2007 Dining Plan Released

Nik's Mom said:
We just booked our May dining package today. Boy, am I glad we picked CBR over Coronado. I would be pretty disappointed to find out that I can't use the dining plan on the hotel that I am staying at.

That would be a bummer wouldn't it. I am hoping this is just an error or that they are still negotiating. It would be very disappointing for CSR guests using the ddp. Hopefully CRO will tell guest booking CSR and purchasing the ddp, but somehow don't think that will happen. If this is true and CSR is excluded from the ddp, it will, like you, affect which moderates folks choose. I will be eating at Maya Grill next week, so will ask around and see if I can find out why....though most of us agree, it does have something to do with not being owned by Disney.

We're booked for this October with the DDP plan (we paid for it) .. is there any way we'll get :blush: screwed (sorry) this year with all the changes next year? They won't try to sneak anything in early will they? :sad2:

I feel lucky that we are getting the last days of Downtown Disney dining. We will be at WPC on NYE. I hope they don't make changes early.

Look at the Dinner show section. It states that seating is available for Category 2 & 3 only. Does that mean that you have to sit in the back even if you call in at 180 days?

It is also funny that the FAQ states the children's menu offers healthy options in addition to the favorites. It would be nice to have a difference between the lunch menu and the dinner but most times it's the same....just the healthy chicken nuggets, burger or hot dog......

So sad that Epcot options were cut in half. I think I need to make some changes to our ADR's now because I may never get to some of these places OOP.

It was different when we were on the "Free" dining plan but I'm paying now. Who knows, maybe we won't do this again.....

Lizziejane said:
Someone at Disney needs to plan better! They should have released these details BEFORE the 180-day window opened for January. I'm now going to be phoning and changing ADR's, but like someone else has already mentioned, Epcot changes will have to be made quickly, as the available participants will likely book up much quicker.

Good thing the weather is awful today, and I have nothing else to do!
Hoping you recheck this thread BEFORE you change your ADRs...
The newly-published Dining Plan restaurants are for 2007, your upcoming plans are not affected.

Honestly this plan is far less of a deal as it stands so I hope they change things. I can see many more available rooms at Coronado if they don't add something back in... I mean all the other places got room service added, but Coronado doesn't even have that listed!! I'm depressed that they took off Big River Grille and Planet Hoolywood, and I can see eating at Epcot and Downtown Disney will be a huge headache unless your willing to pay OOP after already paying for the DDP... and that makes no sense, financialy speaking. In fact I have bee toying with not going to Epcot at all because it doesn't seem like it has much I'm interested in, and now that they took all all those dining places it makes me less likely to go.

I guess we'll just book our May trip and see what the DDP locations look like at 180 days. We certainly won't buy it as it stands now; we'll just use DDE for a few meals and eat the rest offsite.

Fortunately it won't affect our November trip.

kaytieeldr said:
Hoping you recheck this thread BEFORE you change your ADRs...
The newly-published Dining Plan restaurants are for 2007, your upcoming plans are not affected.

You are confusing me. The poster said they were going in January so their plans would be affected.

I noticed that the snacks are still listed like the ice cream bar, popcorn, bottle of soda etc. They don't mention the items under $4.00 like some have said. Anyone know if this is true as far as being able to get up to the $4.00 snack items.

Ok just got off the phone with disney dining and was told that if you already had ADRs with TS restaurants that have been removed your fine. I asked about WPE he said its on the plan for now but that the Cantina in Mexico(my fave) has been removed! I thought the changed wouldnt go into affect until Jan! Im calling back and seeing if I can get someone else!

Ok I did call back and got someone else. She said that all the restaurants listed on the 2006 plan are good thru Dec. The other CM was wrong. The only ones safe in 2007 is if you already had an ADR for a TS that has been removed prior to the release of the 2007 plan.

Personally I think the new changes SUCK (excuse my language) we loved eatting in EP and they took so much of it away and now there isnt anything in DTD either! I am very dissapointed about WPE in DTD so glad we will be able to enjoy it later this month on the DDP tho..

FI and I were going to use the DDP for our honeymoon in May 07 but since there aren't as many resutrants offered I think we might ax the idea and just do OOP. :(

hyland684 said:
FI and I were going to use the DDP for our honeymoon in May 07 but since there aren't as many resutrants offered I think we might ax the idea and just do OOP. :(
Well I dont like the changes but I would look and see if your TS places are still on there because it still MIGHT be worth it.. I guess you would really have to sit down and do the math..

I know that the disclaimer on the bottom reads " operating hours, menus, entertainment, characters, Disney Dining Plan locations, components and terms are subject to change without notice ", but I would think that the changes would not take effect until January '07. But, then again :confused3

Almost all of the WS restaurants were added in 2005, after the initial brochure was released. My guess is Disney is still negotiating with the other restaurants but needed to get a brochure out NOW. None of us will complain if a subsequent brochure adds restaurants but will complain if a subsequent brochure deletes restaurants.

Restaurants were being paid around $25 but guests were ordering food with a menu price of over $50. Pepper Market was being paid $8-$9 and guests were ordering food that was worth $25 + Sharing guests means restaurants weren't even benefiting from guests who order less expensive items or even skipped an appetizer. Disney may have to decide if guests would rather have limits on the menu as opposed to not having the restaurant participate at all. Restaurants may have to decide if the want to completely gut the menus and become buffet restaurants if they need to participate on Disney's terms.

Without the plan I'd generally skip dessert with a CS meal and would generally at least share dessert and/or appetizer at a TS meal. Using 1 TS credit at a buffet/character meal or 2 credits at a dinner show produces virtually no savings. I can buy soda and water at the Hess station for next to nothing.

Unless something changes I don't think I'd pay for the plan in 2007.

hyland684 said:

Although I was planning to book the dining plan for our 2007 trip, rather than try to keep up with who accepts what, I think it's better to go OOP.

i am shocked that alfredos is off there
it really will limit adrs i can only imagine how it could be to get good seatings

Alicnwondrln said:
i see they added room service at the deluxes but it is 2 TS credits
Yeah...if I didn't know better, I'd think that was a joke! I'm trying to remember the last time I had room service that was twice as good as going downstairs! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter