• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

12/16/06 10-day holiday cruise Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
KatHuss said:
Ok, DH got me a great one!!! It is a large framed pic of Johnny Depp from Pirates and his autograph across the bottom with a certificate of authentication for the autograph!!!!! What a sweety!!!!! Now I have Johnny Depp hanging in my family room!!!!

not bad. A year ago i would have killed for that gift. He's hott. lol. Now i prefer Hayden Christensen. Him as Anakin in that wavy hair, ooooooo, just makes me shiver. But I can never wait for anybody to get me anything. I just jumped on the cast signed script. Signed by 15 cast members (including George Lucas, Hayden, Ewan McGreggor, Natalie). So i have that and a signed poster. Have a huge banner from Pirates. Its the big ones from the movie theatres (5 feet wide by 2 feet tall). I am such a movie buff. And my latest addition to my movie props is an authentic Pirates Medallion. Its a real one from off the set. That cost me a pretty penny.

I have one of the replica medallions I got on ebay this summer. I had it for the Pirates in the Caribbean party when we cruised in June. I will, of course, be bringing it next December.

is yours from Master Replicas or is it really from the set? MR has one that is the exact same size and everything, cept for the MR logo on the back. Mine is from the set. One of the 256 pieces actually made (there were never 882 identical pieces, just 256. The rest was cardboard.).

I don't believe it is from the set. It has some logo on the back but I cannot make it out. I didn't pay enough for it to be a real one. They sell them all over ebay, though.

ah it's probably a MR one then. Mine has the Disney copyright logo, but no MR logo. They both look the same (my boyfriend has the MR one) when you compare them side by side.

Well garry, Boo's off for some serious training. they are going to make her into a good reining and rodeo horse. I get to go down every other week to check on her progress. Should be exciting. It took us 2 hours and 4 strong guys to get her in my 2-horse. Had to remove the center panel and the back bar to make it a "stock" trailer. It was fun. She came out alright, jus really sweaty.

Well, i am off to do fun and exciting things (NOT). bye all.

Wow, where is everybody? Maybe it's just me. Whenever i can get on alot, nobody's heres. :( oh well.

Kinda quiet here is right!

Jen, those doubloons from Pirates of the Caribbean sound pretty cool! My DD Hayley is a big fan of the movie, also. I may look around for one of the replica ones for her. She saw the previews the other day for the sequel. Looks like it is coming out this summer. You would think that being a pirate fan, she would dress up with her little sister and I on Pirate Night, but she would have none of it! She is pretty shy, though, so I guess I should expect it. She and her sister are opposites.

This is Erin and I. We had a great time.

f1477ee4.jpg

do an ebay search for Pirate Medallion or go to www.masterreplicas.com and get one off their site. Don't think there are any set pieces still floating around. Got mine pretty early. I also have a miniature from the premiere at Disneyland. fun stuff.

OMG! I know none of you probably know what a fanlisting is but i will try to explain. A fanlisting is an online listing for all the fans of a certain subject. for example, I have a fanlisting for Ben Gates from National Treasure. But I just got approved for the fanlisting for DCL!! I have been waiting for it to be open for application and i can't believe i got it. I will let you all know when it's done so you all can join. I am going to start right now. lol.

Willie, I found mine on ebay. If you type in Pirates coin necklace you will find some listed (those are the replicas), or you can leave off the necklace part and just get the coins. I love mine and will have it with me next year for Pirate Night for sure.

We don't generally dress up for Pirate night as we aren't really costume types and we don't want to pack that much extra in our luggage. It is bad enough with snorkeling stuff for dh, clothes for everyone (including formal and semi-formal), etc. We had two large suitecases for the 7 day last year. I am going to try to keep it to no more than that for the 10 day and just figure on doing laundry a couple of times so anything extra is to be avoided. I am even trying to get DH to agree to renting a tux for the two formal nights this time around. Still not sure if it is worth the cost, though.

Does anyone else rent or bring a tux for the formal nights or would he be the only one in our crew doing that????

I am looking forward to the next Pirates movie this summer! The preview looked pretty good. I am a big Johnny Depp fan anyway so it is all good.

Tuxes? Did Someone say Tuxes???
This is last year's 10-day cruise.

XMasEveFormalbyTreee.jpg

Dee, that's a beautiful pic! DH won't do the formal pics. With the long lines I can't really blame him. I don't own a gown and am not likely too though I would like to find a really nice "cocktail" type dress if he does agree to rent a tux. Too bad DCL doesn't rent women's formal wear like some of the other cruise lines do! I HATE to shop for dresses. Ugh. Oh well, I still have almost a year so maybe I will find something between now and then.

on formal night i will probably wear my Padme dress. i am getting the Padme Lake Dress (Ep II. AKA P-11) custom made including the neck and arm bands. I can't wait for it to come (which won't be until april). ACK! I need to start tanning! Can't be a pale padme. I used to love Johnny. Still do. Met him once in NYC @ a premiere. But now i am a Hayden fan. Star wars is my life. I can't imagine a day without thinking about it.

OMG! I just heard on the news that last night the Grand Californian Hotel in Disney Land was evacuated. The Christmas tree caught fire and the sprinklers and alarms went off. Fire fighters came and the hotel was evacuated for hours. That's poop for Disney.

Gary you dog.... :dog2:

You are the TOP master. :worship:

Saw the previews for the new Pirates movie yesterday. Saw Narnia too. My girls have seen Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings and have been just fine...last night though was bad dream night. :rolleyes1 Maybe it was the talking animals.

I think gaRry lurks and then posts when he knows he will get a top! :rolleyes1 He is soooo bad. :)

So what is anyone doing for New Years? We are going across the street to Mom and SIL's house. No driving for us! If we get too drunk we just stumble home across the road. :banana:

KatHuss said:
I think gaRry lurks and then posts when he knows he will get a top! :rolleyes1 He is soooo bad. :)

So what is anyone doing for New Years? We are going across the street to Mom and SIL's house. No driving for us! If we get too drunk we just stumble home across the road. :banana:

Kat, are you sure your not from Texas? Sounds like what we have going on around here!

Where I live was hit pretty hard by Hurricane Rita.(Gulf Coast) So we have a LOT of trees down on my property that are mostly in a huge burn pile. So we will have a bonfire for New Years. The kiddos will be shooting fireworks, sipping cocoa, and roasting marshmellows. The grown ups will be shooting tequila and sipping whiskey! We do a bonfire every year, but this year will be quite a bit larger pile of wood.

Dee- Thanks for posting the pic!

Willie

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter