Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

1GR8DISNEYFAN

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if anyone has given their MBs a personal touch. I read where someone said they covered theirs in sworski crystals, another said they were going to use a sharpie to decorate it, but haven't seen any pictures yet. I would like to do something to mine, but I am a little nervous about it.

My MB should be arriving this week and then I am going to play. I am the one who is threatening to either take a Sharpie to it or a bottle of Adirondack Alcohol ink.

Okay, so the Slate Adirondack Ink is not dark enough, the Black Diamond Glimmer Mist just made it sparkly and I cannot find a black Sharpie with enough ink. It is now a blackish-red.

While cleaning the sink, (I got ink everywhere!) DS12 asked me if painting it will ruin the chip.

UPDATE: Went to my scrapping area and found the Jet Black Staz-On ink pad and refill. The refill worked! I used a toothpick to make sure the grooves were covered. It's kind of shiny, but I think it will take. Will post any updates.

I plan on using Sharpie Fine Tipped paint markers.
I'm going to draw an image though, so markers are best.

I drew the shape of the magic band where the colored area is, and am testing a few images. I cannot wait.

The black looks amazing. Youre going to make people so jealous!

bumping and subscribing.

anyone try the sharpie yet? does it stay? I was thinking about drawing tiger stripes on mine. (my sister gets our tomorrow, but then she has to mail them down to me), so i have until the weekend to decide what I want to do with them.

So - I didn't decorate on my own - but I did buy a cover and slider from Disney. I bought a Minnie polka dot cover band and put her slider over it. Turned out really cute -- but the sliders are VERY hard to get over the cover band.

The cover bands were "cheap" by Disney standards - and I highly recommend those. I found the plastic band to stick to my arm too much, and adding the cover band made it alot more comfortable. I was surprised they weren't more popular - I didn't see many.

In general, I was surprised how FEW guests had even pre-ordered their MB's - alot of gray. Now - it was clear that some of those gray bands were probably coming from international places - but I do think there's population not really in tune with what is going on before they arrive. Not everyone reads DIS!

So - I didn't decorate on my own - but I did buy a cover and slider from Disney. I bought a Minnie polka dot cover band and put her slider over it. Turned out really cute -- but the sliders are VERY hard to get over the cover band.

you said you bought a cover from Disney. was it while you were at WDW, or at one of the Disney stores outside the world?

I like the idea of tiger stripes (black on an orange band). Also using the yellow band to make some kind of other animal prints would be cute too.

I like the idea of tiger stripes (black on an orange band). Also using the yellow band to make some kind of other animal prints would be cute too.

I'm going with the yellow band with purple stripes (LSU Tiger) If I get creative enough, possibly a tiger eye somewhere on it.

you said you bought a cover from Disney. was it while you were at WDW, or at one of the Disney stores outside the world?

WDW giftshops sell covers. Some are sold singly, others in threes. Alas the one I want is sold in a set of 3 and I don't like the other 2. And neither do DH or DS. But they liked two from a set of 3 Star Wars themed covers, so now I have a Star Wars cover. :) The covers are almost like a bathing suit fabric (female's bathing suit), really slippy on your skin.

There are tips and tricks on "blinging out" the MB in passporter's info articles, and here is a link on how to MAKE a coverband. Kinda neat!

I had the boring grey one because the one I customized didn't work when we got there. So some people have grey for that reason.

I had the boring grey one because the one I customized didn't work when we got there. So some people have grey for that reason.

Funny, my son thinks it is "classic grey" and insisted on that color. Our friend got a grey on upon check-in and refers to it as "the grey band of shame". So many names for one color!

patzor said:
I'm going with the yellow band with purple stripes (LSU Tiger) If I get creative enough, possibly a tiger eye somewhere on it.

Now I wish I got yellow.... geaux tigers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts