19 days of no work...no worries...day 14

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by erica_mutterer, Sep 19, 2002.

  1. erica_mutterer

    erica_mutterer Mouseketeer

    Jul 27, 2000
    Day 14
    Wednesday, 8/7/02

    We awoke today to a very dreary looking sky and showers. We spent some time on the balcony watching the rain while the kids slept and trying to decide what to do on this rainy day. Today was to be our Animal Kingdom day. After the kids awoke we decided to go about our day as planned. We dressed, threw on our ponchos and drove to the Animal Kingdom. We took a wet but enjoyable ride on the Safari and a walk through the Pangani Forest. We had a chance to dry off a little during the Lion King show. Michael wanted to take Grandpa for a ride on Triceratops Spin so we headed there next. The sun began to peek through the clouds and the rain began to stop. Everyone wanted to see Tarzan Rocks so this was our next stop. Daddy and the kids shared some french fries during the show as they were getting hungry.

    It was now time for lunch at the Rainforest Café. We dined in the gorilla room with a giant snake over the top of our table. The kids were not too sure what they thought about this snake hanging over us while we ate. Our Sampler appetizer and volcano sailed, was delicious.

    After lunch the skies opened up and the rain poured and poured and poured! We waited the extremely hard rain out under the overhang at the Rainforest Café and then made a dash to the exit. We were all ready to dry off for awhile.

    Once back at the boardwalk the rain began to slow and the thunder and lightning stopped. The kids played a few games with Carol and Mommy in the game room and Daddy and Grandpa and Lita took a nap. Michael wanted to go on the slide at the pool again and they just opened it back up. Carol and Kayla went back to the room to relax

    Mommy and Michael spent some fun but chilly time down at the pool. We made several trips down the Kester Coaster water slide, played under the elephant fountains, swam and even ran around the playground for a while. Michael enjoyed a hot dog by the pool and then it was time to head back to the room.

    Mommy and Daddy were getting another night out tonight. So we get ready, give our hugs and kisses to the kids (they had a fun evening with Carol as always) and we were off to Downtown Disney. We were looking forward to a dinner just the 2 of us as well as playing at Disney Quest and Pleasure Island.

    We decided to eat at Wolfgang Pucks. We had a great patio table where we could watch the boats on the water and people watch. For dinner we enjoyed California rolls and flat bread pizza. The food and service was excellent and we enjoyed sitting outside.

    Disney Quest was a new adventure for us since we upgraded to the premium annual passes this trip. We built our own roller coaster (only a thrill factor of 2 due to Daddy's fear of drops) . This was a unique experience. They tape your ride for you in your simulator but we did not purchase it. We had fun though! We spent the rest of the evening exploring the different areas to include the Pirates and Jungle Cruise and many others. We even spent some time playing the old arcade games like PAC Man, Galaxia, etc. This place is amazing.

    We wanted to see the Comedy Show so we decided to walk over to Pleasure Island and caught the next to the last show. It was just as much fun as I remember. We hadn’t been in a few years. We were disappointed that they appear to no longer have the Pleasure Island dancers out and about though. We always enjoyed watching them on the various stages. We decided to exit just prior to the Midnight Countdown since our favorite part about this was the Pleasure Island Dancers. We caught a few glimpses of the fireworks on the way out and caught the bus back to the Dolphin and walked over to the Boardwalk.

    After kissing the kids, who were snuggled up asleep with Carol, we went to sleep as well.

    Tomorrow: Stem Train Tour, Magic Kingdom, San Angel Inn and Disney Quest
  2. Marla Hellwig

    Marla Hellwig I'm not lost, it's called creative exploring

    Mar 25, 2000
    A great day for all - well except for the rain - but glad to see it didn't spoil all the fun - thanks for posting!
  3. yepod

    yepod DIS Veteran

    Aug 18, 2001
    Even with the rain, it sounds like you enjoyed yourselves!

    Thanks for the report!

Share This Page