Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

We got our Magic Bands today and blinged them out and are so excited to wear them in 24 days!!!

IMG_5725.JPG

IMG_5729.JPG

IMG_5728.JPG

IMG_5721.JPG

We used the nail polishes in the above pictures. The jeweled stripes are Kiss Nail Artist Stickers that I cut into strips. We are very happy with our bands and are so excited to wear them. We both have small wrists, so we were able to remove the outer grey band.

OMG WOW! Those are AMAZING-
What does the underside of the band look like? Is it finished all the way around? I see you used the nail art and you said you cut it into strips, so do you wrap it all the way around?

Not as spectacular as some of the others, but with with little artistic ability (completely unable to draw a straight line), my family is satisfied. The pink ones are covered in Sally Hansen iridescent and look awesome. For bebeZach, I tried to make an Olaf but my white nail polish was gloppy. Luckily at two, he's got low standards.

ry%3D400

Back from Disney, so I thought I'd update how our Magic Bands held up. My pink band did very well. There's a little bit of cracking near the holes, but it's not noticeable. Olaf did very well also, and people LOVED seeing it on bebeZach [2]. The one that didn't do well at all was the one with stickers. I put the stickers on and then covered in clear nail polish. On the first day, the nail polish started peeling.

Now I can't wait to go back to Disney again so I have more MagicBands to decorate! ;-)

:confused3What should i use to decorate my magic band? I dont want to waste time decorating it then getting it scraped or scratched off when im in the park or the pool. Can anyone help our?

:confused3What should i use to decorate my magic band? I dont want to waste time decorating it then getting it scraped or scratched off when im in the park or the pool. Can anyone help our?

I think just about every person that posted a picture also gave specific instructions on how they did it, as well as what did or didn't work. I would go back and read through the thread - depending on what kind of look you are going for, there are different options.

Just thought I would share that the black nail polish I used was really hard to get off my band. I was attempting to clear it to redecorate today and the black just smeared. I finally got it all off, but it took some doing.

Hi all,

Just got from Walmart. Shopping around for ideas to decorate our bands. They now have Duct Tape in GLITTER!! My Walmart is small and only had silver and red glitter rolls. I can see this being much easier to cut out than to try and paint. Like they lady who made the camo band. I'm going to check out the bigger stores in my area for other colors.

Tammy

I just have to say that you people are amazing!

My husband picked a grey band before we realized grey was the color of the masses (LOL) and he's shrugged it off but I know he wishes he had chosen differently. This thread may have saved his band from grey obscurity!

I have very little artistic talent, so now my choice is... do something on his band and hide it until the trip (only 7 days eek!!) or tell him this awesome idea you guys discovered and let him decorate his own (he's very good with paints - paints model soldiers for a hobby). Decisions decisions!!

I'm not a big fingernail person, rarely wear nail polish at all, much less all this cool stuff. I do have a few bottles though. And I wonder if I can get Mississippi State nail art thingys? That's DH's college and he's still a rabid bulldog. :rotfl:

Only thing I can't tell from photos is this: Are most of you painting that outer edge which is a dark gray or is that just the lighting in the pictures? In most of these photos it looks black.

Thanks!

beldred said:
I just have to say that you people are amazing!

My husband picked a grey band before we realized grey was the color of the masses (LOL) and he's shrugged it off but I know he wishes he had chosen differently. This thread may have saved his band from grey obscurity!

I have very little artistic talent, so now my choice is... do something on his band and hide it until the trip (only 7 days eek!!) or tell him this awesome idea you guys discovered and let him decorate his own (he's very good with paints - paints model soldiers for a hobby). Decisions decisions!!

I'm not a big fingernail person, rarely wear nail polish at all, much less all this cool stuff. I do have a few bottles though. And I wonder if I can get Mississippi State nail art thingys? That's DH's college and he's still a rabid bulldog. :rotfl:

Only thing I can't tell from photos is this: Are most of you painting that outer edge which is a dark gray or is that just the lighting in the pictures? In most of these photos it looks black.

Thanks!

On my green striped band, i painted the edge black and it really stood out in the parks. On my second band, r2d2, i used acrylic paint and it's held up so far, so your husband could paint his with that, as long as he keeps it to the hard molded part that doesn't bend. don't forget clear nail looking to seal it. Good luck, and post pictures when you finish :)

I would show him the thread and let him do his own. He might really enjoy designing his own band!:thumbsup2

Not as spectacular as some of the others, but with with little artistic ability (completely unable to draw a straight line), my family is satisfied. The pink ones are covered in Sally Hansen iridescent and look awesome. For bebeZach, I tried to make an Olaf but my white nail polish was gloppy. Luckily at two, he's got low standards.

Olaf looks great!! DS just decided this is what he wants on his MB!

Know this isn't great, but thought maybe some might find this helpful, wanted something I could practice on, so made a paper pattern. Feel free to print it if you think it will help! (for ref. 8 1/2x11 sheet of paper)
magicbandpattern.jpg

Wow! Some amazingly talented people on here! We get our MBs this week! Can't wait to give them some pixie dust!!! Thanks everyone for the awesome ideas!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Just bought some nail art pens and clear top coat today so that when our bands come in, I can decorate mine. Can't wait til they get here! Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I am so glad I found this thread! My trip is not until April. I have made all my ADR's, fast pass + selections and even did on line check-in. I was beginning to think what now? OMG - my creative juices are flowing after seeing everyone's personalization of their bands. I am thinking Tigger? Sully? Ariel? I am off to get my doddle pad! My bands ship March 3rd, so I have time to plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter