Your DIS name

Hey everybody. I am really in a slump. We got home from FW well over a month ago and I want to go back. I was hoping to run into 1 or 2 of you while we were there but we didn't, we were in the 2000 loop.
My name means exactly what is says I have 5 beautiful children. My DH Matt and I have DD 8princess: she is the next Cinderella, and DD 6 princess: , DS 6pirate: , DS 6pirate: , and DD 6princess: . Yes they are all the same age. Next month they all have a birthday so they are soon to be 9 and 7. My claim to fame was 5 children under the age of 2 for 13 days. We have been to Disney several times. This was our first time staying on the grounds, and for a family of 7 the ONLY way we could swing it and I don't think I would want it any other way. We had a great time, that is after we finally got there. I haven't posted the story yet because it makes me mad. Our pop-up broke down on the way down and we had to leave it in SC. I just wasn't prepared for such a change in plans. Any hoots I have enjoyed reading about everybody. BTW I'm Loretta in NC and yes we're expecting snow tonight, ugh I work on the weekends.

Auntie here...boy that sounds boring.:rolleyes: So many of you have such colorful stories to go along with your names. Me..I'm just "Auntie" but I love it. I am the oldest of four children, and was married at 18 to my high school sweetheart and we've been married for 31 years.:lovestruc I started my family earlier then my siblings. I was a mom and had four kids of my own before I ever became an Aunt and was really looking forward to it. Since my name is Phyllis(named after my grandmother Filomenia) my nieces always had trouble pronouncing it..and didn't call me anything until they were 5. When my sister had her first child..I told her "please..just have the baby call me "Auntie"..it's easier". Well, she did just that and it stuck. That was 10 years ago. Now I'm everyone's favorite "Auntie!"

My own kids are 16, 20, and 27. We were to FW many years ago, and stayed in the cabins...and have been to the WL many times and always bike through the campground. We plan our first FW trip in the camping loops for August of this year!

Hey everybody. I am really in a slump. We got home from FW well over a month ago and I want to go back. I was hoping to run into 1 or 2 of you while we were there but we didn't, we were in the 2000 loop.
My name means exactly what is says I have 5 beautiful children. My DH Matt and I have DD 8princess: she is the next Cinderella, and DD 6 princess: , DS 6pirate: , DS 6pirate: , and DD 6princess: . Yes they are all the same age. Next month they all have a birthday so they are soon to be 9 and 7. My claim to fame was 5 children under the age of 2 for 13 days. We have been to Disney several times. This was our first time staying on the grounds, and for a family of 7 the ONLY way we could swing it and I don't think I would want it any other way. We had a great time, that is after we finally got there. I haven't posted the story yet because it makes me mad. Our pop-up broke down on the way down and we had to leave it in SC. I just wasn't prepared for such a change in plans. Any hoots I have enjoyed reading about everybody. BTW I'm Loretta in NC and yes we're expecting snow tonight, ugh I work on the weekends.

If you had to leave your pop up where did you stay please tell. I have thought about stuff like this before happening and wondered what I would do.

I have been a lurker on the boards for years, only recently set up an account to start posting. My DW has been on the boards for a while as disneynan. Well, when I went to set up mine, the only creative thing I could come up with was "disneydan", but it was already taken. I just added the number 4 in the middle for a play on words.

We have 3 kids, DS15, DD9 (my little angel) and DS7. Our first introduction to the internet boards was RADP back when we had to decide whether to keep our reservations and go when DD was 1 yo. Lots of great advice then.

I am an environmental scientist, and work to clean up contamination on commercial and industrial property. I grew up in the time when rivers would change color based on what dye was being used in the factory, and watched all the news stories about Love Canal and the other places that made the news back in the 70s.

We love to camp and can not wait for our August trip to the fort. This will be our celebration trip after our DS15 successfully gets through his second surgery this year. I think this will be our 9th trip to WDW in total - will need to check DW's signature line to be sure! Anyway, it's great to be here and expect we'll be making many more trips to the Fort over the years.

Well, let me see :rotfl: I have springer spaniels and a dalmation...spring dal...but my name is Conni :laughing:

My screen name is the concatenation of Pax et Bonum which means 'peace and all good'. It is a traditional Franciscan greeting. It also helps to remind me to have a positive outlook.

pax

Our last name is Miller so we are the Millermouseketeers! My daughters and I thought of the name. We have 3 kids, DD 14, DD 11, DS 9. We love Disney and fell in love with the fort on an overnight tent stay in 12 '06 before moving to POR. After that, we bought a pop-up and have been lucky enough to stay at the fort in it twice. Just got back from 12 '07 and looking forward to our first July 4th at the fort! It is a long haul from Texas but worth it.

Wow, this thread is moving quick, AND still open. :scared1:

Well, my name is not original either. I am a mama and a loya. There ya go. I am mamaloya5 in a couple of places because, believe it or not, there was already a mamaloya and I had, at the time, 5 kiddos. I now have 6 and a grandbaby on the way.

My dh is an army chaplain and I am a stay at home, homeschooling momma. I love disney and FW. Took our first trip there for our youngest dd's 1st bday. We were in tent, then bought a popup for the fort, now am in a tt.

Still can't post pics here, when I get back, I will just have to slam Rog with all of my pics and give him something constructive to do posting them for me. :laughing: :wizard:

Hey Mama! I just started homeschooling my DD6. Any tips? She is my little "wildflower!"

My sisters and I had names that were spelled strangely so our kids all have traditional names and spelling. I'm sure my kids will give their kids different names because they think theirs were "boring". And so it goes. ;)

I don't know how how you are Lisa, but I am 35. When I was in school Shannon, Rebecca, Lisa, Jennifer and Michelle were the most popular names.

As for tent camping....whenever we are set up for at least a week somewhere, we bring the tent and the kids sleep out there. It's good for everyone to have their own space. And Chad and I get the motorhome all to ourselves :woohoo:
Shannone, I'm a tiny bit older than you, and I knew tons of Lisas, a Shannon, Jennifers, Julies, Michelles. My kids have easy to spell names, and they're not weird, just not common. They seem happy with them, so maybe we've found middle ground. :)

My 2 are still a little young to sleep in a tent, but they'll be old enough soon! I'd love a motorhome or a bigger trailer. Instead we chose private school, for now.

Maybe THATS why your kids have weird names!!! Pharmaceutical snacks?:
:rolleyes1 Are we working on getting the thread locked again?

:lmao: Now THATS tough love parenting!!! Gotta love it.

My dad used to tease us about getting spankings every Saturday night for ALL the stuff we did during the week and didnt get caught for!! :scared:
Great idea! I'll see what DH says. Oh, he didn't really do it?? Teasing doesn't seem that effective.

ALL of my DDs names end in "I".....................because theirs no "I" in team?
Laci Kay, Misti Mae, Tori Marie, & Kenzi Rae. Tori's middle name doesnt rhyme because she was stillborn for the first 3.5 minutes of her now extremely normal, smart-alek, pre-teen life....my wife swears god pulled her back to heaven for a few minutes to tell her how to manipulate me correctly, because she can work me like no one on this planet.:
Love those names! Does Tori's middle name mean something special?

I am a pushover and will do a lot of things the kids want (within home bosses reason). Well when my oldest DS was little HB would say when I would gave in "Daddy is a sap" well he turned it around and would look at me and smile when he knew I would give in and say "Sapdaddy" "Please!!!"

Hey everyone I'm Kelly, TiggerInBama.

I like Tigger, although Donald is my favorite I didn't think about it when I signed up, and I Live in Alabama. I love the Fort, been going since May of 2000 just to camp, but have been going to Disney since 1992. we stopped counting after the 50th time. We have even done the hoop over 40 times. Disney crazy, I guess.:banana:

Hubby doesn't have a name on here although sometimes he just lurks too,using my name so be careful about flirting with me.:rotfl: :rolleyes1

We have been married for 18 years, and have a DD and she's 13, and we are homeschooling right now. We usually go to Disney 2-3 times a year but 2007 we ended up going seven times.:cheer2: We are DVC members, but we love and stay mostly at the Fort.

36_2_13.gif

But SHOULD you reproduce????

:rotfl: Hey Rog, how do you get your smileycentral smilies to work? I have that, and I can never get them to post, and I would love to, they have the best smilies.

Hi Campers!

I am LiteBrite here on the DIS, and it was literally the first thing that popped into my head as my fingers hovered over the keyboard during the DIS registration process. I have no special love for the toy by the same name, never even owned one.

I do, however, have a special love for Fort Wilderness. Hubby, DD, and I have camped there many times - first time in a borrowed pop-up, which was enough to convince us to buy a pop-up of our own. After several years, we moved up to a bunkhouse travel trailer, which we enjoyed for several more years.

A couple of years ago we sold our beloved trailer, and we haven't been back to the Fort since. We've been enduring our exile to the wilds of Pop Century in the meantime, but we miss the Fort way too much, so we're considering tent camping this May. I never thought I'd hear myself say that, but that's just how much we miss FW.

Oh, and I'm a piano teacher and a part-time missionary. Hubby and I are hoping to be on the mission field full-time soon.

ynottony99 :teacher: my name with it's mirror image, huh, huh , pretty clever right!!!! The 99 is the year I first used ynottony for an email. That is 19 99

For a while after I first started reading here, I thought your name was Y COTTONY. I don't know why, I guess it made as much sense in my mind as other names.

Nic...Nicole
In...In
NC....North Carolina

I'm Nicole and I live in NC. Real original, huh? :rolleyes:

I'm so sorry Nicole, but I thought you were a dude. I thought Colson was a girl and you I pictured as an Italian New Yorker named Nick that had been transplated in NC. Yo.

My first name is Jim, and I've raced something since I was 15. I crewed on a late model for about 10 years

Oops, I thought you wrote "I screwed a late model for ten years". It's late, I'm weary.

and it has stuck me as my nickname ever since. Don't know why but in High School they took my last name and changed it to "the Brumeiser" I guess the Bru was the first 3 letters of my last name and they added the meiser to the end of it. So that is how I came up with my screen name. My name is Kevin and I love everything about Disney. I work as a billing clerk and a merchandiser.

Hi, I'm Sonya.....

Us3 described our family back when I first signed up for disboards. "Us three" It was me, dh and our dd Cassidy.

Well us3 is now us5! :scared1: (see sig below!)

My handle, Bama ED, is a combo ticket also -

First, my first/last name initials also spell my first name, which is "Ed".

Second, I am a huge, passionate-but-reasonable, Alabama Crimson Tide fan. College football is in my blood. I grew up in Tuscaloosa, am a season ticket holder, and have been going to games for 30 years now. I am sympathetic to those fans less fortunate than us (which is everyone else) and especially our poor brothers and sisters down on the Plains (that's a shout-out to AuburnJen92 :rotfl2: )

I have 3 kids DS15, DS13, and DD9 plus a DW who like to camp at FW (although DW likes "camping" at a Holiday Inn better!). In 2007 we camped 32 nights in our pop-up which we use to go to FW and the Alabama Gulf Coast the most).

Home is in Hoover, AL which is a suburb of Birmingham. I slave away with AT&T and dream of the day when I can take the pop-up and spend 3-4 weeks at a stretch at FW rather than 1 week at the most.

I first went to the Fort in 1981 and I enjoy the "kitchy", sentimental, cheesy side of the Fort. I miss the old train that used to run the grounds (which was maybe gone before I even went to the Fort the first time but I saw the tracks). I miss River Country. I love the campfires and sing-a-longs with Chip, Dale, and Sundee. I miss the peacocks. I love the front porch of the Meadow Trading Post. I miss the musket Mickey logo. I love taking a walk or bike ride early in the morning at the Fort as the sun cuts through the Spanish moss. I like the HDDR. My blood pressure drops down into normal range while I'm at the Fort.

Plus, I think ya'll are crazy about FW and camping (just like I am) :3dglasses

Bama ED

Not to get off-topic but instead, just noticing a point here.

Is it not surprising how many of us Fort fiends are also home-schoolers? :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter