You just graduated from college!! What's next? 5/13 - 5/21 THAT'S A WRAP!

Yum! That breakfast looks good. I may have to get myself over there in November to try those pancakes. Love the look of them!

Mmmmmm, drooling over the pancakes. I love me some lemon curd...the lemon curd at the Afternoon Tea at the GF is my favorite. :)

Jill in CO

We are staying at the Beach club in January but have breakfast planned at Cape May Cafe. Captains grille looks very good maybe next time we will try it.

We really like the Captain's Grille for breakfast. If you order the buffet they offer to bring you omelets or eggs any way you want them, too. :)

Once to have either the French toast or Lobster omelet (has anyone had either of these?) and a second time to try the buffet.

Some time ago we ate there (2 years ago maybe?) Mikka had the French toast and I had the lobster entree, I think it was an eggs Benedict type of thing, not an omelet. Best lobster ever? No. But a pretty darn good decadent breakfast; chunks of lobster, not just shreds. (I called my Mom to tease her I was having lobster for breakfast.) I'd go back. Oh, and Mikka liked her French toast too!

Yum! That breakfast looks good. I may have to get myself over there in November to try those pancakes. Love the look of them!

Enjoy! :thumbsup2

Mmmmmm, drooling over the pancakes. I love me some lemon curd...the lemon curd at the Afternoon Tea at the GF is my favorite. :)

Jill in CO

I remember thinking that the lemon curd on the pancakes reminded me of the lemon curd that was served with the scones at the GVL tea, so I bet you would like these. :thumbsup2

We are staying at the Beach club in January but have breakfast planned at Cape May Cafe. Captains grille looks very good maybe next time we will try it.

The breakfast buffet food at Captain's Grille is actually similar to that at Cape May, but less expensive and much less busy since there are no characters there. But if you want to see Minnie, Donald, and Goofy in their cute beach attire than Cape May is the way to go! :thumbsup2

Hey Barb, will you be at Food and Wine this year?

I will!! :woohoo: I have another solo trip planned for Oct. 23 - Nov. 3.

We really like the Captain's Grille for breakfast. If you order the buffet they offer to bring you omelets or eggs any way you want them, too. :)

Oh wow, omelets?!?! I didn't know that. Thanks for the info! :thumbsup2

Some time ago we ate there (2 years ago maybe?) Mikka had the French toast and I had the lobster entree, I think it was an eggs Benedict type of thing, not an omelet. Best lobster ever? No. But a pretty darn good decadent breakfast; chunks of lobster, not just shreds. (I called my Mom to tease her I was having lobster for breakfast.) I'd go back. Oh, and Mikka liked her French toast too!

Both of these sound so good. I might just have to eat there three times so I can try both of these plus the buffet! :laughing:

Captain's Grille Breakfast - Part II (The Buffet)

After finishing my breakfast I noticed that the room where the breakfast buffet spread is located was not busy. I had some time to kill before meeting up with the kids at Epcot's International Gateway entrance so I checked with my server and he said it would be fine if I took photos of the buffet food. Therefore, I present to you some of the items which were offered at the Captain's Grille breakfast buffet.

Starting with the fruit, there were both orange and grapefruit slices...

Pineapple and cantaloupe...

And grapes and honey dew melon...

Then there was smoked salmon, cream cheese, and sliced tomatoes...

Toppings of capers, red onion, and chopped hard boiled eggs, plus whole eggs...

The yogurts (plain, strawberry, and vanilla), cottage cheese, and seasonal fruit compote...

For pastries and breads, they had bread pudding...

Mini-muffins, these were chocolate chip but they had others...

Cinnamon rolls...

Croissants...

Banana bread...

And chocolate swirl pastries...

Then some of the hot food offerings, starting with biscuits and gravy...

Baked tomato gratin, which looked delicious...

I believe this was a potato casserole topped with parmesan cheese...

The breakfast meats of grilled turkey sausage, pork sausage, and bacon...

Some egg dishes, including these mini-frittatas made with egg whites, spinach, and onion, topped with diced tomato...

Not really sure about this one, but looks like all veggies in these...

I think these had both yellow and white cheddar cheese along with maybe ham???...

And of course, scrambled eggs...

Then there was French toast...

Which could be topped with Bananas Foster sauce...

Pancakes...

Along with several toppings...

And last but not least, there were of course, Mickey waffles!!

I'm sure I missed some items, but hopefully this gives you an idea of what you might find at the Captain's Grille breakfast buffet. :thumbsup2

Next up: World Showcase Snacks - Part I

Last edited:

I'm sure I missed some items, but hopefully this gives you an idea of what you might find at the Captain's Grille breakfast buffet. :thumbsup2

Wow - that breakfast buffet looks incredible. :cloud9: I have never even given Captain's Grille a thought.

I have been following your fabulous reviews for many, many years and have never told you how much I appreciate it. A sincere and heartfelt thank you for all the work you put into it. :flower3:

That looks like a great breakfast buffet. We'll have to keep that in mind! Those frittatas look delicious!

Captain's Grille looks amazing! We are staying at BWI in November and are planning to eat breakfast there at least once. DH loves breakfast buffets so he will be excited to see all of the pictures you took.

Wow - that breakfast buffet looks incredible. :cloud9: I have never even given Captain's Grille a thought.

I have been following your fabulous reviews for many, many years and have never told you how much I appreciate it. A sincere and heartfelt thank you for all the work you put into it. :flower3:

Awww...thank you so much! :goodvibes And thanks for continuing to read.

That looks like a great breakfast buffet. We'll have to keep that in mind! Those frittatas look delicious!

It did look very good. I'm really hoping to get over there a couple of times for breakfast during my next trip and try the buffet one of those times. Hopefully the food will taste as good as it looks. :thumbsup2

Captain's Grille looks amazing! We are staying at BWI in November and are planning to eat breakfast there at least once. DH loves breakfast buffets so he will be excited to see all of the pictures you took.

Glad to be of help with the buffet pics. Hope you enjoy your breakfast!

Epcot World Showcase Snacks

As planned, I met up with the kids at the International Gateway entrance to Epcot and we spent the next couple of hours in Future World.

About the time that World Showcase was opening at 11:00, Andrew declared that he was starving. Our lunch reservation was not until 1:30 so I thought it best to find the boy a snack. ;) We happened to be close to the Refreshment Port at the time so I suggested that he have a cronut and he liked the idea...

He enjoyed this and rated it a 4. It held him over while his sisters shopped in Mexico. But by Norway he was hungry again... :laughing:

Here are few things which we saw at the Kringla bakery...

I was still full from breakfast but I mentally made a note to try a Sweet Pretzel with almonds sometime. ;)

Let's see then there were these delicious looking cinnamon rolls...

And the Troll Horns that I've never tried...

Oh, and these pretty heart-shaped waffles...

But nothing seemed to suit him so we ended up just sharing a soda and sitting for a bit in the shade of their covered outdoor patio. Which is where we met this guy...

He did a "Whatchu lookin' at Willis?" pose for the camera. :lmao:

Then we resumed our quest to find Andrew's next snack. Nothing interested him in China but he seriously considered getting a pretzel in Germany. However, then he changed his mind and said that he would just wait for lunch. :rolleyes:

So we moved on past Italy and to America where we spotted something which piqued our interest at the Block & Hans booth...and no it wasn't a craft beer. :laughing:Despite many trips to Disney World none of us had ever tried the famous cheese stuffed pretzels. At Block & Hans they offer two varieties, one stuffed with jalapeno cheese and the other with sweet cream cheese. Suddenly we all became hungry and started arguing over which one we should get to share. I finally asked the nice CM who was manning the booth for her advice and she said her favorite was the jalapeno one, so that is what I bought for us...

But then the CM said that she had a cream cheese one that was the "runt of the pretzel litter" and since it was less than perfect in size she would give it to us for free...

And so we got to try them both. :woohoo:Though the jalapeno cheese pretzel was quite good, we unanimously declared the sweet cream cheese pretzel the winner of the stuffed pretzel challenge. :thumbsup2

Oh, and as an added bonus, we got to enjoy our pretzels while watching Voices of Liberty perform outside in the American Gardens Theater...

This was the first time that I had seen the Voices of Liberty acapella group perform outside in the theater (other than as part of the Candlelight Processional choir), but it worked well for us since we got to watch them and eat our snack at the same time. Something that we couldn't have done if they were performing inside in the rotunda as they normally do.

But now the big question is...would we still be hungry for lunch less than one hour later? Stay tuned to find out. ;)

Next up: Lunch at Teppan Edo

Last edited:
Wow this buffet looks delicious! In case we can't get into Cape May I won't complain. Great overview of the snacks!!

I love any kind of pretzel but the stuffed ones are my favorite! With 3 boys when we "share" that means mom gets one bite! :rotfl2:
I LOVE acapella, I would be been in my glory :cool1:

We loved Teppen Edo last trip, I hope you did as well, can't wait to hear about it!

Love all the snack choices! I love the sweet cream pretzels myself...free ones taste even better!

Jill in CO

The ham and apple sandwich looks good to me. ::yes::

I've never tried the stuffed pretzels. I think it is a good thing you got a free one, though, since one pretzel for four people wouldn't be enough. ;)

This was the first time that I had seen the Voices of Liberty acapella group perform outside in the theater (other than as part of the Candlelight Processional choir), but it worked well for us since we got to watch them and eat our snack at the same time. Something that we couldn't have done if they were performing inside in the rotunda as they normally do.

I saw them listed on the marquee of the outdoor theater when we were there last month. I thought it was a good idea to move them to the outdoor theater. It will give the group more exposure. We finally saw them for the first time last April and that they were fabulous. :)

Hi Barb! I have to tell you that we went to Kona on Friday for breakfast and the pancakes are amazing! I cannot believe I have waited so long to try them. I thank you for posting about them all the time! I cannot wait to get them again, however I will only order one pancake next time.

Oh my! So many great updates are making me wish that I had another week to plan to be in WDW!

How exciting that you'll be back for F&W. :) Boardwalk seems to always be in our resort line up so nice choice there!

I was particularly interested in your BoG breakfast. I hadn't seen photos of all those selections yet. Andrew's choice looked particularly tasty.

I definitely need to get back to Narcoosees and try that almond crusted cheesecake. I associate that dessert with you from one of your earlier dining reviews! Glad to know that it is still as appealing as ever.

We ditched our Captain's Grille breakfast for the new Garden Grill character breakfast so I will miss that on our next trip. I'm a big fan of lemon curd but I'm not sure I like it on pancakes.... give me some on those scones at the GF Afternoon tea! Yum!

I've never had a stuffed pretzel at any park. The sweet cream cheese version duly noted as winning the taste challenge. How nice of the CM to make it an actual comparison by giving you the defective pretzel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!