11/29/03 Eastern-only 2 days left !!! SINGLE DIGITS!!

Shelly,
No flames from the Izzinmac/Gassmandy group on "proper dress" The threads that annoy me the most are "Proper Dinner Attire" and "Palo or Palo's" If DCL only wanted formal attire at formal night, they would not have made it "suggested" I think they handle it well, and really the purpose is to give people a chance to "be fancy" if they like that stuff! If you don't, do what is comfortable for you!! My experience is that you see all kinds of dress, and to me that is great!

If Brad Pitt shows up ... I'll pass!!! (Although six of my seven kids might be interested)

Bob

Shelly.........no flames from us here. Actually I agree with Bob it is "suggested". We have our own table and I really could care less what other people wear. Hey don't tell my DW and DD's Brad Pitt is showing up in his birthday suit....oh never mind I read that wrong. LOL
Amanda......If you'd like I'll bring Shawn a "clip on tie".

I think I ruined it for him when I made him wear a tomato Veggie tale tie a couple years ago...................and of course--it was all set to slip over his head and just pull.....courtesy of pops.
He's a GM, in training for a Dir. of Operations spot, for a steakhouse and, even when the promotion goes through, dress is resort casual so to speak--khakis and rest. logo polo as a gm and then khakis and polo or button up short sleeve shirt as DO. So--since prior to that he was born and raised in Montana--poor boy can't figure out a tie for the life of him. Yes.......bring the clip-on......lol.

All this talk about how formal is formal. Yuck-- I can't remember a time when I dressed up. I am most comfortable in jeans and racing Ts. DH on the other hand loves to get all dudded up in his Sunday best. He is bringing two suits with nice shirts and the tie to go with. I haven't even began to look for a dress yet. I won't be showing up to dinner in shorts and tee though I promise. I agree though it is our cruise whatever you are comfortable in should do.

Oh and you can come get DD and myself also, if Brad Pitt shows up! :teeth:

Hey Amanda and all...........I see in that wine tasting thread that it is on all "sea days". So maybe Monday?? That won't effect Football.

Anyone have any idea how many people can do the wine tasting per session? We may just fill it up!

Anyone have any ideas for an intimate time with my DH? It is our 1 year anniversary and was thinking about doing the Suriel Bath at the spa. Any other ideas that won't cost a fortune? I want to surprise him!

Gina::MinnieMo

Gina
Surial Bath is the spot know for its romantic potential!

However.... some words of warning/advice
1. Make sure all the equipment works before slathering each other with mud! I heard horror stories of people covered with the stuff and no water or steam to get it off!
2. Depending on the sport events you plan on trying while locked in the place, take along tons of towels. The place can quickly lose its romantic appeal once you relaize the floors, sitting/laying area and everything else is hard as rock tile! If you want padding - take towels!!!
3. Take a watch with you! Without one you are either done way too soon looking at each other trying to decide what to do now, or you are interrupted by the attendant mid game telling you time is up!! Either one takes the fun out of the sport! Like everything else in life, timing is everything!!!
4. Be careful what you rub on and where you rub it. Some of that stuff has a life of its own!!!

Otherwise, have a good time!

One side note. Disney advertises that place as an experience to be shared by two or three people. The three part always baffled me! Other than the obvious, which I can't see Disney promoting, how and why would you ever have three people in there?? Just a rhetorical question - no reply necessary!!!!

Bob

Gina.......hmmmmmmmm intimate time with DH............hmmmmmmmmmm, well I'm a DH and have been married for over 14 years........let me think......what would I consider romantic from my DW????? I know.......you could watch Sunday football with HIM and ALL of us DH's.............or, hmmmmmmm how 'bout Monday night football???? O.K. maybe Bobs idea slopping mud all over each other, with no water to get it off with or "sitting or laying (whatever that means) on a rock tile floor". (probably cold too)........Having the preassure of "finishing too early" (way too much preassure for a newlywed DH in my opinion) or "getting interrupted mid-game?" (isn't that an hour long??? BOB....YOU THE MAN!!!!!!) Or rubbing stuff that has a "life of it's own" on yourself or DH. Is that what you young newleyweds consider romantic??? "When I was your age..........." Hey wait a miniute..........what's this about a third person??? Is it like one of those fancy resturants where there is someone in the bathroom to hold a towel while you dry your hands??? Well that IS romantic. LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!! Sorry guys I just couldn't help but to poke fun.....................I think that WOULD be romantic fun.......Maybe I'll book it and surprise DW..........

RON

HEEELLLPPPPPP!!!!!! Youngest DD Alli just informed me that she is going to be spending "a lot of time in the room by herself" because DD13 Jessica has found some friends and will be in the teens clubs. Poor Alli......Anyone have any DD's around 11 looking for a "pal" on our cruise????

Ron

HEY I CAN HELP IN THE GROUP OF PEOPLE GOING WITH US THE KIDS ARE ALL GIRLS BUT ONE
my kids are
Rachel is 13
Olivia is 10
Abby is 6
Sarah is 4
My sisters kids are
Alyssa is 10
Richie is 6
My uncles kids are
Dani is 10
Alex is 6
Sami is 4

So i think Olivia, Alyssa & Dani would love to hang out with your daughter if they are in the same club

I believe the teen age group is 13-17 thus leaving "poor big Al" without her big sis. (Even if they say "they hate each other" at home). Now, we have been on two DCL cruises and they have NEVER been in ANY club. They have either been with us or themselves. Soooooo we'll see.

Hi!!! My name is Sean. I am 12 years old and I love the clubs! I will be on the cruise with siblings and cousins
jumpinggreens.gif
:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Siblings + Cousins

Amanda 16
Tina 16
Andrew 14
(Me) Sean 12
Nicole 10
Sarah 10
Carolyn 10
Joey 6
Alyssa 6

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just talking to my DW and laughing about 21 days from right now we will be heading for the airport. Unfortunately, I work for a supermarket and cannot get the Friday after Thanksgiving off, so we must leave on Saturday morning....you just have to pray there is no snow....which there usually is not and there is no problem with the flight. On thing that I do is I make sure we get the early flight out of JFK....so that if there is a problem with the flight we have a little back up with other flights that morning.....but....three weeks and counting my friends.....
Tom

Thanks for the advice Bob, and as always.....thanks for the humor Ron. Basically we are wanting some time away from the parents. Romance is in the eye of the beholder and to me, being on the top deck at night can be romantic. But, I want to do something he wouldn't expect and this would be very unexpected. Although Ron, I am very lucky, Jason isn't a sports fan all that much. He will watch it but he doesn't go out of his way to not miss a game! I could always to a room celebration and have champagne and strawberries delivered to the room but we did that on our honeymoon. I think the suriel bath is the way to go, but I will take your advice Bob, I definitely want to make sure the water and steam is working before I go to the mud.

Thanks!

Gina::MinnieMo

I've finally gotten a chance to upload our pictures to Lampskies' website. It was difficult to find a picture of all 3 of us together, so I had to post 2 different ones.

Kathy

So 3 weeks from this minute and I'll be driving to Port!!

So is it just me, or is all you think about this cruise? And I still have THREE WHOLE WEEKS to go! By the time it get's closer, they might as well go ahead and send me on vacation early, because I won't be productive at work. I am already driving people crazy talking about my cruise so much. They should give me a onboard credit because every other person who comes off the Tower of Terror, I tell them.. you gotta go on the Disney Cruise.

Well it's off to Super Soap... Cameron Mathison here I come!!! Maybe I can fit him in my suitcase. He won't mind waiting three weeks in there!

P.S. With a little help from my computer-literate brother I uploaded my pic on the yahoo site... It's from my last 4 day cruise with the dueling piano stud's Dino and Danny!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter