• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the only MNSSHP we attended was in 2015 and we were already in the park that day. I got our party bands right at the appointed time and off we went to get in line for Jack and Sally. Am I understanding you correctly when you say that there are things going on in the line to get into MK park for the party? Since we moved our party date to the 8th we plan to be in EPCOT that morning and head over to MK later on. Is it better to get to MK around 3pm or just get inside using our hoppers (and my AP)? When I called to get our party tickets I was a little surprised in the price (as it certainly went UP)! I'm not sure what my AP discount was. What is the retail price of party tickets this year?

If you're going to the party I really recommend focusing on MK rather than park hopping. The rides at MK on a party day are not crazy long. Yes, the bypass offers special photo opps and merchandise in carts. You will be able to pick up wristbands, treat bags and a prepacked treat.

upload_2018-4-3_18-4-48.png

upload_2018-4-3_18-2-51.png

@ksromack MNSSHP Price list:

Advanced Purchase Pricing
August 28 and September 3, 9, 11, 16, 18, 23: $75 Adult / $70 Child (Ages 3-9)
August 17, 24 & 31 and September 7, 14, 21 & 25: $79 Adult / $74 Child
September 28 & 30 and October 2 & 4: $89 Adult / $84 Child
October 8, 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23 & 25: $99 Adult / $94 Child
October 5, 12, 19, 26, 28 & 30: $119 Adult / $114 Child
October 31: $125 Adult / $120 Child

Same Day Purchase Pricing

August 28 and September 3, 9, 11, 16, 18, 23: $85 Adult / $80 Child (Ages 3-9)
August 17, 24 & 31 and September 7, 14, 21 & 25: $89 Adult / $84 Child
September 28 & 30 and October 2 & 4: $99 Adult / $94 Child
October 8, 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23 & 25: $109 Adult / $104 Child
October 5, 12, 19, 26, 28 & 30: $119 Adult / $114 Child

Annual Passholder & Disney Vacation Club Pricing
August 17, 24 & 31 and September 7, 14, 21 & 25: $74 Adult / $69 Child
August 28; September 3, 9, 11, 16, 18 & 23: $70 Adult / $65 Child
September 28 & 30 and October 2 & 4: $84 Adult / $79 Child
October 8, 9, 11, 14, 16, 21 & 23: $94 Adult / $89 Child

Not wrong at all! It was a huge deal! So happy to see you posting here again!
I’ve been away for a bit... due to a sick kiddo and two very sick pets. Then registering our son for kindergarten! It has been crazy around my house! Hopefully things will start calming down now!

I’ve been away for a bit... due to a sick kiddo and two very sick pets. Then registering our son for kindergarten! It has been crazy around my house! Hopefully things will start calming down now!

Are you going to be Super Mom and bake cookies and host parties? I did that, oh... so much fun!!! I even made games for kids to play by hand. So many cute things for them to take home. This was my favorite project I had the kids do:
upload_2018-4-3_18-21-17.png

Easy!

Are you going to be Super Mom and bake cookies and host parties? I did that, oh... so much fun!!! I even made games for kids to play by hand. So many cute things for them to take home. This was my favorite project I had the kids do:
View attachment 313723

Easy!

I’m already that mom and he is only in preK!! :rotfl2: Total Pinterest Mom!!!!!!! Haha! I can only imagine how crazy I’ll be when “big school” starts! Just hope we aren’t kicked out for keeping him out 7 days for Disney!! Lol our trip is two weeks after school starts so hopefully they won’t be learning too much yet!! Haha!

Yes, the bypass offers special photo opps and merchandise in carts. You will be able to pick up wristbands, treat bags and a prepacked treat.

View attachment 313702

View attachment 313701
Last year was my first MNSSHP. I don’t remember the specific details, but I know we got there a little earlier (APs), took some photos in front of the train station, at some point got our wristbands, and then found our way to get on line for Jack and Sally. We didn’t go through the bypass, but while waiting on line we saw people with Trick-or-Treat bags and we didn’t have them, so my mom left to go get one for each of us. She didn’t get them from the bypass, but they did have the prepacked treats in them already.

If you can get the wristbands, trick-or-treat bags with prepacked treats, and merchandise inside the park, would the photo opps be the only other reason to go through the bypass? What kind of photo opps are there? We had a great time last year and didn’t regret going in earlier, but I’m wondering if getting there closer to 4 and doing the bypass is a better idea.

Thanks! This thread is full of great information!

Last year was my first MNSSHP. I don’t remember the specific details, but I know we got there a little earlier (APs), took some photos in front of the train station, at some point got our wristbands, and then found our way to get on line for Jack and Sally. We didn’t go through the bypass, but while waiting on line we saw people with Trick-or-Treat bags and we didn’t have them, so my mom left to go get one for each of us. She didn’t get them from the bypass, but they did have the prepacked treats in them already.

If you can get the wristbands, trick-or-treat bags with prepacked treats, and merchandise inside the park, would the photo opps be the only other reason to go through the bypass? What kind of photo opps are there? We had a great time last year and didn’t regret going in earlier, but I’m wondering if getting there closer to 4 and doing the bypass is a better idea.

Thanks! This thread is full of great information!

I think for you having been there & done that, missing the bypass wouldn't hurt you. I believe they had props.

The Magic Shot thread will be updated with all the latest information when they become available. Disney likes to "surprise" guests so I'm looking forward to see what they'll do this year.

I just had to confirm locations so again I'm posting these characters for the following:

Cruella is located at the RED circle. And restrooms are near by;)
Dwarfs are located in the YELLOW Tent.

upload_2018-4-3_15-48-44-png.313660

Thanks @Cluelyss :thumbsup2 Again, this was in 2017 which is currently all we have to go with. ;)

UGH!!! One more time :crazy2: AGAIN, I am so sorry for this you guys! Dwarfs are in the YELLOW tent. :duck::rolleyes1

I think for you having been there & done that, missing the bypass wouldn't hurt you. I believe they had props.

The Magic Shot thread will be updated with all the latest information when they become available. Disney likes to "surprise" guests so I'm looking forward to see what they'll do this year.
Okay thanks! I was just wondering if it was a must do since we missed it the last time!

It's been years since I've seen the Dwarfs, again so sorry!!!:oops:

Moving forward...
Last year was the first time in late October I was able to ride Big Thunder Mountain. In previous years it was closed for refurbishment and only Splash Mountain was open. So just that we're clear in 2017 Big Thunder Mountain was open and Splash Mountain was closed for refurbishment.

UPDATE:
WDW Open Attractions have posted:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/

There was a big ta-do when they didn't list specific rides that most of us were use to seeing, maybe they decided to avoid the drama this year?

Last edited:
I will also note that most of these opps are available elsewhere in the park throughout the night, so they’re not exclusive to the bypass. For example, they have the frame over by LM and the bulb in the plaza garden.

I was just about to confirm if these were offered in other locations. Disney is very... um, what's the word... nondescript with these little gems. Not sure why. :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter