• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we did After Hours, they didn't even kick people out of the park for not having a lanyard. They weren't allowed in ride lines, but we still saw people walking around trying to get on rides only to be turned away. I think that extra hour given for the Halloween parties to get people out of the park will be nice.
Speaking of DAH, there was a change in procedure this year where they were't letting the event guests in early like they used to. Has there been any chatter about that happening with MNSSHP?

@Cluelyss did you attend the Christmas party last year? Were there issues with FP's like we had with MNSSHP? And at the MVMCP they closed the park at 6pm, you were allowed in at 4pm did MK feel less crowded? Did you feel it was easier to find parade spots?

For anyone who attend last year, please feel free to chime in.
Yes, we did MVMCP last year. I didn’t have any FP issues, but yes, they were reported by others. Can’t report on the “feel” around 6 as we were at dinner then.

No idea if the 6 pm close is the reason, but we attended on a sold out night (the last party to be exact) and I would have never guessed it was sold out if I didn’t know it was. Character lines were quite short and I walked up to a curb side parade spot moments before it started. But maybe we were just lucky.

@monique5 i know you did 2 parties last year, how did your other party compare?

Yes, we did MVMCP last year. We attended on a sold out night (the last party to be exact). Character lines were quite short and I walked up to a curb side parade spot moments before it started. But maybe we were just lucky.

Well this is good news! @Haley R maybe Moana or the Dwarfs are doable later in the evening.

UGH!!! One more time :crazy2: AGAIN, I am so sorry for this you guys! Dwarfs are in the YELLOW tent. :duck::rolleyes1

Hehehe

I was wondering what they did with the tent when not using it for meets so I went on google maps street view.....I'm guessing they put seating here but it just looks a little unloved
:sad2:

yellowtent.jpg

I will also note that most of these opps are available elsewhere in the park throughout the night, so they’re not exclusive to the bypass. For example, they have the frame over by LM and the bulb in the plaza garden.

Oooh I never noticed the bulb thing.

I was just about to confirm if these were offered in other locations. Disney is very... um, what's the word... nondescript with these little gems. Not sure why. :confused3

I never saw any props during the waiting for the parade on the first night but I had two the second time because they went up and down the crowd.

When we did After Hours, they didn't even kick people out of the park for not having a lanyard. They weren't allowed in ride lines, but we still saw people walking around trying to get on rides only to be turned away. I think that extra hour given for the Halloween parties to get people out of the park will be nice.

I believe they are allowed to shop and dine. During the MNSSHP non party guests are not allowed to purchase Party Exclusive Merchandise but they are allowed to purchase Halloween items. Last year shops closed at 7pm for non party guests and you were checked for wristbands at the door.

I believe they are allowed to shop and dine. During the MNSSHP non party guests are not allowed to purchase Party Exclusive Merchandise but they are allowed to purchase Halloween items. Last year shops closed at 7pm for non party guests and you were checked for wristbands at the door.
Okay that makes sense. I think the Halloween party does it better because without rides AND shops they will most likely leave the park.

Okay that makes sense. I think the Halloween party does it better because without rides AND shops they will most likely leave the park.

:laughing: so you think! Umm... not necessarily. Non party guests actually attend the MNSSHP parades, Hocus Pocus and HalloWishes! A few years ago it was reported here on the Halloween thread about DISers seeing a lot of guests without wristbands. Disney didn't listen. Then during the Media MNSSHP the cat was out of the bag, bloggers wrote of their dismay. It was crazy packed and they not only reported what they saw but took photos and posted about their experience. Disney listened. They now have a system in place but how well it works is questionable at best. Last year some DISers still reported seeing these violators.

It is getting better. Just don't be surprised if you see them. You do have the option of reporting them to a CM. ::yes::

Sept 16th / Me and DH

Sunday, Sept 16th / Me and DH
3:30-4:10 Main Street bypass
4:10-4:20 SotMK card
4:20-5:15 Skipper Canteen ADR @ 4:30 - I think you'll be too full to eat desserts immediately after.
5:15-6:30 :) Also just wandering/enjoying the atmosphere
6:30-7:15 Tarzan, Jane & Terk - They sign autographs so allow for more time.
7:20-8:30 Haunted Mansion & Cemetary Watchman photo prop - This is located by the exit, we didn't experience a long wait for it either.
8:30-9:15 Dancing Ghosts Magic Shot on Main Street
9:20-10:30 10:15-Hallowishes at the hub - Left of the Castle
10:45-11:30 11:15-Parade at Frontierland
11:30-11:50 Trick of Treat - Going towards Main Street
11:50-12am Headless Horseman Magic Shot - In front of MK entrance.

Please update your post. If I hear of anything that might impact your itinerary I'll contact you. :thanks:

EDIT: Trick or Treat locations in Adventureland
  • Pirates of the Caribbean queue - Bonus Location
  • Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room - Bonus Location
  • Jungle Cruise

Last edited:
I am going through the itineraries that I posted on the MAIN page, if you have received recommendations please update your post with them.

Currently I'm waiting on @SgtTibbs with his arrival time at MK for the party.

@HollyMD please update your post via recommendations given here: Post #65 (just copy & paste).

October 8, Monday, Columbus Day DH, DW

I'm such a loser! I need to change my party date. :( I'm sorry! Please change my date to Oct 8 for MNSSHP
No worries & a quick fix and no, you're not a loser! :hug:

I have you confirmed for Monday, Oct 8 / DH & DW
I understand you'll be attending MK earlier in the day but we start our itinerary at 3:30/3:45, so let's begin.

Planning on a late lunch ADR at either BOG or Skipper's Canteen - Hopefully you'll be done before 3:30 and I recommend Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn. I understand it's not a fancy meal but it's right by the wristband location.

3:30-4:10 Pick up Wristband @ Tortuga Tavern - Each guest MUST pick up their own wristbands, CM's will put them on your right wrist.
4:10-5:30 Jack and Sally - Came out at 5:20 last year
5:30-6:30 Snacks and rides - You have time for one FP ride together & a photo, do these close by your next meet & greet, schedule FP between 5-6pm. Also note Mad Tea Party is usually a walk-on at this time.
6:30-7:15 Queen of Hearts & Tweedles
7:20-7:40 Pirate Goofy
7:40-8:00 HM Grave Diggers @ Adventureland is there usually a line? - None Reported, see map: BLUE Circle
8:00-8:30 You need to fill in, trick or treat, photo, ride
8:30-9:30 Boo to You Parade 9:15 @ Adventureland See map: Stay opposite of Grave Diggers. The YELLOW arrows indicate thoroughfares allowing you to leave the parade location quickly and head out towards Casey's.
9:30-10:30 HalloWishes @ Casey's
10:30-11:10 Hocus Pocus 10:45 @ Partners Statue
11pm Headless Horseman Magic Shot @ Front of Park Entrance
exit park

MAPS:
upload_2018-4-4_17-39-10.png

Headless Horseman Magic Shot @ Front of Park Entrance
upload_2018-4-4_17-48-11.png

Please update your post! Thank you :D

I've actually seen CM's walk by and tell guests that they couldn't line up without the wristbands. I think it's their way of preventing non party guests from lining up in the queue. And yes, they do check for them when they put up the ropes as well as closer to the arrival of the character. Some non party guests play dumb or don't understand english when they're confronted.

I have seen that also. Last year we got in line for Jack and Sally at 3:40 and were third or fourth in line. As soon as it hit 4, I went to get my wristband and when I came back DBF went to get his. CMs came through prob around 4:30 to start setting up the ropes and check wristbands.

@Cluelyss did you attend the Christmas party last year? Were there issues with FP's like we had with MNSSHP? And at the MVMCP they closed the park at 6pm, you were allowed in at 4pm did MK feel less crowded? Did you feel it was easier to find parade spots?

For anyone who attend last year, please feel free to chime in.

I attended MVMCP on 12/15 last year with a friend of mine. I made 3 FP's, entered the park at 4pm, got our wristbands, and did all 3 of the mountains for our FP's. I did take a pic as we were heading into Storybook Circus area at 6:05 as the time stamp. All you see are swarms of people leaving behind me. The worst wait for rides was at 7DMT. Largely because the posted wait time on the app at one point was 20 minutes, so everyone rushed over and the CM had to tell everyone it was actually an hour. I felt it was less crowded as we were hitting 7pm, and I had been to the MVMCP in 2016 so had a decent comparison. During the first parade we met Jack (only took 20 minutes.) We were able to get a 2nd row standing spot on Main Street for the second parade about 5-10 minutes before it started.

I attended MVMCP on 12/15 last year with a friend of mine. I made 3 FP's, entered the park at 4pm, got our wristbands, and did all 3 of the mountains for our FP's. I did take a pic as we were heading into Storybook Circus area at 6:05 as the time stamp. All you see are swarms of people leaving behind me. The worst wait for rides was at 7DMT. Largely because the posted wait time on the app at one point was 20 minutes, so everyone rushed over and the CM had to tell everyone it was actually an hour. I felt it was less crowded as we were hitting 7pm, and I had been to the MVMCP in 2016 so had a decent comparison. During the first parade we met Jack (only took 20 minutes.) We were able to get a 2nd row standing spot on Main Street for the second parade about 5-10 minutes before it started.

Pandora's box... Were all three of your FP's made on your party ticket? Did you have your park tickets and party tickets on the same account?
Years ago I made a comment about the app "It's about as reliable as ..." mixed reviews on that. To me you have to see the crowds to believe. I've been to BTM when the posted wait time at the attraction was 45 minutes and we walked up just missing the boarding process. It's not a 45 minute ride.
Yes, there are certain rides that are just so crazy busy especially when non party guests are still in the parks. Even with FP's you might end up waiting a bit.

:worship:Thanks for your post. I was wondering how things will change for MNSSHP as we move to a 6pm closing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter