1/14/15: Magic Kingdom Hub Construction Update

Ugh!!!:sad2:

This is what I was afraid of. I've been trying to find hub pics for weeks. Thanks for posting them.

Now, I've got to decide if it is worth it to keep the 8:00 am CP ADR I have or not. I booked it as a surprise for my mom who loves to take pictures. Surprise!!! Look, you can get some great pics of walls, scaffolding, and cranes!!!

It is only the two of us, no kids this trip, and we've done CP before, so we don't really care about seeing the characters. We aren't big breakfast eaters either. I only booked it for her to be able to get great pics and to give us a little bit of a head start on the rope drop people becuase we will only be at Disney for 2 days this trip.

I hate making decisions like this. I don't want to give up my before rope drop advantage, but it is the off season anyway, and I'm not sure I can justify spending the money solely for that small advantage.

I guess I will just ruin the surprise and ask her what she wants to do. Who knows, maybe she will want to take pics with all the construction in the background. It might help document the trip or something. You never know with her.

Well, I guess we'll just have a new view of the Castle Hub to put in our photo albums, right next to the pictures of the Pink Frosting Cake Castle. At least it looks like Disney is doing their best to make sure portions of the hub are able to go through instead of having to close off the entire area and usher everyone past Casey's/Crystal Palace and Tomorrowland Terrace to get to the back of the park. Now that would be a routing nightmare. Just hoping the crane will at least be gone by the 21st as planned since we arrive on the 22nd.

But definitely sad for the once-in-a-lifetime families.

Ugh!!!:sad2:

This is what I was afraid of. I've been trying to find hub pics for weeks. Thanks for posting them.

Now, I've got to decide if it is worth it to keep the 8:00 am CP ADR I have or not. I booked it as a surprise for my mom who loves to take pictures. Surprise!!! Look, you can get some great pics of walls, scaffolding, and cranes!!!

It is only the two of us, no kids this trip, and we've done CP before, so we don't really care about seeing the characters. We aren't big breakfast eaters either. I only booked it for her to be able to get great pics and to give us a little bit of a head start on the rope drop people becuase we will only be at Disney for 2 days this trip.

I hate making decisions like this. I don't want to give up my before rope drop advantage, but it is the off season anyway, and I'm not sure I can justify spending the money solely for that small advantage.

I guess I will just ruin the surprise and ask her what she wants to do. Who knows, maybe she will want to take pics with all the construction in the background. It might help document the trip or something. You never know with her.

Your post got me thinking too. We have an 8:15am CP ADR that I might consider giving up. We like to take pictures of the Castle and Main Street as we are heading to the restaurant, but with all of the construction walls up and the Partner's Statue under a "box", I am not sure if it is worth it to us to do it anymore. I will have to see what my 2 traveling buddies (DD13 and DD11) will want to do, knowing them they will want me to still keep the ADR since it is a must do restaurant for us. Such decisions.

We are not once in a lifetime family, but we definitely have to save for our trips to Disney. We are 10 days out, and I am very disappointed by all these walls. BUT I am even more disappointed in the fact that there are now so muny more walls and closures then they originally made it sound like. Cancelling Dream along with Mickey and Move it shake it street party isn't fair. And now adding the hat removal just adds to the amount of walls that will be there. This is our youngest's first trip to Disney and I would have loved to have her picture with the statue like we do her sisters.

At least for the once in a lifetimers, they won't even know what they're missing, you know? Those walls are pretty fancy looking compared to what would be thrown up at local amusement parks. Almost like they're supposed to be there

Yeah, it doesn't look great. But if this is the biggest problem I encounter on our trip, I'll be ok.

It's horrible to see the statue covered. That should never be allowed. :sad2:

This is Disney we are talking about here. They could have made something clear to cover the statue with, if it had to be covered. This is something, one of the very few Walt representations in the entire resort, that should never have walls around it. Six+ months without Walt Disney & Mickey greeting guests = :sad1:

It's just covered while construction is done on the hub around it.

Thanks!

This is Disney we are talking about here. They could have made something clear to cover the statue with, if it had to be covered. This is something, one of the very few Walt representations in the entire resort, that should never have walls around it. Six+ months without Walt Disney & Mickey greeting guests = :sad1:

Yeah, I agree. For some reason that is so depressing. It would be nice if they could have found a way to use a clear material to protect it.

Just like anything in life gotta go through the pain to achieve the gain. DTD, MK Hub, AK all torn up but once their done it will be worth it. Than again soon as their done DHS is next. I'm all for it build build build.

Despite the construction and nuisance, Disney knows what they are doing. I think adding extra space is an excellent idea! Parades and fireworks are always so crowded. The fact that they mentioned Disney will be adding extra landscaping inspired by European Castle grounds is exciting! They do such a great job with landscaping to begin with, so adding even more will look beautiful! I can't wait to see what it will look like.

I will be there Jan 25th and we have a fastpass for wishes and another night
we are doing the desert party. Will there be construction walls in our direct view?

We are not once in a lifetime family, but we definitely have to save for our trips to Disney. We are 10 days out, and I am very disappointed by all these walls. BUT I am even more disappointed in the fact that there are now so muny more walls and closures then they originally made it sound like. Cancelling Dream along with Mickey and Move it shake it street party isn't fair. And now adding the hat removal just adds to the amount of walls that will be there. This is our youngest's first trip to Disney and I would have loved to have her picture with the statue like we do her sisters.
I haven't seen anything about Dream Along and Move It Shake It being cancelled. Have you read about that somewhere?

I agree it could have been a clear box but From what I read it should only be there for about a month.

I don't like seeing it either, I will be there in less than 2 weeks and would love to not see construction but.... it is hard to want to see things change and improve but not see any constructions. So like the PP said Build, build build :)

Does anyone have any word on how this looks with a picture down Main Street? Is it very obvious :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter