150 Club....Care to join??? Continued.

I'm about 177 now and my ultimate goal is 145 (but 150s is more reasonable).

I started loosing weight in March 06 at 182 and I got down to 152 in March 07 for my wedding. I looked great! But then, we graduated, moved, started new jobs, etc - life got in the way and I didn't eat and exercise like I should, so now I'm back up to 177. I'm on my second week of a 15 week weight/cardio training program my DH set up for me. I so want to be down to 150s by the end of june....

Welcome dkdaisy!!! :yay:

I want to be in the 150s by June too. Hopefully we will both get there! I am doing 1200 calories and a 4-6 day a week exercise program with 30-45 min of cardio every time I am there, and weight training 2-3 times a week.

How tall are you? I am 5'8", so 150ish would be a good weight for me. I am actually trying for a goal of about 145 so I have some wiggle room.

I started at 218 last Feb, got down to 173 or so in Aug 2007, and am back down to 176.2 as of 10 min ago. :)

Thanks for the welcome HockeyKat!

I'm about 5'5" so my goal of 145 is reasonable. As an adult, I've never been less than that, so I don't want to set my goals to low. I'm also trying to build muscle, so more weight may be okay, as long as fat goes down. Most of those sites with "ideal" weight calculators say I should be in the 120s or 130s, but I know my body and that's not going to work... :)

Right now, my 15 week program is 1200-1400 calories per day, 4 days of weight and cardio training. Each day of weight training is concentrated on a different body area, with abs and calves on all four day. The cardio varies from just straight time on the elliptical/bike/jog/etc to 1:1 intervals. I'm only at 20 minutes of cardio right now, but my goal is to work up to 40-60 minutes each time by the end of my program.

My big problem is that I do my excercising at home and I don't have a scale. Its on my wish list, but until then, I'm measuring my success in 1) clothing fit and 2) measurement of thighs, abs, hips and arms.

Good luck to you!! Its hard, but I know we can do it. The hardest part (at least for me) is maintaining the weight loss (that's where I fell through last time).

You guys are doing it RIGHT!!! It's so encouraging to see folks doing what it takes to get those pounds gone for good! :)

I'm 5'8 and at 150 I'm a size 8...I'll be happy to be a healthy size 10..which would be anywhere around 150-160...

I'm trying to cut out white flour products and sugar....I cut out all diet drinks (was getting hooked on diet coke) because I started having leg cramps and read that phenylalanine can cause that....I've been off them for 3 weeks and not a single cramp!!! They were happening every other night...painful!! So I'm unsweet tea when I can and water mostly or skim milk.

I'm doing a fat burning treadmill workout that's designed for 6 weeks...once I'm at the six week level I'll just alternate weeks 5 and 6 (longer/harder workouts) until I get to my goal...for strength training, I'm hauling manure out of the pastures (composting)..hauling hay up to the loft..and doing Gilad's Body Core workout 4x a week that I tivo...hopefully, with sticking to it I can be at 150 by the New Year...that's my goal!!!

I'll try and come and cheer everyone on...it's a great goal to get to a healthy weight!!!

Tara

DK that sounds like a great plan! Very similar to mine, in fact, and I can vouch that it will take the lbs off if you stick to it.

lmhall we are just about the same in terms of size/goal weight. At 150 or so I am also a size 8. At 176 I have just started fitting into my size 12s.

Work is absolutely kicking my butt right now (there from 9AM-11PM yesterday and worked 9AM-8PM today) so I am having trouble fitting in all my exercise. I did make it yesterday but not today. However, I also have trouble finding time to eat! :laughing:

Hi all! Sorry to have not been around as well. I have a cold and am not able to get beyond it. I haven't exercised all week. But I am tracking and it seems to be going well. Cross my fingers. Hopefully I'll lose this sinus headache so that I can actually move around.

Maria, sorry I don't have any good recommendations as far as books. Hmm I'll let you know if I come across anything.

Welcome dkdaisy and Tara! You both have good plans in place. Keep it up. I'm also not aiming for the low end of my weight range. Actually if I hit 145 I will be at the tippy top of mine. I'm 5'3" on a good day! But I've always looked like I weigh less than I do. My sister is the same way. And she is thin at 138 5'4". Whereas other people who wear the same size clothes as her size4/6 say they weigh 110 or 115. To us it is flabbergasting. So for me I'm down to a size 10 in pants and I would looooove to get into the single digits some day!

Great work Kat! Could you pass a little of that problem of finding time to eat over here? I could use that! Hope you can get some rest over the weekend. I don't know how you work such long hours.

Good thoughts all!
Jennie

Imhall - that sounds like a good strength workout to me. Hauling manure and hay, man, I don't envy you! :thumbsup2 I'm trying to cut out diet soda too. I don't get leg cramps, but my DH has started to freak about sugar substitutes and all the chemicals and stuff. I still put a little Splenda in my morning tea though....

Kat (its funny, that's what my mom always calls me...) - thanks for the vote of confidence. Its nice to hear "you can do it" rather than "whatever".

Yesterday was pretty good for me - no workout (I made Thursday my off day this week because of Holy Week, had church), but I only had two snacks and they were both reasonable healthy. I was at the upper end of my calorie range, but even just being close for me lately is a great thing! Today, more workout time, hopefully good eating. We've got a freak first-day-of-spring snowstorm going on here, so I'll have to do everything inside today!

fofina - thanks for the welcome. I totally agree about looking smaller than you weigh. When I was 142 (a while ago) I looked really skinny and all my aunts were making comments about me being too skinny, but according to all the charts, I should be 130 to be in the middle of the normal range. go figure!

Have a great First Day of Spring everyone!! :rainbow:

DK -- of course you can do it!!

I won't lie, I am hungry a lot. I have just reached a point where being thin is preferable to being full. It's almost a mind game.

Hi Everyone!

No time for a long post now, but I just had to say Welcome Back, Tara! :yay: :dance3: :cheer2:

Our girl is in the house! For those of you that are new or relatively new, Tara is the originator of the 150s Club thread (you know, the one that was so big they closed it!). :love:

I'm still here, like you I'm now tipping the scale looking back to Onderland, and seeing you post is just what I needed! DH and I are going to plan menus and shop for next week this weekend, so I will have no excuses not to eat right. Easter Monday is my fresh, new start!

And I am getting back on my TM, I'm determined to weigh less this time when I cross the finish line at the Half Marathon! :thumbsup2

Welcome to all the newbies I missed when I was not posting this week :banana: . I'll read more and catch up soon!

Maria :upsidedow

hello everyone!! I guess it's been about almost two weeks since I originally posted... and I've lost 3 pounds in the meantime.... hmph. Could have been more if I didn't eat that pizza! lol... but I'm ok with slow and steady.

Does anyone here think when you watch shows like biggest loser it raises your expectations? I see these people lose 6, 10, sometimes 12 pounds in one week and think "man, I WISH I could do that!"... but I have to realize they are working out for like 3 or 4 hours a day probably and have trainers and such.

Luna, I definitely agree. I try to remember, like you said, that the folks on BL... a) have a LOT of weight to lose, which makes it come off faster, b) are making this their full time job (i.e. hours and hours of working out), c) have professional trainers and cooks. Plus they are under dr's supervision to make sure that the rapidity of their weight loss is not causing them health problems.

Unlike us, who slog through our work/home days. I sure don't have a pro cook OR a trainer. And more than an hour free to work out? Yeah right!

Not just that, I think of the loose skin issue. I know that if you lose weight quickly like that, you are way more prone to loose skin and I am *terrified* of it. I have lost about 40 lbs in the last year (most of it between Feb and Sept) and nice, slow, and steady. So I have no loose skin (yet, anyhow). I still have about 25 to go and plan to lose it at the same rate of 1-2 lbs a week. The fall is a terrible time for me and losing weight so I would like to have it gone by then!

Congrats on the 3 lbs! That is great progress. Just think, soon it will be 10... then 15... slow and steady wins the race!

Oh wow, I love the BL, but I have to say it is pretty discouraging to watch them. Sometimes they work so hard, and lose nothing. But when they do well, that's even worse. Either way I can say to myself no matter how hard I work, what good is it doing? I can't lose 10 lbs in one week! This is not good, so here's what I'm learning -- the scale is not the only measure. I have to set goals that include other things -- inches, # of workouts, # of vegetables & fruits, glasses of water, etc.

This week I have dinners planned, with points, all written out (breakfast and lunch I pack at home, and point at night). I need to do a workout plan (next on my list), and then I have to stick to it. I told dh I'm losing a pound this week or else! I've also got TOM dogging me, so when that ends I'm bound to see a little whoosh with the scale. Of course, this means I have to get on the scale in the first place...

Kat -- You really have done great. Like you, I don't have a pro cook or trainer, I just have me, but we can do it! :thumbsup2

Luna -- You are doing great! 3 lbs in two weeks is a wonderful pace. I told dh the other day I wish I could make getting in shape my job. I can't, but that's ok. We can still do it. :goodvibes

dkdaisy -- Has you snow melted yet? Did you find a way to enjoy it? :)

Tara -- I'm here for ya, buddy. Fit, fabulous and 40 here we come! :love:

Jennie -- ok, I have an idea for a book, which I hope to get Tuesday after work. It's called the Beck Diet Solution. Has anyone ever heard of it? I caught a paragraph about it in a magazine, and it seemed like a good idea. Still open to other suggestions, too! :yay:

Ok, gotta get that workout plan going. Everyone plan on an awesome week.
Easter (for those who celebrate) is a time of new beginnings. Tomorrow is the beginning of a new, stronger effort on my part!:woohoo:

Maria

I have completed my six week comittment during Lent and am pleased that I have lost 14 pounds. (162.5) My dream is to be in the mid 150's, so I want to continue working toward that. I know that with increased exercise I can acheive it. Spring is here and I am excited to get out there!
Best wishes to all as you continue on your journey. :)

Saphire -- Great job sticking to your Lent commitment! I mostly did, that is I was pretty good about avoiding candy and fast/fried food. I could have done better, so I still have something to strive for.

I decided to keep the fast/fried food to once a week, and also to keep a minimum on the candy. I'm used to not having it now, so why go back?!

Everyone have a great losing day!
Maria

I stopped watching BL because it was discouraging to me. Its great to see people losing weight and looking great at the end of the show, but it makes me feel like I'll never lose the weight....

Luna - awesome on losing weight. Congrats! I'm still working on getting a scale - maybe next month. :)

Kat - I totally understand the loose skin fear. I am the same way! I would rather do it slowly and have my skin shrink too. I've been trying to moisturize regularly too to help with that. It seems to help a little - I'm not really sure though, maybe I'm just imagining it.

Maria - The snow melted and then it snowed again all weekend. But, its supposed to be melting this week! My dog (Daisy) hates the snow, but once its gone, we'll be doing regular walks again. I tried to walk her over the winter (its our first winter with her) and she hates it!

Also, you were talking about using other goals to measure your success. I do that too. Its my goal right now to get up when the alarm goes off every day (instead of hitting snooze four times) and drink 6-10 glasses of water a day. I started on Friday and I'm trying to do 21 days in a row (they say that's what it takes to make a habit). Since I don't have a scale, I'm measuring in terms of amount of exercise, how well my clothes fit, etc.

Have a great Monday everyone!
______
Katie

Thanks for the welcome back! WORFIE!!! SOOOO GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE!!! I got a treadmill!! We can work out together! :) I'm doing this fat burning routine and it's going pretty well..need to get my butt on it RIGHT NOW!!! In fact, I will as soon as I post! :)

I weigh in on Tuesdays and this Easter wasn't so bad but I did eat some Peeps..low fat but lOADS of sugar! :) Had chicken salad and crackers for lunch today, grapes for breakfast and 2 Peeps + one marshmallow egg...oh well, I'm vowing not to eat any leftover Easter candy for the rest of the day! :)

I just read where they are having a 5k on September 27th at Mount Everest in Animal Kingdom....I might just shoot for that and change our travel dates!!! You have to maintain a 16.5 mile average...I could do that! :)

Anyone heading down that time???

And AWESOME for the gal at 162.5...I can't wait for that joy on your face when you see 159!!!!!! AWESOME!!! I can't wait to join you! :)

Tara

Hi! I am new to DISboards :)

I'm hoping to get down to the 150s by the time we leave for Disney in December!! That is where I am my happiest and I also want to be able to get through the parks without getting exhausted!! LOL

I must say though..I don't have a plan yet..I kind of don't know where to even start... :confused3

I have about 40 lbs to go and 9 mos to do it... so like 4-5 lbs per month..that's just 1 lb per week..I can do it!! :woohoo:

Hi guys!

Luna- Congratulations!!! All losses are awesome!

Saphire you too congratulations! You are soooo close!

I watch Biggest loser too. It's addictive. I want to see them lose weight. But then I wonder how the heck can they lose so much weight? I'm usually eating my dessert (which I count) while watching the show. That's a bit hypocritical isn't it? Of course I don't have 100's of lbs to lose. And what Kat said is true that is their job and their life while they are there. But come on how can Mark keep losing anything? He's just about down to goal! I thought it gets harder the close to goal you are!

Is anyone watching "I can make you thin" I've watched it the last two weeks. I'm trying to implement the ideas. Eat when you are hungry, eat what you want, Eat consciously (chew each bite 20x, no tv or mags while eating, put fork down in between bites), STOP when you are satisfied. Not when you are full. That is a hard thing for me. I like to feel full.

Then this week he did a strange kind of acupressure point thing. I've tried it today. But haven't noticed my cravings going away. But what the heck I'll keep trying. Thing is he says it is not a diet. And I've been counting calories. And I don't want to stop writing them down, because I just got in a good groove. Remembering and planning and what not. So I've been trying to incorporate both.

Tara, I hope you get to go to the Expedition Everest Challenge. I wish I could. I did the Tower of Terror one last year. So much fun! But I don't think i'll be able to do any of them. I'm working on DH to go to Disneyland for the 1/2 out there. I really want to. But he is not buying. Humph!

Maria and Katie I also track other things. Goodness sakes I have to being stuck for over a year at the same weight. But I take my measurements about every other month and I can see a difference. Plus when I'm working out with weights it's encouraging to see a weight get too easy. And be able to walk or run longer. Which I did not do well this weekend. I went for a walk. First one in a week and 1/2. Decided for 3 miles. at .5 decidded to run. only lasted .25. Tried to run again at 2.25 and again only lasted .25. Pretty sad. But I shouldn't have pushed it. I was getting over a cold and now two days later my hips are like jello and are very sore. And I know it is because of running. It doesn't happen when I walk.

Anyway, I sure was chatty this evening! Sorry.

Hope all is well. Think thin thoughts.
Jennie

Hi! I am new to DISboards :)

I'm hoping to get down to the 150s by the time we leave for Disney in December!! :

Hi! Welcome! 1lb a week should totally be doable for you. I did Weight Watchers originally to lose weight. And I have to say it works well. I didn't love meetings but I did go. The plan was really easy to follow and it gets you into a healthy mindset. Also you can join Sparkpeople.com for free and they will give you meal plans and track your exercise and recommend a calorie range. It's actually a fun site to use and track!

Good luck, and keep checking in here!

Jennie

Hi Everyone!

Day 1 and I'm doing it! I have counted all my points, and I spent an hour on the TM, 4.2 miles. Now all I have to do is not get discouraged... Maybe I will skip BL this week. :confused3

Alicia -- :welcome: So glad you could join us. Your goal is definitely doable! You'll figure out what works for you as you go along. I do WW (well, when I do it I lose!), other people do Sparkpeople, or other methods. They all work if you do them ;)

Tara -- The Everest 5K is a treasure hunt/race, and sounds like a really fun event. :thumbsup2

Daisy -- Good luck with the melting. We may have some flurries Wednesday am :scared1:

Kat, Jennie, Luna -- Hope you had a great day!

Ok, gotta write another post or two before ds and I watch DWTS. I can't believe how much he loves it -- it's the main topic of chatter at the 4th Grade lunch table :rolleyes1

Maria

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter