•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

This is my first time seeing this thread! We own at CCVC (purchased in March 2017 with a December UY) via an add-on to our resale VWL points. We obviously love the resort and are looking forward to our first stay in a cabin in January (we are waitlisted for a Studio for our December trip - fingers crossed!)

:welcome: So happy you found us!!! And Congrats to you!! Hope you get your waitlist!!! It’s frustrating having to wait!!! I’ll get you up on Page 1!!! I hope you enjoy the company here! Everyone is very helpful and so nice!!!

*WELCOME HOME!*

We are just a few weeks away from our first stay in a 1BR at Copper Creek :)
I was thinking about putting in a location request and when looking at the room location maps on page 1, it would appear that the only dedicated one bedrooms are the odd number rooms facing the feature pool/courtyard and that all of the 1BRs facing the new pool are 1BR/Studio lock offs - is that correct?
Would there be a higher noise level with one of the connecting rooms? If so, perhaps requesting one of the odd number rooms facing the courtyard would be best?
Hoping one of you lovely folks can help me out :)
Also (and sorry for yet another question!) the balconies on 6 & 7 are enclosed right?

I was thinking about putting in a location request and when looking at the room location maps on page 1, it would appear that the only dedicated one bedrooms are the odd number rooms facing the feature pool/courtyard and that all of the 1BRs facing the new pool are 1BR/Studio lock offs - is that correct?
Would there be a higher noise level with one of the connecting rooms? If so, perhaps requesting one of the odd number rooms facing the courtyard would be best?

We have stayed in lock-offs many times and haven't had issues with noise coming through the doors. We've had noisy neighbors a few times in dedicated villas and if someone is noisy enough, it will go through the walls. So I can't promise a noise free villa, but the lock-off doesn't make for a noisy villa in and of itself.

Also (and sorry for yet another question!) the balconies on 6 & 7 are enclosed right?

I think only the top floor balconies are enclosed, per this picture off TripAdvisor:

WL wing.jpg

I agree with your assessment of the 1 bedroom non-lockoff situation. I hadn't thought much about 1 bedrooms and requesting lockoff or non, because the 1 bedroom portion of the room is identical. I understand the concern about noise through the door, but I agree with @Granny that the doors probably don't make much difference.
If you do request and get a dedicated 1 bedroom, your main options are an x106 room that overlooks the new Boulder Ridge pool courtyard, but is actually pretty far from the pool and more above the BRV courtyard, an x107 room that overlooks the main courtyard up near the top of the waterfall, or an x133 room which is all the way at the end of the hall and would overlook the Geyser and East end of the pool area, and perhaps have a better view of Bay lake.
My personal choice for a 1 bedroom would be room 4105 or 5105, since they have doors that open to the lobby and balconies that face Bay Lake. These are referred to as "Bear Face" rooms on the WL FAQ thread because their windows contribute to what looks like the face of a bear when viewing the resort from Bay Lake. Since there's only two of them though, they could be hard to get.
Like @Granny showed, the top floor on any section of the resort has the enclosed balconies. For the eastern most part of the wings (beyond the bend in the wings, closest to Bay Lake) this is the sixth floor, so rooms 6120 to 6135 have enclosed balconies. The rest of the 6th floor balconies are open, but all of the balconies on the 7th floor are enclosed.

Thanks so much for the replies @Granny and @GrandCalifornian this is really useful information. I like the idea of a balcony with a partial view of the lake at least.
4105 or 5105 sound really nice. We've always stayed in BRV perviously, where we own, so it would be fun to stay right off the lobby

it would be fun to stay right off the lobby
I agree 100%. That's what is so unique about the CCV Resort. You can stay in a studio, 1BR, 2BR or 3BR right off the lobby of the one and only WILDERNESS LODGE! What other DVC resort has this? Only AKV and there are very few units and only studios and 1BR's. All DVC resorts have there good points and I enjoy all of them but there is something special about the Wilderness Lodge Lobby

@GrandCalifornian is it this room highlighted in red the one that you are talking about as being a 'bear face' room?
Touring plans have it as room number 5106 but it looks to be the same locationScreen Shot 2017-10-20 at 11.25.00.png

Welcome!!! Hope you have a wonderful time!!!
Joining in! I love everything Wilderness Lodge and love staying there. We're hoping to try the Copper Creek studios in June of '18 if they are not totally booked up before then!
I agree 100%. That's what is so unique about the CCV Resort. You can stay in a studio, 1BR, 2BR or 3BR right off the lobby of the one and only WILDERNESS LODGE! What other DVC resort has this? Only AKV and there are very few units and only studios and 1BR's. All DVC resorts have there good points and I enjoy all of them but there is something special about the Wilderness Lodge Lobby

Couldn’t agree more!!! SO beautiful!!! :cloud9:

Hello! Congratulations on your upcoming CCV stay. You have read the map correctly as we understand it. Remember that you might be able to get a studio room that is part of a 2 bedroom lockoff, as indicated by the dashed lines. With your limitation of not wanting an enclosed balcony (which means you don't want to be on the top floor in any section), my choice would be room 4103 or 5103, which you could request with "4th or 5th floor" and "open to lobby". These are considered "bear face rooms" and have great views, despite being further from the lake. They open to the lobby on the door side though, so you can get some noise from WCC and since there are only two of them in CCV they can be hard to get. Besides those, you would probably do well with an x119, x122, or x123 room, since they are on the North side of the wing and will have a better view of Bay lake. Another good option is an alternate studio lockoff like x115. These will have the best lake view, as their balconies face East towards the lake and they are further from having the rest of the wing blocking your view.
If you were not concerned about having an enclosed balcony, room 6135 would be a nice option since it is very near the lake above Geyser point. Any time you are requesting a single room though your chances of having your request met are pretty slim, and there isn't another studio in the general area. I would emphasize high floor as my first request, and then consider additional location options. Happy planning and have a great trip.

Does anyone know which of the studios are walk-in shower and which are tubs? Are all lock-offs tubs? Or are all separate studios tubs? I want to request specific rooms like the ones suggested here, but I have booked a walk in shower so I need to make sure that I am requesting studios with a walk in shower.

I also want to try to get s non-lockoff studio b/c of possible noise issues (similar to another poster recently). I was at Kidani last week in a lock-off and we could hear our neighbors very easily.

Thanks! I'm excited for my stay in May

@GrandCalifornian is it this room highlighted in red the one that you are talking about as being a 'bear face' room?
Touring plans have it as room number 5106 but it looks to be the same locationView attachment 278203
Yes, those are the bear face rooms. I have a picture that I will upload showing the room numbers as 4105 and 5105. I’m surprised that Touring Plans got the location right but not the room number. The cool thing about those rooms is that they are courtyard view but still open to the lobby.
79EBBA15-0A73-4334-8EC5-773AABDADCDB.jpeg

Does anyone know which of the studios are walk-in shower and which are tubs? Are all lock-offs tubs? Or are all separate studios tubs? I want to request specific rooms like the ones suggested here, but I have booked a walk in shower so I need to make sure that I am requesting studios with a walk in shower.

I also want to try to get s non-lockoff studio b/c of possible noise issues (similar to another poster recently). I was at Kidani last week in a lock-off and we could hear our neighbors very easily.

Unfortunately we don’t yet seem to know much about where the tub studios are located. I have seen that there are 41 studios with walk in showers and 37 with tubs. This is close to the 36 lockoff and 42 dedicated studio split, but we have seen a shower in a lockoff in the model room. (Room 2123). I would also suspect that many of the first floor studios remained with tubs since it seems less work was done reconfiguring those rooms.
As always with requests and room options you have to decide what is most important to you, because it might not be possible to meet all of the criteria for your trip. The tub vs shower is guaranteed since they are separate bookable categories, but we just don’t know what that leaves left for location options. Over time we’ll learn more as people post about their rooms here.
You should have a great trip and a fun time planning it. Congratulations on getting to stay at Copper Creek.

Last edited:

What would help with that is if someone is willing to keep the list and anyone staying in a room report if it has a tub or a shower. There's been relatively few reports of rooms showing up.

I'm still trying to figure out whether alternate studios have tub or tub/shower. I think it's tub/shower, but not sure. And to see a picture of one! (Just out of curiosity.)

I'm still trying to figure out whether alternate studios have tub or tub/shower. I think it's tub/shower, but not sure. And to see a picture of one! (Just out of curiosity.)
I have also read on threads that they have tubs. I second your picture request because I sure would like to see what they look like inside.

I read somewhere it has a tub!
A few threads have mentioned that alternate studios have tubs are only available with a tub studio reservation. Here's one, and here's another. I haven't found a direct source for this, but I think it is a safe assumption for now. Pics will be great though...

I have also read on threads that they have tubs. I second your picture request because I sure would like to see what they look like inside.

A few threads have mentioned that alternate studios have tubs are only available with a tub studio reservation. Here's one, and here's another. I haven't found a direct source for this, but I think it is a safe assumption for now. Pics will be great though...

This whole room category could also be an urban legend... like Big Foot!!!!!! LOL

Another rumor I saw elsewhere on these boards was that the mattress on the regular beds are memory foam. Can anyone confirm/deny? It's not a huge deal but I'm used to one now so it would be great if that was true.

This whole room category could also be an urban legend... like Big Foot!!!!!! LOL

:rotfl2:

That's right. Pictures or it didn't happen!

Seriously, though, they have converted what were once Junior Suites to studios, and those rooms are definitely larger than the standard rooms. Sooner or later a picture will emerge!

Last edited:
Another rumor I saw elsewhere on these boards was that the mattress on the regular beds are memory foam. Can anyone confirm/deny? It's not a huge deal but I'm used to one now so it would be great if that was true.

Oooh, I haven't heard that. I would love it! Hope it's true!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!