Your favorite in park sit down meal!

Mythos at Islands of Adventure is good. I would say it’s overrated, but it is very good.

(It’s not really a sit down restaurant as it’s technically quick service, but I also like Thunder Falls Terrace at IoA as well.)

My favorite at Universal Studios has been Lombard’s, but a warning that it is a seafood place.

Usually we tend to eat quick service in the parks, then do sit-down meals at CityWalk.

Monster cafe 1/2 chicken dinner, Simpson’s area chicken and waffle sandwich with tots, Harry Potter area -maybe Broomsticks? I like everything I’ve tried and there’s a trifle desert that’s good and I think that’s the one with butter beer ice cream. For city walk we like toothsome.

Confisco Grille in IOA is one of the best, for us, it’s miles better than Mythos.

Lombards in The Studios is also up there as a must do.

I would agree with Kestryl that Thunder Falls in IOA is also worth doing although it’s counter service, but food is good and you can sit and watch the huge splash as the boats land from the drop on JPRA.

Universal doesn't have very many in-park table service places (those are mostly in City Walk) but my go-to in park meal would be at Today Cafe.

If you are asking about places where you sit down and they bring you the menu, Mythos and Lombard’s. As others have said, Universal Orlando is mostly quick service, but I had very few complaints about the food. I completely understand not wanting to wait in line to order and then walk around to find a table.

We hated Confisco's. It was like quick service food with a tip required.

Confisco’s menu looks really good. Is the food as good as it sounds?

We’ve eaten there at least once a trip since 2007, and usually more than once a trip, never had a bad meal there. Food has always been top notch and service has always been excellent, except once when our server was obviously having a very bad day, and the manager more than made up for that. One not brilliant experience in around 30 visits isn’t bad.

They changed the menu slightly in 2019 and added one of the nicest dishes which was an updated ribs dish......beautiful. They also serve Pad Thai as Mythos do, but we much prefer the Confisco version.

We’ve never found it similar to quick service as pp, quite the opposite, and the restaurant itself is lovely and staff have always been as welcoming there as everywhere else. And like Mythos, it’s nice to see the chefs wearing proper whites in the open kitchen.

Hope you enjoy it if you do choose to go.

Finnigan's is the only one I'm excited about returning to. We ate at Mythos and enjoyed it. I didn't care for Lombard's...

We had a nice meal at Mythos and we really enjoyed Lombards. None of us cared for Finnegan's at all (we love Raglan Road at Disney Springs though). We would love to try Confisco's, just haven't had the opportunity yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter