2007 Free Dining Details - "Your Next Disney Vacation"

I cannot sing the praises for Lisa loud enough. I needed to make some changes to our reservation & left a message a few days ago with all the info. This young lady called me on CHRISTMAS EVE to confirm my changes. Even more amazing was that she was also on VACATION! Her attention and care go above & beyond even Disney customer standards IMO.

LISA-if you are reading THANK YOU

DH and I flew in DW for 2 nights last week just to book the bounce-back vacation. It was well worthy. We had wanted to stay for 12 nights, but was told that we could book a 10-nights max stay as one ressie. If we need more nights we must make a separate ressie to extend this vacation. (which meant we must book another reservation with another 1-day MMYBT) We decided that 10-nights stay will be just as great. For those needing more than 10 nights, you could do so by booking another one right after the first one. :hippie:

Toocooltobemom, we did the same. I hadn't planned on us going to a park on arrival day anyway since we won't be getting into Orlando until about 3:30 p.m., so I booked a room only the first night then a 10 night package. We're west coasters and will need a good night's sleep so we can get acclamated to the time zone change.

Wish I had known about this when DH and I went this past March!! Oh well, we are headed to Disney in Feb 2007.

We just got back from a stay at the CSR Dec. 22 and I also booked a trip in september for the free dining :cool1: I can tell you that it was really hard to find anyone that knew anything about the promotion for free dining:confused3 I actually went on a mission to find someone! I ended up at Port Orleans ( I finally remembered that I read on this board that you could book this trip at Port Orleans) I ask the lady at the reservations desk about it but she didn't know anything, I finally spotted a desk over to one side that had a promotion sign on it but no one was there:sad1: I filled out the card and went on to the parks. When I came back to my room I had a message from Lisa:banana: She was wonderful! She was so helpful:thumbsup2 She told me all about the promotion and helped me book a stay at the Poly for the end of September:banana: I am so excited:dance3:

Wow!!! Free dining!!! DH, myself & DS (10 & 9) went on our "once in a lifetime" DW trip last April & I loved it sooooo much that I've been working on DH about doing another "once in a lifetime" trip!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Anyway, if I could get that free dining, I'm there!!! :thumbsup2 And it's pretty funny because I was looking at the end of September to do it so it would be perfect. Thanks for all the info, I will keep my eyes peeled for when/if it's ever released to the public! :yay:

I can't decide if Disney is just marketing the free dining in such a way that they will get tons of pre booked vacations for hurricane season, or if they REALLY don't think it will be offered to the public. My DH refuses to book right now. If free dining comes available in April, then I can book. I'm SO frustrated. I wish I had the time for a quick jaunt down to Disney to book a vacation for August 2007! Geez wouldn't that be nice...*sigh* Disney isn't stupid though...people going down specifically to book for HURRICANE SEASON! And people are doing it...I wish I was one of those people!! My husband and I were there last August when "Hurricane Ernesto" *ahem* hit (it was a constant drizzle at best)...we went to MK that day...the park was totally empty. We were allowed to stay on Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain as many times as we wanted until we asked to get off! I dont' think I'll ever get my DH on Splash Mountain again...he can't stand the music!!! It was the best day of our honeymoon!!!

I truly hope free dining is offered to the public. My husband just HAS to feel like we are saving money or he can't live with the expense.:rolleyes: what a pootsnorkel!:love:

My husband and I were there last August when "Hurricane Ernesto" *ahem* hit (it was a constant drizzle at best)...we went to MK that day...the park was totally empty.

I was there with my sister when Ernesto "hit" as well. We went to AK and had the greatest day. I have amazing pictures of an empty park. We rode EE at least 5 times that day. It was great. I wish I could go back in Aug again for free dining, but we are going in June and I don't think I would be able to convince DH to go again so soon.

I was there with my sister when Ernesto "hit" as well. We went to AK and had the greatest day. I have amazing pictures of an empty park. We rode EE at least 5 times that day. It was great. I wish I could go back in Aug again for free dining, but we are going in June and I don't think I would be able to convince DH to go again so soon.

Was at MGM the day of Ernesto before we departed - park was completely empty, felt strange, but in a good way. Stanger yet was how empty the Airport was.

Snip... Disney isn't stupid though...people going down specifically to book for HURRICANE SEASON! And people are doing it...I wish I was one of those people!!
....snip:

You think this marketing scheme is smart? I don't know if you are familiar with DVC Member Cruise. That cruise was right in the middle of hurricane season AND they charge more for it than a normal cruise AND is sells out the first day. Talk about smart....

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: :grouphug: Who knows, I'm trying to plan a trip if the free dinning comes along again. Tina

Toocooltobemom, we did the same. I hadn't planned on us going to a park on arrival day anyway since we won't be getting into Orlando until about 3:30 p.m., so I booked a room only the first night then a 10 night package. We're west coasters and will need a good night's sleep so we can get acclamated to the time zone change.

I just love smart Californian's:hug: Hello Castillo Mom :wave: We are also from Cali and are booked for Sept with the free dining :yay: Great idea about booking a room only for the first night after a long flight :scratchin .. I was lucky enough to be invited down last November to join my friend Bonzarella:hug: we both booked the bounce back for our families.

Just a random thought here... Wouldn't Disney be less inclined to offer Free Dining if the Hotels are booking up now for Aug/Sept ?? And if so, wouldn't it be counter productive if everyone books a room now "HOPING" for free dining ?? :confused:

Absolutely. And booking a room now in anticipation of free dining provides you no benefit. To get free dining, there must be a room available in the free dining inventory. So while you might not notice it, when you "add free dining" to your reservation, you're effectively cancelling the reservation you made in advance and making a new reservation. Your "chances" of getting free dining are no better whether you have an existing reservation or not.

I just love smart Californian's:hug: Hello Castillo Mom :wave: We are also from Cali and are booked for Sept with the free dining :yay: Great idea about booking a room only for the first night after a long flight :scratchin .. I was lucky enough to be invited down last November to join my friend Bonzarella:hug: we both booked the bounce back for our families.

:wave2: KB:love: aren't we lucky?:wizard:

Keliblue, congratulations on booking the Bounceback Deal. I'm absolutely thrilled to have been able to take advantage of this offer. I had booked my trip several months ago so we were going, Free Dining or not. This deal is basically the icing on the cake for me because even if I had paid for the Dining Plan, it still would've been a savings. We like to have one sit down meal a day and 3 teen boys eat a lot.

As for booking a room only the first night, it just makes sense for us. I remember last trip being exhausted by the end of day 1 because we went straight to Epcot after checking in.

:wave2: KB:love: aren't we lucky?:wizard:

Just the luckiest ever !!!:banana: I just wish we were going at the same time :hug: . Then again, it's nice to know I have a GF that I can go with when the urge for WDW gets to great :dance3: Once I purchase DVC this year, it will get even easier :rolleyes1 especially since DH is only good for "maybe" one trip a year :sad2: That will leave points that we just must us :woohoo:

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter