2007 Dining Plan Released

I just booked my final 07 honeymoon package, and I asked them at the package booking about the ddp. She said they just had a meeting last week on the changes and things for 07 and they NEVER mentioned any of these places dropping and a major change like that they would have told them about. The only thing is the dollar increase. She said that marakesh, chef's, and raglen were still on it. I don't know who or what to believe. She said dining may not have updated information since it all was released today so the pendings may not have updated yet. Even japan and tangerine is not on the brochure but she said it just came out so it may have kinks. I don't want to base on unsure things then not get in anywhere else with our ddp. what in the world to do???? :bride: :confused3 :sad2:

Nik's Mom said:
We just booked our May dining package today. Boy, am I glad we picked CBR over Coronado. I would be pretty disappointed to find out that I can't use the dining plan on the hotel that I am staying at.
I'm guessing that folks who are already booked at CSR will find Disney very cooperative about moving them to CBR or PO, as long as there is availability. However, folks need to learn about the change soon (which, DIS members are of course blessed with).

oldhag said:
They won't try to sneak anything in early will they? :sad2:
The details of the Dining Plan can change at any time. No sneaking necessary. :) I'm sure regardless of what changes occur, you can still have a great time enjoying the Dining Plan as it is provided during the time you visit.

Lostgirlz said:
I don't know who or what to believe. She said dining may not have updated information since it all was released today so the pendings may not have updated yet.
I would believe that cast member, when she said she may not have updated information.

Trev's mom said:
It is also funny that the FAQ states the children's menu offers healthy options in addition to the favorites. It would be nice to have a difference between the lunch menu and the dinner but most times it's the same....just the healthy chicken nuggets, burger or hot dog......
Actually, there are lots of other choices on the children's menus around the parks. I recently posted a pretty lengthy list in another thread.

JimMIA said:
Yeah...if I didn't know better, I'd think that was a joke! I'm trying to remember the last time I had room service that was twice as good as going downstairs! :rotfl2:

Ain't that the truth! :rotfl:

Can someone tell me some the restaurants you noticed that are now off the list???? I tried to look and I can't see the change. Thanks!

Downtown disney now only includes Cap'n'Jacks

Epcot only includes 6TS, most of World Showcase is missing.

Coronado Springs has no restaurants included.

Those are the main changes.

Bicker, thanks for the info. about the differences between this year and last year.

I am most disappointed in seeing how many WS restaurants and counter services were dropped from the plan. Does Disney not own most (or all) of those cs locations in the WS? We love The Tangierine!

One more disappointment for me is the bad seating at HDDR. We are hoping to go there in 07. I haven't been to Hoop since I was a kid. Dh & the kids have never been.

I hope that some of the WS restaurants can be added back to the list.

I was told just a bit ago they do own those, they also said they owned chef;s, but he could have been menaing marakesh and the others, but I believe he said bith marakesh and chefs were disney owned. I know marakesh he said was for sure. The only one to worry about is raglen cause it's not disney owned nothing in dtd is they said.

tinkerbell1967 said:
I noticed that the snacks are still listed like the ice cream bar, popcorn, bottle of soda etc. They don't mention the items under $4.00 like some have said. Anyone know if this is true as far as being able to get up to the $4.00 snack items.

All I know is the old one didn't mention the $4.00 limit either

I wouldn't put much stock in what the CM said about who-owns-what; that's not really part of their job to know.

My personal opinion is that you will see a lot of the "pending" establishments end up on the dining plan. Especially those in the theme parks and the resorts. Unless the change was instigated by Disney and not a decision of the resteraunt itself. I think Disney would have a lot more pull with the places in their theme parks and resorts than they would with places in DTD for example.

This is going to obviously cause a lot of angst for the people on the dining plan in 2007 with ADRs already at these pending places. My suggestion would be to keep the ADRs in place until more information is given.

kaytieeldr said:
Hoping you recheck this thread BEFORE you change your ADRs...
The newly-published Dining Plan restaurants are for 2007, your upcoming plans are not affected.

I know - I made all my ADR's for January 2007 last month, but now some of the restaurants are dropped off the list. It just would have been easier to know in advance what was/wasn't eligible for the pan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter