Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Here are ours! It took several nights but I got them mostly done. They are all more vivid in person than this photo shows and, of course, we had to do at least one Seahawks tribute. :) We have two sets of 5 so we only did these 8. Will post if we do the other two. I'm so excited!

I was addicted to the WDW forums anyway, but this thread has put me over the top. I could look at these all day. I have over 6 months before we go, so I am going to take this time and, using the template that someone else posted, practice with what I would like to do. I don't know how well it will turn out, but I will try something. If I can get anything to look good, I will post when I get my bands and decorate them.

Was at Michaels today. They had probably 20 varieties of thin duck tape (duckling)- looked like it might be just the right size for the bands. They also had many licensed varieties of the wider rolls- mickey, minnie, tink, phineas and ferb, minnions, starwars, angrybirds and others I can't recall. I ended up getting the duck tape sheets- seemed like they would be easy to cut beforehand and place. They had a "paper" variety that I am hoping is printable. The possibilities are endless.

http://www.duckbrand.com/products/duck-tape/printed-duck-tape/1502?swatch=true

Here are ours! It took several nights but I got them mostly done. They are all more vivid in person than this photo shows and, of course, we had to do at least one Seahawks tribute. :) We have two sets of 5 so we only did these 8. Will post if we do the other two. I'm so excited!

Great job! I love all the colors. :thumbsup2

Here are a few more that I did. I can't paint like some of the fantastic ones that others have done, but glue is good!

My kids have a ton of Disney croc jibbitz, i have cut the backs off now the big question is hot glue or super glue

Do you think duct tape over the Mickey head would be a problem? I'm leaning no, but you never know.

Do you think duct tape over the Mickey head would be a problem? I'm leaning no, but you never know.

I kinda think that it wouldn't be an issue being that someone posted earlier in the thread that they glued rhinestones on it and did not have issues. Also, don't the fabric covers that WDW sells cover it too?

I kinda think that it wouldn't be an issue being that someone posted earlier in the thread that they glued rhinestones on it and did not have issues. Also, don't the fabric covers that WDW sells cover it too?

Actually the covers have an opening where the Mickey head is.

I had no trouble with the scanners reading the bands with the Mickey heads covered in nail polish. However, it did confuse some of the CM's when they were trying to find the spot on the band to use their hand held readers. You have to know where the spot is to get the scanners to work right.

Great JOB everyone...!! :cool1:

Im curious if anyone has a picture of the covers that Disney is selling???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter