Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Just wanted to share my daughter's band! I'm not very artistic, but I think I can glue well, lol

1623615_10100641307596436_110696515_n_zpsf9d494aa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I just found this thread this morning. I am in awe!! You people did such awesome jobs! I went to WDW in Dec. and wish I would have found this thread before I went. Oh well, next time right?! pixiedust:

Just got back and our bands with nail polish worked great and we go so many compliments! The glow in the dark was great, especially on Space Mountain and Tower of Terror.
I'm returning in May, so I'm planning on what to do for my new band. My husband let me repaint his as a practice and to try out using acrylic paints instead of nail polish. I have tons of acrylic paint, but a very limited supply of nail polish, so I'm happy with how this turned out. As long as it's on the hard molded part of the band, it seems to work. I'm going to wear it around the house for a few days to make sure there are no problems. I used clear nail polish over it.

I'm all ready for Star Wars Weekends! :yoda:

Just got back and our bands with nail polish worked great and we go so many compliments! The glow in the dark was great, especially on Space Mountain and Tower of Terror.
I'm returning in May, so I'm planning on what to do for my new band. My husband let me repaint his as a practice and to try out using acrylic paints instead of nail polish. I have tons of acrylic paint, but a very limited supply of nail polish, so I'm happy with how this turned out. As long as it's on the hard molded part of the band, it seems to work. I'm going to wear it around the house for a few days to make sure there are no problems. I used clear nail polish over it.

I'm all ready for Star Wars Weekends! :yoda:

Looks awesome!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

Oh my wow!!! Just spent yesterday and today going through this thread! Very talented people over here!!!!

I have a question, for those who've done simple designs like just dots or stripes in nail polish, does it stay well by itself or are you sealing it with a topcoat?

Can't wait to see what more come up with!!! :hyper:

OH MY GOD. :thumbsup2 :worship: Please let me know how it turns out if it cracks or anything. R2 is my fav character ever and I'd love to do something like that. I too have an abundance of acrylic and hardly any nail polish at all. You did a fantastic job!

There are some great artist out there!. My fave so far is the stain glass rose, but all are great. And the silver with the lines of jewels!

I'm thinking of doing a purple or teal band. Currently have a pink one on order, Should I change to a blue band to get better coverage?

Thanks!

teffy said:
OH MY GOD. :thumbsup2 :worship: Please let me know how it turns out if it cracks or anything. R2 is my fav character ever and I'd love to do something like that. I too have an abundance of acrylic and hardly any nail polish at all. You did a fantastic job!
So far I've worn it around the house and to work (I'm an art teacher at a k-8 school, so I can get away with wearing a magic band to work) for two days with no cracks or chips. It's water resistant from hand washing, but I haven't worn it in the shower so I don't know if it would be suitable for a water park or swimming. I went out of my easy to try and scratch it and bump it into things with no problems. It looks like acrylic paint is a go, as long as it's only on the molded, non- flexible part. I did three coats of clear polish.

I'm trying to use star wars stickers on my DS's band. If I put them on with the band looped they wrinkle when the band is open. Any suggestions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter