needs to remember that the only reason this offer ever got started was because of the terrible weather that can happen at that time of year at Disney. It's a roll of the dice. And no amount of free dining is going to keep me at Disney if a hurricane is coming.

We booked our 2007 vaca on Thursday the 14th at Beach Club and received our "blue envolope" on Monday the 18th. Talk about fast !!!

We booked 5 nights at WL.

As previously posted - unless you notice the booth at selected resorts - you wouldnt even know Disney is doing this promo. There was nothing at the WL informing us of this. Nobody mentioned it when checking or checking out !!!

We only knew by people mentioning it on this board before we left - we actually had to look around to figure it out.

We asked the young CM who booked our trip why this in not advertised at all the resorts and he didnt have a good answer as to why - he did say that the promo was actually a big success and didnt "think" they Disney is going to offer to the public....but really didnt know. We had no problem booking the lodge - but we booked for the last week of Sept.

I've just returned from a 30 hour trip down to WDW, specifically to book a family vacation for August 2007.

While there, I had the chance to have an in depth conversation with the lady who began this program, in early November. As a fellow Disboard member, she was more than happy to give me the official details and clear up some misconceptions:

Details:

1) You DO need to be staying at a WDW resort to book the August/September 2007 free dining plan. They have computers on site and can easily verify that you're lodging there. HOWEVER, if you do check out and hit the parks, then make your way home, you can STILL book the room for next year. They are there until 10PM every night. As she stated "we're not going to deny someone a room in 2007 just on a technicality, because they didn't phone prior to checking out." However, you DO need to book that room before 10PM that same evening. It states this clearly on the 2007 reservation card I received "or call once you return home."

2) To book your room, DO NOT phone the usual 1-407-W-DISNEY line (even though it states this on the 2007 reservation card). Only about 33 CMs even know about this program - it's a special group. THE NUMBER TO CALL IS: 1-407-541-5527. When phoning this number, you will probably speak with someone very familiar with the program. If you have any difficulties, please ask to speak directly with Lisa B. from Disney Vacations, who is the CM that passed along these details. She may also be found at the Port Orleans - Riverside "Your Next Disney Vacation" desk, in the main reception area of the resort (as pictured below):

future-stay.jpg

This desk also serves double-duty as the cruise line desk (sans the special markings you see above) so if you visit either before 1PM or after 10PM, it may be confusing. If you need to speak with Lisa directly, they may transfer you to the Disney Cruise Line extension at Port Orleans - Riverside, but before 1PM expect a cruise line employee to answer that call and be thoroughly confused!

4) While there is a three day MINIMUM for booking the future stay, there is NO MAXIMUM. It has been stated here that 10 days was the maximum, but I was told that a Canadian family had booked a 20 day future stay the first day this program began, in early November.

5) ALL RESORTS are available and you're eligible to book this no matter where you are staying at present. I lodged in a room at Pop Century and it ran somewhere around $72 for one night, including taxes and fees. We're booking a stay at the Polynesian, so you can definitely see that there's no connection as to where you're lodging now and where you wish to be in the future.

6) Interesting Fact: This is the first time in 35 years that WDW has ever done face-to-face vacation booking.

7) Deadline: DECEMBER 31, 2006. This program will officially end then, and depending on how well it is received, may or may not be opened to the public in April (no official word on this yet). Now, here's an interesting detail. She mentioned that September 2007 is booking very fast. I attempted to book for 10 nights at the Polynesian beginning August 5th, but there were no Garden View rooms left. Thankfully, by moving the beginning night to August 6th, 10 nights were available. The key points on this are plan on being slightly flexible with your travel dates and if you're looking to book free dining at a smaller, desirable resort (especially since British residents that have been booking for quite some time now) get down there and lock in your 2007 trip before the end of December. Folks - for these saving, why take a chance? While the program may be offered in April, you could miss out on the hotel or dates of your choice.

8) Special details. You can take care of all of your needs, including special requests, when you book. It helps to come prepared, but if you're not sure where you wish to stay, simply check out the maps and views, then call that special number by December 31st to put that request in. After that date, call the regular WDW number and they will also be able to assist.

That's all I can recall from my 30 hour quick trip. Think of it as a wonderful investment for next year and the chance to do some quick holiday shopping for the members of your Disney Family!

Thanks to Lisa for all the wonderful information and help for the Disboard members! If I got anything wrong, I'm sure she'll be in touch here, to pass along revised information.

I'm sure there will be some questions, so fire away...

hi- can you book this online or does it have to be done by calling that #? also-does it have to be paid in full at time of booking or can you just leave deposit??

You cannot book it online, only face-to-face at WDW or via the telephone number they supply. As mentioned in the OP, you do also have to be a registered guest at WDW when booking.

I was just at Disney and knew about the free dining promo from this board. I booked our trip for Aug, 10 nights at Sports and 3 one day park hoppers, for $1200!!!! The CM , that I talked to, encouraged me to book 10 nights, as he said the reservation can be changed at any time, up to 45 days before trip. I think it is a great deal, as both my boys will be considered adults next year.

I called the number posted. The CM told me that (as we know) I couldn't book it because I wasn't staying there right now.

Also she said-They don't even know for sure if it is going to be offered to the public this year. :(

She said I can book a trip, and add the free dining on later, if it comes out. But she said that each resort only has a designated amount of rooms for the free dining, and if I wasn't in that particular section, I wouldn't get the free dining unless I could change my room over to any available ones. But she couldn't tell me what sections would be 'the ones'.

I said that we are looking at CBR, does she know what sections are usually saved for the free dining? She said she doesn't know.

Anyone stay at CBR for free dining last year? What section were you in?

So I am hoping hoping that it will be offered to the rest of us. I know I booked last years trip at the beginning of April, so that is the time I will be watching!

M-I-C-K-E-Y, I wanted to thank you once again for sharing the valuable information on the Bounceback promo. I was able to book the package with no problems at all. It was a piece of cake after following your instructions. I called the number you posted and booked a room for my SIL for 6 nights at the Contemporary Aug. and one for me, my sons and my sister at the Polynesian. I was worried I wouldn't get the resort I wanted but I got it, 11 nights at the Polynesian. I can now enjoy the next few months of planning without having to wait on pins and needles to find out about Free Dining.

Best of all, my 5 year old niece got her first glimpse of WDW. I can't wait for her to experience it fully on our upcoming trip!

I called the number posted. The CM told me that (as we know) I couldn't book it because I wasn't staying there right now.

Also she said-They don't even know for sure if it is going to be offered to the public this year. :(

She said I can book a trip, and add the free dining on later, if it comes out. But she said that each resort only has a designated amount of rooms for the free dining, and if I wasn't in that particular section, I wouldn't get the free dining unless I could change my room over to any available ones. But she couldn't tell me what sections would be 'the ones'.

I said that we are looking at CBR, does she know what sections are usually saved for the free dining? She said she doesn't know.

Anyone stay at CBR for free dining last year? What section were you in?

So I am hoping hoping that it will be offered to the rest of us. I know I booked last years trip at the beginning of April, so that is the time I will be watching!

I don't think there's a particular section of the resort that is set aside for the promo, but there are a set number of rooms that make for limited availability.

That's because it isn't "sections" that are eligible for free dining, but rather "inventories", but that would be a little difficult to explain to many prospective guests. The way it typically works is that at the time they decide to offer a promotion, they move a specific number of unreserved rooms (of specific levels) into the promotional inventory.

So knowing where folks who had free dining last year were won't help. Any request you make to stay in specific parts of a hotel will only be marked down as requests, and won't even be considered until a few days before check-in.

That's because it isn't "sections" that are eligible for free dining, but rather "inventories", but that would be a little difficult to explain to many prospective guests. The way it typically works is that at the time they decide to offer a promotion, they move a specific number of unreserved rooms (of specific levels) into the promotional inventory.

So knowing where folks who had free dining last year were won't help. Any request you make to stay in specific parts of a hotel will only be marked down as requests, and won't even be considered until a few days before check-in.

OK, I think I get it now..... Do I wait, do I book?
Oh, so confusing, what to do, what to do!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter