•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

We just signed our paperwork today for CCV. First-time DVC members and we are super excited. We had no idea we'd end up buying this trip...assumed we were at least a year away from buying. Super excited to get to know our fellow owners. We love the lodge.
Yes, congrats on your purchase. When are you looking to stay?

New CCV owners here too!!!! We attended the grand opening entertainment/tours back in July, but weren't quite ready to pull the trigger then. Bought Guaranteed week 50 for a studio (118 pts). Dec use year; so got 16 and will get 17 pts soon! One curious thing to note that I hadn't heard before - if you buy a fixed week for a studio, you are deeded a guarantee for a dedicated shower studio only. Our guide said we could obviously request a tub if needed, but deed def says shower. Learn something new every day :)

New CCV owners here too!!!! We attended the grand opening entertainment/tours back in July, but weren't quite ready to pull the trigger then. Bought Guaranteed week 50 for a studio (118 pts). Dec use year; so got 16 and will get 17 pts soon! One curious thing to note that I hadn't heard before - if you buy a fixed week for a studio, you are deeded a guarantee for a dedicated shower studio only. Our guide said we could obviously request a tub if needed, but deed def says shower. Learn something new every day :)

Congrats! pixiedust: That holiday guaranteed week studio may well be gold! No better place for the holidays than Wilderness Lodge.

Here's a guaranteed week tip from someone who recently learned the hard way: If you don't want to use your guaranteed week for the coming year, make sure to call and cancel the auto reservation before the 1 year prior point, when the auto-reservation happens. I got lazy this year for our guaranteed week (week 43 at the Poly), thinking I'd just cancel it online without having to call (because I hate to call), but found that they take the extra points in a separate transaction. So if I cancel/reschedule that 2018 reservation now, I'm still out the points upcharge. I should have known that, and maybe you already know it, but I thought I'd share my mistake in case it helps someone else. I'll spend a few minutes to make the phone call from now on! :laughing:

I'll admit that it is very nice to get a "welcome home" email and guaranteed booking 1 year out, especially during the busiest DVC season.

Last edited:
Congrats! pixiedust: That holiday guaranteed week studio may well be gold! No better place for the holidays than Wilderness Lodge.

Here's a guaranteed week tip from someone who learned the hard way: If you don't want to use your guaranteed week for the coming year, make sure to call and cancel the auto reservation before the 1 year prior point, when the auto-reservation happens. I got lazy this year for our guaranteed week (week 43 at the Poly), thinking I'd just cancel it online without having to call (because I hate to call), but found that they take the extra points in a separate transaction. So if I cancel/reschedule that 2018 reservation now, I'm still out the 10% upcharge. I should have know that, and maybe you already know it, but I thought I'd share my mistake in case it helps anyone else. I'll make the darn call from now on! :laughing:

Did you pull out your paperwork and read thru the fixed week rules? I am not an expert in guaranteed weeks but have read thru the info on them when it first came out. All documents indicated that every point would be returned if you cancelled and the normal cancellation rules appeared to apply - ie, if you cancel 31 days or more from check in then all points would be returned. If I were you I would contact MS and ask for a supervisor or send an email to MS guest services.

Did you pull out your paperwork and read thru the fixed week rules? I am not an expert in guaranteed weeks but have read thru the info on them when it first came out. All documents indicated that every point would be returned if you cancelled and the normal cancellation rules appeared to apply - ie, if you cancel 31 days or more from check in then all points would be returned. If I were you I would contact MS and ask for a supervisor or send an email to MS guest services.

Thanks Kat, good to know! Good advice, as always. I actually haven't decided when I want to go next fall/winter, and might keep that week as it includes the Wine and Dine marathon in 2018. I'm loving the reports I've seen of this year's race. I'll figure it out soon (decide when I want to go, check booking trends if I decide to go that week), and will report back what happens if I do cancel.

Last edited:

:welcome: and Congrats!!! Happy you found us! This group is awesome!! Extremely helpful and so nice! I’m sure you’ll fit in great!
We were able to get 2016 points too, which was great! We had no idea that was even possible! When is your first trip planned?!
I’ll be sure to get you up on Page 1!

*WELCOME HOME!*

Have any CCV owners looked at what the dues are projected to be for next year? I'm curious how it compares to BRV.

Have any CCV owners looked at what the dues are projected to be for next year? I'm curious how it compares to BRV.

I’m still waiting to hear if our dues will go down! I read we should know by the end of November, so I’m hopeful!!

I’m still waiting to hear if our dues will go down! I read we should know by the end of November, so I’m hopeful!!

They've been released for virtually all the resorts - I just haven't seen CCV posted yet.

Ah - just saw the CCV dues posted elsewhere $7.2625/pt so a small decrease. And there may be more reflected no the actual dues bill if there is a rebate for actual 2017 Ad Valorem which I think there should be.

We have an upcoming trip and I booked a lock-off two bedroom with walk in shower for the studios. Does anyone have any room numbers of the studios with walk in showers? Just trying to see where our room may be.

Thanks

Ah - just saw the CCV dues posted elsewhere $7.2625/pt so a small decrease. And there may be more reflected no the actual dues bill if there is a rebate for actual 2017 Ad Valorem which I think there should be.

There should still be a refund for the overpaid 2017 taxes in the actual bills. DH figures it will be around $100 for the 65 points we own. Now we purchased before July 2017 so we will be entitled to a full refund. But if you purchased after July 17, 2017 you only will receive a prorated credit as DVD gets the credit for January through July 16, 2017.

:welcome: and Congrats!!! Happy you found us! This group is awesome!! Extremely helpful and so nice! I’m sure you’ll fit in great!
We were able to get 2016 points too, which was great! We had no idea that was even possible! When is your first trip planned?!
I’ll be sure to get you up on Page 1!

*WELCOME HOME!*

Thanks!!! Don't think we will be making a Copper Creek trip until New Year's/early January of next year, but can't wait! Debating on an longer trip in a 1 bedroom vs split 1-2 studio and 1-2 cabin days. Worth the point splurge? The hot tub/screened patio looked fantastic.

Here now in 8023... if any one has any questions fire away.. couple things I’ve noticed
1) it’s a bit of a walk, but not too bad..
2) the entry light at the front door attract more than a few winged insects.. makes opening the front door interesting..
3) pretty decent view of the fireworks from here
4) these cabins are gorgeous!

Thanks!!! Don't think we will be making a Copper Creek trip until New Year's/early January of next year, but can't wait! Debating on an longer trip in a 1 bedroom vs split 1-2 studio and 1-2 cabin days. Worth the point splurge? The hot tub/screened patio looked fantastic.

Humm... I personally would rather a longer trip than a bigger room. We're mostly in the parks, so the extra room wouldn't be a necessity. Unless you plan on hanging at the resort, then I'd definitely go the other way! Good luck deciding!!!

Here now in 8023... if any one has any questions fire away.. couple things I’ve noticed
1) it’s a bit of a walk, but not too bad..
2) the entry light at the front door attract more than a few winged insects.. makes opening the front door interesting..
3) pretty decent view of the fireworks from here
4) these cabins are gorgeous!

Hope you're having a great time!! Would you please share a picture of the fireworks from your room so I can post it to Page 1?! That would be great!! Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay!

Guys, I'm now ONE WEEK away from Disney!!! I can't believe it's almost here!! I'm getting extremely excited!! I'm going to try to get to CCV to take the "Owners tour" of the rooms! I can't wait to see everything completed at the resort!!! I'll try to get some pictures to share!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter