•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

:rotfl2:

That's right. Pictures or it didn't happen!

Seriously, though, they have converted what was once Junior Suites to studios, and those rooms are definitely larger than the standard rooms. Sooner or later a picture will emerge!

And DVC actually filed plans for the Alternate studios with the declaration. They exist - just don't know if they let anyone stay in them! lol

Last edited:
:rotfl2:

That's right. Pictures or it didn't happen!

Seriously, though, they have converted what was once Junior Suites to studios, and those rooms are definitely larger than the standard rooms. Sooner or later a picture will emerge!

:rotfl:You're SO right!! And even if there are pictures- how do we know they're real?!!!!! The mystery continues!!!! :dogdance:

Our 2nd room, a 2BR is 6th floor, near middle/end. So we have that closed in balcony, 3 different ones, in the roof line. I prefer the 5th floor balcony.

We moved from a 1 BR to a dedicated 2BR, and I was surprised the refrigerator and washer/dryer were in different locations. More counter space in this unit.

Random observations: I LOVE the hand held and rain shower in both the master bath AND the 2nd BR showers. However the shower doors awkwardly open out into an area with little space near the toilet. The dresser in the 2nd BR is that one with the odd doors (I swear I open every drawer looking for items, daily). Meanwhile, there is a LARGE dresser in the living room under the TV. My husband pointe dout that switching them up would be quite beneficial, to gain much more storage in the 2nd BR, that could be sleeping up to 4 people.

I PERSONALLY think that the end of the hall has better views, basically of either pool, and both are lovely, both give you a view of the water pageant. Odd numbered my favorite, with the geyser and obstructed view of the fireworks. (upper floors, we had 5th floor, last room next to the grand villa. So I think that I got my favorite view on the first try, 1 BR). End of hall is quiet, too, except for the geyser on the odd numbered side.

Will post views when I get home, they are on my cell phone and I have no idea how to post them from there.

Our 2nd room, a 2BR is 6th floor, near middle/end. So we have that closed in balcony, 3 different ones, in the roof line. I prefer the 5th floor balcony.

We moved from a 1 BR to a dedicated 2BR, and I was surprised the refrigerator and washer/dryer were in different locations. More counter space in this unit.

Random observations: I LOVE the hand held and rain shower in both the master bath AND the 2nd BR showers. However the shower doors awkwardly open out into an area with little space near the toilet. The dresser in the 2nd BR is that one with the odd doors (I swear I open every drawer looking for items, daily). Meanwhile, there is a LARGE dresser in the living room under the TV. My husband pointe dout that switching them up would be quite beneficial, to gain much more storage in the 2nd BR, that could be sleeping up to 4 people.

I PERSONALLY think that the end of the hall has better views, basically of either pool, and both are lovely, both give you a view of the water pageant. Odd numbered my favorite, with the geyser and obstructed view of the fireworks. (upper floors, we had 5th floor, last room next to the grand villa. So I think that I got my favorite view on the first try, 1 BR). End of hall is quiet, too, except for the geyser on the odd numbered side.

Will post views when I get home, they are on my cell phone and I have no idea how to post them from there.

The room sounds beautiful!!!!! Can't wait to see your pictures!!! Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

We'll be at the resort tomorrow morning in case anyone wants me to check on something or take pics of something. Breakfast at Geyser Point then walk the Cabins

Last edited:
We'll be at the resort tomorrow morning in case anyone wants me to check on something or take pics of something. Breakfast at Geyser Point then walk the Cabins

Awesome!!! I hope you have a lovely morning!!! Any pictures you'd like to take and share would be great!

Hey everyone
Just to update, I called Member Services and requested 5105 as my 1 bedroom preferred choice
I pinged Touring Plans a quick message as they still have this room listed as 5106 but I haven't heard back yet
Thanks for everyone's help :)

Hey everyone
Just to update, I called Member Services and requested 5105 as my 1 bedroom preferred choice
I pinged Touring Plans a quick message as they still have this room listed as 5106 but I haven't heard back yet

Let us know if you get it!

Hey everyone

We’ll have our fingers crossed for you!!!!

Hey everyone

Here's my story on requesting just a single room number - and it was at WL. It wasn't available as someone else was already in it and as was explained to me by the front desk if there is no more information that indicates why I wanted it then the room assignor just plops you in somewhere. We were assigned the exact opposite of what I was looking for which was the end of the south wing (now CCV GV). Our room - 1st floor tucked back in the corner where the wing jogs out.

So I'd ask MS to do a descriptive request such as "bear face room such as 5105" or something lke that. Or "high floor main courtyard view like 5105" if you want to face the main pool.

We just returned from a trip where we bought our first ever DVC with Copper Creek as our home resort. So excited to stay there, hopefully next December.
Congratulations! Copper Creek had the same effect on us. We just love WL and can't wait to be able to stay there in the main building every year. It sold DVC for us too. Did you get to stay at WL this time or were you visiting from elsewhere? Now the countdown to 11 months from your next trip begins, and before long you'll be making that first DVC reservation. Fortunately hanging out on this thread is a great way to learn more and help pass the time. Congratulations and welcome home.

We just returned from a trip where we bought our first ever DVC with Copper Creek as our home resort. So excited to stay there, hopefully next December.

:welcome:and Congrats!!!!! So happy for you! Isn’t it beautiful?! It’s so relaxing and beautiful. You’ll be very happy there!! Would it be ok if I put you on Page 1 in the Owners Lineup?

*WELCOME HOME!*

Hi Everyone, we spent some time at the Copper Creek Resort yesterday morning and wanted to share our thoughts. Last time we were here, the construction wasn’t finished and only the Geyser Peak B&G was open. Overall, the Wilderness Lodge Resort including CC and BR is beautiful. The lobby is just how it always was, grand, sweeping and magnificent. I didn’t look at any of the DVC rooms in the main building so this account primarily covers the grounds and the Cabin areas. The tours of the Cabins are in the afternoon so we didn’t see the inside of those either.

After arriving, we went straight to the Geyser Peak B&G for breakfast. As reported earlier, the breakfast menu has been cut back and is now minimal. We had scrambled eggs/sausage/hash browns and it was fine, nothing special. I am hoping that their lunch and dinner are still like they were because they were awesome (someone please post a current review with pics). The weather was beautiful which made our brief visit to the Grill really nice. The morning time at the Grill is really quiet and peaceful

After breakfast, we walked over to the new pool which was pretty cool but much smaller than the main pool (which is fine). Then we walked the length sidewalk that takes you to the Cabins toward the Wilderness Campground area (I call this the east side). The landscaping around sidewalk and Cabins is really nice and in years to come will look even better.
upload_2017-10-23_17-29-24.png
I was impressed with the level of detail put into everything such as the sidewalk lighting, the signs for each cabin and the walkway complete with critter tracks. There is a BBQ station about half way down the sidewalk with a single gas grill which is a nice addition for guests staying in the cabins.
upload_2017-10-23_17-32-10.png
The cabins are fairly close together but in time the landscaping will fill in and provide a decent amount of privacy. If there was double the space between the cabins, the furthest cabins would be twice as far away as they are now. The picture below shows a very wide gap between 2 east side cabins, the rest are closer together.upload_2017-10-23_17-34-22.png
The walk from the main building to the furthest east cabin (8026) isn’t too bad unless you have a physical impairment or if it’s raining. The resort rents bicycles so you could do that to get around. I asked and DVC does not offer any transportation from the cabins to the main building. There is a parking lot for the cabins which is much closer than the main building. The farther you get to the east, the more private and reclusive are the Cabins. We walked all the way to 8026 then walked all the way back over to the west group of cabins (8001 – 8012) This group of cabins is much closer to the main building and is situated fairly close to a maintenance parking area serving the Lodge. For some reason, the walkway for this group of cabins is much wider than the east group. The farthest west cabin (8001) has a nice view of the Contemporary Resort, Monorail and I was told that the firework were very visible there. There is a small island in front of these 12 cabins and the boats that go to and from the MK go right in front those cabins. This group of cabins has a really nice BBQ area with covered tables and a double gas grill.

OK so here is my quick summary of the Cabin locations (just my thoughts and opinions) -

8001 – 8012 (west side, closest to the Contemporary Resort)
Good – closer to the main building, nicer BBQ station, has a better view of fireworks and Contemporary Resort, close to the boat dock to MK and Contemporary
Not So Good – not as private, near parking and maintenance areas, longer walk to CC pool and Geyser Point B&G

8013 – 8026 (east side, closest to the Wilderness Campgrounds)
Good – very private and very quiet location especially cabins 8017 – 8026. Close to the CC pool, close to Geyser Point B&G
Not so Good – longer walk to main building. Even longer walk to the boat dock

I am interested in your thoughts and opinions and please keep posting pictures and reviews of the main building rooms. I'll be in a cabin in February and will do a complete review of that stay.

Hi Everyone, we spent some time at the Copper Creek Resort yesterday morning and wanted to share our thoughts. Last time we were here, the construction wasn’t finished and only the Geyser Peak B&G was open. Overall, the Wilderness Lodge Resort including CC and BR is beautiful. The lobby is just how it always was, grand, sweeping and magnificent. I didn’t look at any of the DVC rooms in the main building so this account primarily covers the grounds and the Cabin areas. The tours of the Cabins are in the afternoon so we didn’t see the inside of those either.

After arriving, we went straight to the Geyser Peak B&G for breakfast. As reported earlier, the breakfast menu has been cut back and is now minimal. We had scrambled eggs/sausage/hash browns and it was fine, nothing special. I am hoping that their lunch and dinner are still like they were because they were awesome (someone please post a current review with pics). The weather was beautiful which made our brief visit to the Grill really nice. The morning time at the Grill is really quiet and peaceful

After breakfast, we walked over to the new pool which was pretty cool but much smaller than the main pool (which is fine). Then we walked the length sidewalk that takes you to the Cabins toward the Wilderness Campground area (I call this the east side). The landscaping around sidewalk and Cabins is really nice and in years to come will look even better.
View attachment 278839
I was impressed with the level of detail put into everything such as the sidewalk lighting, the signs for each cabin and the walkway complete with critter tracks. There is a BBQ station about half way down the sidewalk with a single gas grill which is a nice addition for guests staying in the cabins.
View attachment 278843
The cabins are fairly close together but in time the landscaping will fill in and provide a decent amount of privacy. If there was double the space between the cabins, the furthest cabins would be twice as far away as they are now. The picture below shows a very wide gap between 2 east side cabins, the rest are closer together.View attachment 278845
The walk from the main building to the furthest east cabin (8026) isn’t too bad unless you have a physical impairment or if it’s raining. The resort rents bicycles so you could do that to get around. I asked and DVC does not offer any transportation from the cabins to the main building. There is a parking lot for the cabins which is much closer than the main building. The farther you get to the east, the more private and reclusive are the Cabins. We walked all the way to 8026 then walked all the way back over to the west group of cabins (8001 – 8012) This group of cabins is much closer to the main building and is situated fairly close to a maintenance parking area serving the Lodge. For some reason, the walkway for this group of cabins is much wider than the east group. The farthest west cabin (8001) has a nice view of the Contemporary Resort, Monorail and I was told that the firework were very visible there. There is a small island in front of these 12 cabins and the boats that go to and from the MK go right in front those cabins. This group of cabins has a really nice BBQ area with covered tables and a double gas grill.

OK so here is my quick summary of the Cabin locations (just my thoughts and opinions) -

8001 – 8012 (west side, closest to the Contemporary Resort)
Good – closer to the main building, nicer BBQ station, has a better view of fireworks and Contemporary Resort, close to the boat dock to MK and Contemporary
Not So Good – not as private, near parking and maintenance areas, longer walk to CC pool and Geyser Point B&G

8013 – 8026 (east side, closest to the Wilderness Campgrounds)
Good – very private and very quiet location especially cabins 8017 – 8026. Close to the CC pool, close to Geyser Point B&G
Not so Good – longer walk to main building. Even longer walk to the boat dock

I am interested in your thoughts and opinions and please keep posting pictures and reviews of the main building rooms. I'll be in a cabin in February and will do a complete review of that stay.

Thank you so much for sharing the great pics/video and the very helpful information! We appreciate it!!! I cannot wait to spend a lazy afternoon at Geyser Pt! SO beautiful!!!!!

Moving ON to my favorite room!!! Room 5133, a 1BR. This is the last room before a Grand Villa that is on the end. 3 doors lead to one large balcony. Because it is on the end, you can see over the roof across to see the MK fireworks. And the Geyser is right there (it is loud! loved it!) Could see the Electrical Pageant in both rooms, looking to the side. WELL worth the walk down the hall, at least for us!

LEFT:

left.jpg

STRAIGHT:

straight.jpg

RIGHT, SORRY no geyser but nice photo:

right.jpg

GEYSER:

geyser.jpg

NIGHT:

night.jpg

FIREWORKS:

fireworks.jpg

Last edited:
Moving ON to my favorite room!!! Room 5133, a 1BR. This is the last room before a Grand Villa that is on the end. 3 doors lead to one large balcony. Because it is on the end, you can see over the roof across to see the MK fireworks. And the Geyser is right there (it is loud! loved it!) Could see the Electrical Pageant in both rooms, looking to the side. WELL worth the walk down the hall, at least for us!

LEFT:
IMG_5075.jpg
[/URL]

STRAIGHT:
IMG_5073.jpg
[/URL]

RIGHT, SORRY no geyser but nice photo:
IMG_E5041.jpg
[/URL]

GEYSER:
IMG_E5156.jpg
[/URL]

NIGHT:
IMG_E5058.jpg
[/URL]

FIREWORKS:
IMG_5112.jpg
[/URL]

Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous!!!! Thank you SO much for sharing!!! I hope you're having a wonderful time!!!!! Is it ok if I use a couple for Page 1?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter