1/14/15: Magic Kingdom Hub Construction Update

I will be there Jan 25th and we have a fastpass for wishes and another night
we are doing the desert party. Will there be construction walls in our direct view?

Yes. Guaranteed.
But, they won't BLOCK your view.
You'll just be able to SEE them. (A LOT of them.)

After looking at those pictures, I don't get what everyone's so upset about. I was expecting some big garish orange construction fencing. It's not that big of a deal at all.

The big crane behind the castle is a lot more annoying. That definitely detracts from the view. How much longer is it expected to be there?

No early than the end of this year (whatever that means.)

Construction Permit ends November 2015. If there have not been any major delays, non that I have heard, then I would expect it to be completed in Oct/Nov.

Is there any word on if they plan on putting the character statues back once construction is done?

How about the benches? (I was there for Christmas Week to see the castle lighting and had specifically gotten there early so my elderly parents could find a spot on the benches around the garden area that were there LAST YEAR and... they're gone!)

Just got back yesterday from MK and the hub is of course in full construction mode. The barriers aren't really blocking anything. You see them but they aren't in the way of the fireworks or light show. The stage shows can be blocked at least partially depending on where you are.

The biggest problem is the box surrounding the statue. If you're anywhere near the center part in front of the castle it blocks sooooo much of your view. It's truly ugly. The photopass people are pretty good at covering it up with your body though.

The biggest problem is the congestion right after the fireworks is pretty bad. With less viewing area now, there's more people crammed into smaller areas, which leads to even more trouble getting clear of the hub after the shows are over.

We could see what they're planning on doing, and it's clearly going to help. We just had to keep telling ourselves "it's all for the best" as we would avoid walking through the castle or even smoker's way to the side due to extra congestion.

Just got back yesterday from MK and the hub is of course in full construction mode. The barriers aren't really blocking anything. You see them but they aren't in the way of the fireworks or light show. The stage shows can be blocked at least partially depending on where you are.

The biggest problem is the box surrounding the statue. If you're anywhere near the center part in front of the castle it blocks sooooo much of your view. It's truly ugly. The photopass people are pretty good at covering it up with your body though.

The biggest problem is the congestion right after the fireworks is pretty bad. With less viewing area now, there's more people crammed into smaller areas, which leads to even more trouble getting clear of the hub after the shows are over.

We could see what they're planning on doing, and it's clearly going to help. We just had to keep telling ourselves "it's all for the best" as we would avoid walking through the castle or even smoker's way to the side due to extra congestion.

Any word on when they are going to uncover the Partners statue?

Does anyone know when that crane is expected to be removed from "behind" the castle? I have the worst luck with that when we go.

This is our youngest's first trip to Disney and I would have loved to have her picture with the statue like we do her sisters.

If I recall correctly, there is a similar statue inside the Contemporary lobby. It isn't the same, but might be an alternative, if the statue is still covered when you get there.

The Hub is in transition.

Hub-WDWMagic_Anim_zps8uo2ownl-1.gif

Photo: wdwmagic.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter