11/29/03 Eastern-only 2 days left !!! SINGLE DIGITS!!

Bob................hmmmmmmmm....So you mean if our formal night is in Parrots Cay I have to dress formal??? We have only been on the Wonder (twice) and Parrot Cay was tropical and Animators was casual and the other was formal.........so it's different on the Magic????............I guess I'll bring my "formal" hawaiian shirt just in case! LOL Parrot Cay wouldn't be the same in formal wear.........

Lampskies,
Yea, its completely different than the Wonder, where dress all depends on when you rotate through Tritons. I think they tried to maintain the dress up in Lumieres on the Magic when they started the 7 day, PLUS formal night, PLUS semi formal. If you got the wrong rotation, you could end up having to dress up 3 or 4 nights. Now Lumieres has the same dress code as the others. The night determines the dress.

I have an old leisure suit or a Don Ho necktie. You can borrow whichever you want. Maybe both....a leisure suit with a Hawaiian necktie!!!!

Actually, with the age of your kids, you should be "prime" for the PLAPLAP rotation! We asked for that one-don't know if we will get it.
Bob

LOL, Bob.....................Leisure suite huh? Well you know I am a Finance Director at an auto dealership................maybe I can borrow a leisure suite from on of my salesmen????????LOL

DW just nextelled me...............WE JUST GOT A VISIT FROM "THE BIG BROWN TRUCK"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We don't have our docs in our hot little hands yet...alas they are still waiting for my parents to pick them p at AAA in Florida... Some time next week!
Joanne

I'm at work and DW (Kim) won't open it up to see if we recieved the other upgrade (Land portion). That I was told I might get.

Crazy Momma and other wine tasters:
I would love to do the wine tasting too, I told my parents they had to do it with me, but I am pretty sure one or both of them would be only too happy if I let them off the hook!! (My dad only wants the pin anyway!) Sounds like a great idea. Does anyone know when the first one is?? I am just trying to mentally figure out the schedule. Not a pretty sight!!!

I am not counting on it.. I heard that it starts in December, so I bet it starts on a cruise that actually sets sail from Port Canaveral in December. But...we can hope some Pixie Dust comes our way!!!;)

CruiserDew...Last post I saw on this said "Golden Mickey" starts with the Dec 6 cruise. Looks like we are the unlucky ones to be on the last cruise without it.

To all the DisWinos - I looked at a bunch of Navigators and it looks like wine tasting is only offered once - on Sunday at Mass (just kidding) Actually only once on Sunday at 2:15. I really thought it was more often than that. If a bunch of you go, maybe you could get a private session! I'd do it just to watch the gyrations my wife goes through every time she takes a sip of wine - I think she thinks she is being poisoned!!!

Bob................Sunday at 2:15 is going to probably minimize the tasters. Isn't Amandas hubby talking about The Rams.......and someone else the Cardinals and 'Da Bears. Now the other thread said the "tasing"was in a club. Could it be on of the "clubs" with the games on???

Looks like we are skipping Palo..............DW Kim decided 1)"She is not getting THAT dressed up on vacation" and 2) As busy as we are in our every day lives with my crazy hours, and kids in all activities around dinner time she just wants to have 9 nights in a row we can eat dinner as a family. And if I have learned ONE thing in my 14 plus years of marriage......."I know I was put here on earth to make her happy." LOL

Ron

I'M GOING ON VACATION!!!
I'M GOING TO DISNEY!!! I'M GOING TO DISNEY!!!!

I'M GOING ON THE DISNEY CRUISE!!! I GET TO SEE MICKEY!!!!

I'M DONG THE DISNEY HAPPY DANCE BECAUSE MY DOCS. CAME TODAY.

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Susan

This will be our first cruise and we have already had a pleasant suprise-we got upgraded. Maybe they feel bad cuz they cancelled our cruise last year-HA HA. All this talk of formal, semi-formal and dinner rotations has my head spinning. Isn't there only one formal night, and isn't it optional? How formal are we talking. Being a mom with three kids, formal is no longer in my dress code. Also, does anyone have suggestions on what you have to have with a baby? Do they provide any paraphenalia?
It's fun to read all your posts. It has taken me three days to figure out how to get my post on the right thread.
Katrina
:earsboy: (33):earsgirl: (32)princess: (5)princess: (4)princess: (8mo)

Ron,

That's funny about Palos, the DW (Crazy Momma/Susan) just said last night that maybe we should just do the Brunch at Palos. She doesn't want to miss the food at any of the Rotations. Its our 10th anniversary cruise so I'm fine as long as we get at least 1 meal just for Mom and Dad.

I'm going to post this in the other secton too, but we where reading over the docs last night and they said carry on luggage had to conform to Airline size specifications 9X14X22 I believe. Do they enforce this if you aren't flying?

Katrina
Welcome to our slighly crazy group. You are right about head spin from rotation info. Really doesn't matter much anyway, unless you are an obsessive planner. Just forget about it and enjoy the cruise! Formal goes anwhere from Dockers to Formal Wear, with the majority in coat and tie and dressy dresses. Avoid cut offs and t shirts and you will be OK!
I think you sent an email yesterday to all of us who were part of the Yahoo Group site created by Ron (Lampskies) One of your questions dealt with cruising with an 8 month old. We have never done that, but I have two daughters going on this cruise as part of our group. One will have an 8 1/2 month old and the other a 7 1/2 month old. The one with the 7 1/2 month old is Amanda(Gassmandy here). I do know they have converted one of the "ears" on the mickey pool for kids still in diapers. Basically they have turned it into a continually draining fountain type pool to keep the water fresh.

Bob

Katrina.........on our first Dis cruise Feb of 2000 I was totally unprepaired. I had no suit coat or tie. Dockers and a polo were all I packed. I thought I would feel a little out of place. But the servers and everyone else made no mention and there were many people in polos. As a matter of fact, on our last cruise Dec 1 Wonder (replacement of cancelled Magic) Some people at the table next to us had on jeans and Harley shirts. The were allowed in..........they did get some looks.

Ron

Lostboyinva...............DCL tells you to bring a carry on with "stuff" for the day in the case of misplaced luggage. I believe the luggage is loaded on the ship thru deck 2 so the higher catagories take longer to get luggage placed outside their door. As far as carry on, on our last cruise Dec 1 Wonder (replacement of cancelled Magic) they had portable "airport scanners" before you entered the lobby. I believe I saw someone with a lorge suitcase that didn't fit thru the scanner and DCL tagged it and sent it to where the regular luggage goes. We bring our small duffle bags an 2 small carryon suitcases Just enough to pack a couple cases of my favorite bevergae.

I might get flamed a little.. but it's just my opinion.. come however you feel comfortable. All I care about is having a great meal, served to me by a great staff, and having fun with my tablemates. Fashion isn't my top priority. Now if you sat down at my table in your birthday suit, I might have a comment. But if you are Brad Pitt... I'd be willing to get past it.

In all seriousness.. there are dress guidelines. And just keep in mind that if you come to dinner in shorts and a t shirt, people might look. If you are comfortable with that, and would be more uncomfortable dressing up. Come how you want! It's your cruise.

But like Lampkies said, dockers, a polo.. maybe a jacket or nice buttondown on formal. You'll be fine. I say, anything but jeans and shorts and t-shirts blends in. There is a wide variety of attire on the cruise.

Ron--I posted another question on my "wine" thread--to see if it's offered more than Sunday--cause like you said--if they're not showing the games in sessions (can you see it now: swirling our wine to let it "breathe" while cursing out the refs for some awful call!) I will have to pass...............gotta watch my Rams. But I think I've read they do it at sea days???????We'll see.

Welcome Katrina--I'm taking my 7 1/2 month old girl. As far as dress goes--I wore a simple knee length sleeveless black dress for formal night and a different one for semi. I don't do bridesmaid or prom looking dresses!! And I didn't feel out of place. Shawn will wear khaki pants and a polo or button up short sleeved shirt for the 5 reg. nights and he has a sports jacket/pant set for the other 2. NO TIE!!!!!(good thing since we'd have to have my dad help him with it-lol). We're only doing Palo for brunch this time since I dare not leave Addison w/ family for Palo dinner-----that's her CRANKY time of day and typically only mommy will do!
CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter