“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cluelyss did you attend the Christmas party last year? Were there issues with FP's like we had with MNSSHP? And at the MVMCP they closed the park at 6pm, you were allowed in at 4pm did MK feel less crowded? Did you feel it was easier to find parade spots?

For anyone who attend last year, please feel free to chime in.
We did!!!! It was FANTASTIC!! Of course a little crazy when you go in right at 4 and everyone trying to get their wristbands... but overall it was a breeze! We had a sold out party and it was unreal... lines were short for everything!
I made two FP+ and had no trouble at all from those!

I'm must admit, I'm kinda happy about the park closing at 6pm instead of 7pm.
I seriously loved it! We were about to go on Splash at 6:30ish and two very young teen girls came up and the CM asked to see their bands... they didn’t have any and were not allowed on and she kindly asked them to make their way to the front to exit. I had a feeling they stayed around a while though! Ha!

:crutches:Are you Medically prepared for your WDW trip?

Lately I’ve read posts where people admit they don’t carry their Driver’s License which makes me wonder if they bother to carry their Medical Insurance Cards. In earnest you should be caring both especially if you have children and/or a medical condition.

When planning our vacation no matter where we travel I make sure we are seen by our physicians and are up to-date with vaccines and medication at least two weeks to our departure. Our physicians provide a print out of our Shot/Vaccine Record for us to take home and for each person I make a list of medications they are taking, dose amount and what it’s for along with any known allergies and print them out. I also research where the closest hospitals and Urgent Care facilities are located and all this information is kept in my Travel Binder. Why? Because anything can happen.

“We love Disney and have gone 7 times. Our last trip, one of our kids got a stomach virus and eventually need to go an Emergency room for IV treatments. The Urgent care centers do NOT do IV's. The paramedics on Disney's Property told us they did. The Emergency room/Hospital closest to WDW is Celebration Hospital (the hospital Disney tells you to go to). This hospital does NOT have a pediatrician to read any child's labs so most all kids are sent by ambulance to Florida Children's Hospital. That is a $90 cab ride one way. Just be aware before you spend hours waiting around at places that can't take care of your kids.” Dated June 9, 2010
Source:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUse...32037-Walt_Disney_World-Orlando_Florida.html#

UDPDATE: I called Celebration Hospital on April 4, 2018 and was told "Pediatricians are on-call only" so what was written eight years ago is true.

Did you know? “I’ve read online that calling 911 from any land line on property will get you directly to the Reedy Creek dispatch. However, calling from a cell phone does not guarantee that and you may get an off property operator. In that case, you should specify that you are on Walt Disney World property to get patched over to Reedy Creek.” Dated August 15, 2013
Source:

https://www.adventuresinfamilyhood.com/2013/08/how-to-handle-medical-emergencies-at.html

UDPDATE: I called WDW Resort Guest Services on April 4, 2018 and was told "When you call 911 on your cell you are in fact talking to the 911 Dispatcher and WDW recommends you tell them what park you're in and your exact location and Reedy Creek Fire and Rescue will be moments away.

The information below is current as of April 4, 2018:

Celebration Hospital

400 Celebration Place
Celebration, FL 34747
Phone: (407) 303-4000
Distance from WDW: 10 miles +/- your location.

Florida Hospital for Children
601 East Rollins Street
Orlando, FL 32803
Phone: (407) 303-KIDS
Distance from WDW: 24 miles +/- your location.

When I say "Have a Safe Trip!” I mean it :flower3:

Please update your post! Thank you :D
Oh my, what great information! I've updated my original post with a snag in the plan! :sad2: dh thinks we should skip J&S and opt for 7 Dwarfs instead. Now I'm wondering what this does to my plan. Of course, I told him I may or may not take his opinions into consideration. lol! He rarely offers opinions though, so I do like to make him think they matter o_O

Oh my, what great information! I've updated my original post with a snag in the plan! :sad2: dh thinks we should skip J&S and opt for 7 Dwarfs instead. Now I'm wondering what this does to my plan. Of course, I told him I may or may not take his opinions into consideration. lol! He rarely offers opinions though, so I do like to make him think they matter o_O

Yes, it will but since your party is on a Monday you can add them later in the evening
10:30-11:10 Hocus Pocus 10:45 @ Partners Statue
11:15-11:45 or 11:50 Seven Dwarfs - so right after Hocus Pocus run to their location!
12pm Headless Horseman Magic Shot @ Front of Park Entrance - and you'll still have time for this Magic Shot!
exit park

Thursday, October 25 / DH & DW

Thursday, October 25 / DH & DW / Prefer not to be separated for rides
3:30-4:15 MK party entrance-get wristbands at bypass
4:20-4:35 FP 7DMT - schedule for 4-5pm - this looks tight.
4:40-6:40 Seven Dwarfs in Storybook Circus - YELLOW Tent, came out last year 6:15/6:20
6:45-7:15 Queen of Hearts & Tweedles in Fantasyland
7:20-
  • See cruella de vil in storybook circus
  • Grab dinner at a QS restaurant in the area
  • Go to Tomorrowland for Lots-o’-Huggin’ Bear
  • Watch Monsters Scream-O-Ween Ball (from 7pm-12 am)
  • Trick or Treat, shop in stores on Main Street
  • Get spot for parade on Main Street (11:15 pm)
Halloween Helpers please chime in! Timing seems tight but I know the long lines for Seven Dwarfs. I think Queen of Hearts looks good, but will Cruella fit in afterwards?

Pandora's box... Were all three of your FP's made on your party ticket? Did you have your park tickets and party tickets on the same account?
Years ago I made a comment about the app "It's about as reliable as ..." mixed reviews on that. To me you have to see the crowds to believe. I've been to BTM when the posted wait time at the attraction was 45 minutes and we walked up just missing the boarding process. It's not a 45 minute ride.
Yes, there are certain rides that are just so crazy busy especially when non party guests are still in the parks. Even with FP's you might end up waiting a bit.

:worship:Thanks for your post. I was wondering how things will change for MNSSHP as we move to a 6pm closing time.

Yes, they were made on my party ticket. We only did the MVMCP and stayed at POR for the night, then the next day left in the afternoon so there is no way the FP's could have been booked on a real park ticket.
The app wait times were grossly off. I'm inclined to think it's another way Disney manages crowds.

Sunday, Sept 16th / Me and DH
3:30-4:10 Main Street bypass
4:10-4:20 SotMK card
4:20-5:15 Skipper Canteen ADR @ 4:30 - I think you'll be too full to eat desserts immediately after.
5:15-6:30 :) Also just wandering/enjoying the atmosphere
6:30-7:15 Tarzan, Jane & Terk - They sign autographs so allow for more time.
7:20-8:30 Haunted Mansion & Cemetary Watchman photo prop - This is located by the exit, we didn't experience a long wait for it either.
8:30-9:15 Dancing Ghosts Magic Shot on Main Street
9:20-10:30 10:15-Hallowishes at the hub - Left of the Castle
10:45-11:30 11:15-Parade at Frontierland
11:30-11:50 Trick of Treat - Going towards Main Street
11:50-12am Headless Horseman Magic Shot - In front of MK entrance.

Please update your post. If I hear of anything that might impact your itinerary I'll contact you. :thanks:

Updated--thank you! :)

Question, how would the lines be for Pooh and gang during the first parade?

You're all over the place aren't you! If the first parade starts at 9:15 maybe an hour +/-. When you ask questions you really should include your party date, it makes a big difference. :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter