Your Unpopular Opinions

Most of mine are political and/or religious so they can't be discussed here but one of the more benign ones is that we are encouraging and assisting our 19 y.o. DS to make a plan to move out and live independently, even prioritizing it (gasp) over higher education. We'll always be here to support and help him but we really believe autonomy means accountability and that it's not positive for young adults to have all their needs provided for and to become accustomed to making "lifestyle choices" on someone else's dime.

I'm also an adherent to "My house, my rules" and I believe a guest should never bring food to a dinner party unless requested to do so by the host. Both of these views have been shown to be very unpopular here on the DIS, if not IRL.;)

I'm/We are 100 percent with your line of thinking. Our two sons met us half way with their post secondary education costs we insisted. One lived away in shared student rental places going to College, and the other lived at home driving to and from College with his own car, and own gas. They both graduated have been employed ever since. Both are married with young kids of their own. :teleport:

I'm especially unpopular here for my having had a milestone Birthday Party for DH at a hall with alcohol served, a band, dancing, and "NO CHILDREN ALLOWED."

Remember ME! :wave2:

Wow I agree with a lot of these:
Don't like dole whips
Agree Taylor Swift can't sing a note
My house my rules
Hate mayo
Not fond of Frozen
Kids in strollers after a certain age and in their own gender bathroom

One of my own:
I hate leashes for kids, they are kids not dogs. Teach them how to behave and either hold their hands or teach them not to go running away.

I really disliked the movie, "Inside Out". It was like watching paint dry. Awful.
I don't like mango anything.
Cilantro is a no go.

It's okay to spank kids
I like the Kardashians ( esp Kourtney and Khloe)
I hate coffee
I don't expect thank you cards after giving a gift.
I agree about the coffee!

Coffee or coffee flavored anything is just gross tasting.

Also raspberries ruin chocolate. Under no circumstances should the two be served together in any form.

I also am a "My house My rules" person.

Speaking of my house No you can not just "pop in". If I want company I will invite you. If you "just drop by" I will leave you standing on the doorstep.

Your feet are not cemented to the floor. If you don't like something change it. Don't like the job find a new one. Don't like the neighbors move. Wish you could do (fill in the blank) MAKE it happen and stop complaining.

The DIS really limits this, but I'll try ;)

Kids today are WAY too pampered and provided for.

You do not need alcohol to have a good time. PG fun is still FUN, it does not mean you are immature!

Christmas music is great any time of year.

Frozen stunk ;) I haven't seen Inside Out. I'm too afraid after Frozen.

You should pay your bills and live within your means. Going without something because you can't afford it is not a tragedy, stop acting like it is.

Cilantro, brussel sprouts and Chai tea are gross.

I love hot, black coffee to the tune of about 6 large cups a day - but I can't stand anything coffee flavored.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter