Your DIS name

Rog was home schooled. Thank goodness his mother didn't find his reading material hidden under his bed. We're not even going to discuss his homework assignments.

Rog was home schooled. Thank goodness his mother didn't find his reading material hidden under his bed. We're not even going to discuss his homework assignments.

That's just a gross image I'm going to be struggling with all week trying to get out of my head.:headache:

Hi, I'm Sonya.....

Us3 described our family back when I first signed up for disboards. "Us three" It was me, dh and our dd Cassidy.

Well us3 is now us5! :scared1: (see sig below!)

So shouldn't you change name to us5?? :confused3 Just kidding, but my wife noticed that the last 2 listed were Kate and Ally, wasn't that a tv show in the 80's? Just wondering.

I did too! Our minds must run in the same direction. :)

Or we have skimmer's lazy eye syndrome!

I forgot to mention that the 1500 loop (Cottonatail Curl) is where I feel most at home at, although I figure everyone already knows that.

The first time I went to Fort Wilderness we weren't staying there. I was a kid, it was '80 I think, and we took a boat over to check it out. They had me at Howdy. It was dark, we walked around and checked out the store and went to the campfire area to watch the movie for a few minutes, I fell for it back then. 17 years and many thousands of dollars in Mickey's pocket later, I can't stay away.

Yes, Disney and Homeschooling, my two favorite things.

PolyPixie, I have a dd6. They are something at that age huh?! When did you start? There is a topic in the family forum for homeschoolers called **homeschool list**. They have been trying to get their own forum. We should start a topic here called **FW homeschoolers**. It could get VERY interesting. If you want we can either start a new topic, or you can PM me with more info and I can give you any help that you need. I have been homeschooling for about 7 years now and have used or been in contact with just about every curriculum out there. I use an ecclectic mix of them all. :rotfl: :hippie:

CaptKen, GREAT!!! :rolleyes: now I need to go check under all the mattresses, except mine, I already know what is under there. :rotfl2: ;)

I have noticed a few FW homeschoolers. I tend to notice that HSers have similar interests. Many own campers and travel. I love being able to go to WDW and FW when everyone else is in school. How freeing!!!

Cottontail Curl, that is my favorite loop as well. I sometimes wish we had kept the popup so we could stay there. I just bought a small tent for the boys to be in this trip. I am keeping my eye out for a bigger tent to have just in case I get the urge for a trip and can't get a full hookup site. We can stay in a tent. We already have air mattresses and I don't cook at FW, so all we need is a tent and we don't have to worry. It is so much easier to get a partial site. Hey, even if we can only get full hookup during the week and need to tent the weekend we arrive and leave, it could work.

My name has nothing to do with WDW. In the late 80's there was a TV show titled "Coach". One of the characters was called Dauber. When I was pregnant with twins, DH and I started calling the twins "Daubers" for some unknown reason...I assume hormones and not knowing their sex. It stuck and has been used on other forums. My twins are 16 now. :love:

I feel so boring. :surfweb: I want to change my name. DH suggest tanlines, but the numbers would have to start all over again and everyone would think i was new. l is for the my first name Laura and the rest is my last name. I am a legal secretary and mom of 4. We love camping at FW for the 4th of July, though we will have to miss it this year because the Coast Guard has transferred DH to Yorktown, Virginia until he retires in August. Since it would be pointless for us to sell the house and move to Virginia just to move back to Florida 7 months later, we will have the added expense of two households and travel expenses so we can see him while he is up there.(we didn't even renew our Disney passes:sad1: ) If we pinch our pennies enough, we hope to stay in October for halloween so we can at least do a golf cart parade like they do in July.:thumbsup2

Love these boards. Hope to meet everyone in FW once our lives return to normal.

My name is Rita. Keeping the magic forever is what this family likes to do. i am a Disney nut like the rest of you and a mom and wife. I am a student also. I have frequented Disney since a young child and now share it with my own family. They are starting to figure out what is all about. :hug:

Not to get off-topic but instead, just noticing a point here.

Is it not surprising how many of us Fort fiends are also home-schoolers? :thumbsup2

I have noticed a few FW homeschoolers. I tend to notice that HSers have similar interests. Many own campers and travel. I love being able to go to WDW and FW when everyone else is in school. How freeing!!!

I am a homeschooler who made it to the finish line! :rotfl2: I homeschooled DD (my only child) all the way from kindergarten through high school graduation. She's a 20yo college student now, doing very well, so I must not have screwed her up too bad. ;)

I think my name says it all.

Just a little backstory, my name is Chris (41 and a Gov't. contractor which means I do all the work and make the big buck$), DW's is Michele (newly 43 and a school teacher and Director of Technology at a private school) although for some strange reason everyone in my office knows her as The Wife. Why I refer to her that way I don't know but when I'm calling her or talking to her it is usually BabyDoll. DS is Matthew, soon to be 16 and a sophmore in high school. We live in Northern Virginia (I'm a lifer, DW grew up in Baltimore). Anything else? Oh yeah, we love Disney. We've made many trips but only started camping in '04. I did tent camp at the Fort with the Boy Scoutes in '79 though. It sure has changed.

We are a family of 5. Me, DH, DD(13), DD(11), and DS(9). We live in Atlantic Canada and tow our 32" TT to WDW for the Xmas/ New Years holiday for the last 4 years. That is over 30 hours of driving but all worth it when the kids start the countdown as we approach the Welcome sign. DH is a farmer and we farm wild blueberries and he runs our 1000 hives of honeybees. I'm in the middle of a career change and am studying to be a nurse. Our friends usually call us Tom, Krista, Lauren, Lindsay and Ben. The cats are Nemo and Jack and the dog is , you guessed it, Boomer.:thumbsup2

Sonoma is the name of our horse. My real name is Jen. I have a DH, DD(11), DS(8), DD(6) and DS(3). We took our first Disney trip this past September and stayed in a cabin at Ft Wilderness. We had so much fun that we can't wait to go back. I have picked up so many great tips from the Dis. Thanks!

Or we have skimmer's lazy eye syndrome!

I forgot to mention that the 1500 loop (Cottonatail Curl) is where I feel most at home at, although I figure everyone already knows that.

The first time I went to Fort Wilderness we weren't staying there. I was a kid, it was '80 I think, and we took a boat over to check it out. They had me at Howdy. It was dark, we walked around and checked out the store and went to the campfire area to watch the movie for a few minutes, I fell for it back then. 17 years and many thousands of dollars in Mickey's pocket later, I can't stay away.

I have a very vivid memory of the same thing as a child! We never stayed at FtW because my dad doesn't camp. Somebody mentioned "camping" at the Holiday Inn earlier~ I think camping to my dad is anything without club level :rotfl: . Anyway, we went to HDDR (the year it opened I think~'78?), in the dark, we took the boat over, and I remember walking through the woods and over a stone pathway (no clue where this was :confused3 ) and thinking it was the coolest place!

PolyPixie, I have a dd6. They are something at that age huh?! When did you start? There is a topic in the family forum for homeschoolers called **homeschool list**. They have been trying to get their own forum. We should start a topic here called **FW homeschoolers**. It could get VERY interesting. If you want we can either start a new topic, or you can PM me with more info and I can give you any help that you need. I have been homeschooling for about 7 years now and have used or been in contact with just about every curriculum out there. I use an ecclectic mix of them all. :rotfl: :hippie:

CaptKen, GREAT!!! :rolleyes: now I need to go check under all the mattresses, except mine, I already know what is under there. :rotfl2: ;)

I just started. It is something I have been thinking about for a long time anyway. Right now, it is just my DD6 because she really needs that individualized attention. If all goes well, I'm hoping to gradually add my other 2 DDs. The schools are great here, they like going and they are honor role students, so I don't feel like it is a rush. I will PM you with some questions~thank you so much!!!!

I think we all need a big hug and start over, :hug

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter