2000 Leagues ???

sters

<font color=red>Enjoys visiting resorts at WDW<br>
I saw this encouraging rumor on another site.

"2006/2007? - 20K Lagoon Site - Rumor - (6/16/03) The latest update to this rumor claims that while early construction work may begin on the Sub Lagoon in the next year, it won’t be for a new theater, or even the Aladdin show. It seems this area could be used for another attraction in about 3-4 years. "

I never did understand why this prime real estate was squandered. Any thoughts on what MIGHT be put there?

I think it would be a great spot for a "Finding Nemo" attraction! It has the water and would be a perfect fit!

OK Which is it: Nemo at the 20k site, or at Living Seas???:earsboy:

I thought one of the original rumors was The Little Mermaid at the Living Seas? :confused:

I forsee nothing. It ticks me off everytime I walk past there. They have passed up COUNTLESS opportunities for attractions there....The Little Mermaid, Atlantis, Nemo, putting 20K back in..... They jerked it for a Character Meet and Greet. Horrible.

I can't imagine they jerked it "for" a Meet & Greet. My guess would be that they jerked it (for some reason) and then they put a Meet and Greet there since it was empty.

I think Little Mermaid would be perfect in Fantasyland. And Nemo would be great at the Living Seas....Oh to dream and hope....

As I said on another thread, I wish they'd just make it a fountain extravaganza, ala Epcot, and be done with it. This would probably be inexpensive (relatively) and offer serenity in a hectic Fantasyland and probably help to lower the summer temps a couple of degrees with the wind spray...

I hope they put an attraction there, and soon. I can only wonder what Walt Disney would sya if someone told him that a prime area for an attraction at one of his parks is going to waste.

::MickeyMo Mickey76::MickeyMo

My understanding is that the ride was closed due to the extremely slow load time combined with the upkeep of the subs themselves.

I would love to see them tie into one of the multiple water movies that have been done now.

When DW and I went on the "Keys to the Kingdom" tour, I asked about the 20K ride. it was originally closed for slow ridership and upkeep, but it is also a nightmare for equal access. It will not return...Having said that, I am sure that they can come up with some sort of waterbased ride that age-apropriate, maybe a spinner that starts over the land and moves over the water...or an underwater rollercoaster to Find Nemo, or an underwater ride through Ariels story...

:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter