• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

12/16/06 10-day holiday cruise Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Willie, not me. Not including layovers at airports I have been to Texas once (conference in San Antonio back in the mid 80's) and driven across the panhandle once between St. Louis and LA. Are you kidding, I live in red-neck land Indiana like your buddy Lampy!

Did you have any major damage from Rita? My SIL has cousins that live in one of the suburbs south of New Orleans and they had minor damage from Katrina but have decided to stay there. We had a lot of trees down from our ice storm last January but we have pretty much burned all of ours already (the fireplace helps with the heating bills!!!). DH has to get more soon I think.

Before we moved we lived in a neighborhood where there were usually gunshots heard around midnight on New Years. Now we live in a neighborhood where fireworks are more likely than gunshots.

KatHuss said:
Did you have any major damage from Rita?

Before we moved we lived in a neighborhood where there were usually gunshots heard around midnight on New Years. Now we live in a neighborhood where fireworks are more likely than gunshots.

We have to get a new roof. Waiting for the contractor to get to our name on his list! Right now I have a blue roof.(tarps) You see blue roofs here everywhere coveringthe damage. When DD10 Erin did her gingerbread house, she made the roof blue on it. :rolleyes: But we were really lucky that no trees landed directly on our home. Some huge pecan trees fell right next to us, but just barely missed. We were without electricity for 22 days. I had a generator and small window unit AC, but those cold showers will be in my memory for a while.
The whole hurricane experience was pretty rough. I am an independent insurance agent, so I was busy with work along with my own damage problems. Luckily, the insurance companies I sell for did a fantastic job of paying claims very quickly and I did not get a single complaint from a customer. They brought in lots of extra claims adjusters. Some of the other insurance companies have treated their policy holders pretty badly in regards to the hurricane.

I live on 8 acres of land that is outside the city, so we hear gunshots around the house regularly.(hunters, etc) But it is nice at New Years because all of my friends bring their kids over to ride 4 wheelers and do fireworks.

Willie

Kat,

which suburbs south of New Orleans do your friends live in? I lived for a while in Belle Chasse and Gretna.
Still have family all over New Orleans and Missisippi. theu have their own hurricane stories!

W

i will be at a new years party with my boyfriend. It's at one of the doc's house. He loves arcade games. Has a REAL Indiana Jones pinball machine. So my family and my boyfriend are going. We go everyyear. It should be fun. Lots of drinking for the adults. I guess i am the designated driver for them.

Willie, I don't know the name of the town they are in. I know it is south of the river but that's all I can tell you. DH and I were in NO last January and I am glad we got to go before so much was damaged.

We had a branch come through our roof during our ice storm last year. Poor DD had just walked into her room with her cousin and a friend when they heard a loud noise. A branch from a tree next door had fallen straight down through the roof and attic and into her room! It scared the daylights out of all three of the girls and it was all they could talk about for days. We had no power for a couple of days (thank god for generators) but SIL across the street went for a while more before she got power back. A branch had come down on the line from the street to her house and it loosened the ground line so when power came back on her entire house got 220 to everything! The TV started to smoke when she turned it on and a number of things were ruined as a result. She had to have the electricians fix the place where the line attached to the house then wait for the power co to come out and hook it back up for her. I know it is nothing compared to what you and others in your area went through but it was enough of that kind of excitement to last all of us for quite some time!

woo hoo! lots of excitement. Let's see, we had our boat that was in storage end up in our pool (thanks Floyd). Had our electrical system get gremlins (thanks lightning). Had a trailer fall over (a really big one) (thanks Floyd). Oh yeah, had a tornado come through in the middle of a rodeo with about 150 horses on the lot (thanks god for saving them all).

Mother Nature is a tricky old gal. I have always said that it does not matter where you live, there are dangers of the natural sort.

W

KatHuss said:
No, Willie, not me. Not including layovers at airports I have been to Texas once (conference in San Antonio back in the mid 80's) and driven across the panhandle once between St. Louis and LA. Are you kidding, I live in red-neck land Indiana like your buddy Lampy!

Hey Willie, maybe that's why WE get along soooo good.....we're both rednecks....just from different parts.....

O.K. Willie.....I have to "post" the TCD "epic" that shows what "good friends" we really are.....hope I don't scare anyone off! :rotfl2:

Tri-circle-D said:
A few days ago, some hammer head started a thread called the best trip report thread ever. Hardly. We all know this is it.

Well, here goes the longest post for this thread-make sure that you read this all. No skimming.

OK Turkey Fans, as promised, here we go.

As you know, there are a few unsolved mysteries still floating around out there about our cruise. After much thought and careful analysis, I have been able to review all of the available evidence, and I believe that I have been able to patch together the facts that will answer those mysteries.

So, as all good detectives do, I will begin with a review of the undisputed facts. The following points are things that we know are absolutely true:

1. Dubbya and Lampy have taken multiple Disney Cruises together. They have also both booked the same cruise for next December.

2. Before the 11/19 sailing, Lampy and Dubbya met for a private rendezvous in Downtown Disney.

3. Lampy sometimes likes to dress like a lady (not that there is anything wrong with that-I am just stating the facts). Here is an example:

potluck05001.jpg

4. Dubbya, on the other hand, sometimes likes to dress like a trans-gendered rock star from the 80's ( I am also not saying that there is anything wrong with this-just making an objective observation). Here is an example of that:

f141bb17.jpg

5. Instead of spending quality time with their DW’s on this cruise, Lampy and Dubbya spent a lot of time with each other. This even happened on the night of their REAS romantic turndown service.

6. Mrs. Lampy and Mrs. Dubbya were seen in the company of a very good looking man on several occasions on the cruise, here are some examples:

willie.jpg

lampwillie.jpg

7. Before the Ron Bon Jovis performed on 80's night, Dubbya, Lampy, and a bunch of other men (no women) danced with each other to 80's classics from performers such as Boy George and Michael Jackson (again, nothing wrong with this, but it was a disturbing sight):

f141bb0e.jpg

8. On one evening of the cruise, Lampy and Dubbya appeared at AP after everyone had just finished dinner with a bucket of beer. They claimed to have just finished dining at Palo. Their DW’s were no where to be seen. Lampy kept referring to Dubbya by the pet name “beer boy.”

9. Lampy portrayed the sailor in the 70's night performance of the Village People.

10. Both Lampy and Dubbya are surprisingly good dancers.

11. Dubbya and Lampy seemed to always be in the Quiet Cove hot tub together. Granted, there would occasionally be other people there too, but they seemed to be there together an awful lot.

12. One night, Dubbya and Lampy brought an inflatable male doll to dinner and had themselves photographed with it (now, there is something wrong with that!)

13. There allegedly was a wedding on Castaway Cay on Friday 11/25, but no one saw a bride or groom except for Dubbya and Lampy.

14. This decoration from the “wedding” depicts two grooms!

WeddingCake.jpg

Please take careful note of the fact that the shorter vegetable is wearing what appears to be a pink tu-tu, and a sailor hat (hmmm), and the taller vegetable is wearing a vest with no shirt (hmmmm again).

So what do we make of all this. Well, before you jump to any conclusions, let me share a few pieces of information that you may not be aware of :

1. We all know that Dubbya has posted his “Costa Maya Beach” photo of the lady in the thong bathing suit about 50 times (at least). But it wasn’t until I received this photo from Doogie that the truth about this photo was revealed:

wL.jpg

Now, I know that some of you skeptics might be saying that this is a doctored photograph, and it does look a little weird, but Doogie says it was just some kind of a pixel problem with his camera. The photo is real.

What you do not know about this photo is that it wasn’t taken on Costa Maya at all. It was really taken on the private beach at Castaway Cay. You see, I accidently happened upon this scene when I inadvertently went down this road when I got lost of the bike path:

cc6.jpg

When I got to the private beach, there was a sign there that said “Private-Commitment Ceremony Reception.” Commitment Ceremony? What is that? And, why were Dubbya and Lampy there?

2.. Late one night, on the ship, I was getting on the elevator, and Dubbya and Lampy came off of the elevator at the same time. They were wearing robes and had towels wrapped around their heads like women. They mentioned that they had just painted each other’s toe nails after having taken a long soak in the hot tub.

3. Dubbya and Lampy booked one of the new spa rooms for an “alone time” treatment. I don’t know much more about that, and I promised not to tell who told me.

So, Folks, there you have it. I think that you can draw your own conclusions from here. I don’t want to start any rumors or anything. I just wanted to clear the air by stating the facts.

TCD

Here we are trying to make a good first impression.......

Now y'all see what I have to put up with?

Lampy, answer me this.....Andrew is not sailing on the 10 day is he?

I don't think he CAN resist! I think he has to try and regain his "Beast" title!

KatHuss said:
I don't know, Willie, I think you got yourself into it!

There is a logical explanation to every one of Andrews' charges.
Just because I missed "Romantic Turndown" , well actually I missed it two sailings in a row....But it was an accident! It was the cabin stewards fault!

On my first Disney cruise in 2004 I signed up DW and I for the "Romantic Escape at Sea" package that included romantic turndown. After our Palo dinner, DW went to the cabin to change and I went to Rockin Bar D. She found the romantic turndown, climbed into bed and went to sleep. I just figured she decided not to come to RBD. Well, everyone gave me heck about it on the DIS last year, so this year I marked my calendar for the date, so as not to miss it. Yep, right there on Tuesday night, after Palo dinner, I would be heading for "Romantic Turndown City!"
Well, the cabin attendant decided he would set it up on MONDAY night.
Here is a pic kelli took for me-

f146c9e3.jpg

yep, I missed it. I was busy with the band down in RBD..........

f141b9a9.jpg

f141bb33.jpg

Then Andrew found out that I had run into a guy that went to high school with my DW Kelli. " HMMMMMM....... and one of Kelli's old HS boyfriends just happens to be onboard? So maybe the turndown didn't go to waste after all!"
And it all went downhill from there!

But you gotta admit, Ron looks pretty cute in that TUTU! Just needs a few electric razors.

W

wow. okay. that one post should be marked FOR YOUR EYES ONLY. not something i wanted to see. lol. Wow, i have no fun and exciting stories to share. Bummer.

Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me. If I were Kelli I think I'd refuse to sign up for any more of them. That or not allow you to go to RBD without her!

Gee I missed some POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!! I had Nick and Emmy for a few days and now I am trying to catch up.

A walk on the beach Christmas Day sounds wonderful to me. Just have to wait for next year.

Sue

Sue, yes it has been busy here. I think Lampy and Willie are trying to scare us away from the cruise so they will have the ship to themselves! Good luck, we have kids so we don't scare that easily!

Yes, a walk on the beach on Christmas day does sound wonderful! DH says he probably won't go to CC but I bet DD will want to play on the beach and swim so we will go down for a while but not all day.

They aren't going to scare me away. I would live on the ship if i could. Maybe one day i will design the computer systems that are on ships. (dream big)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter