You Better Start Believing in Success Stories, You're in One! Nov. W.I.S.H Challenge

Ahoy! This is the best ever theme for me to jump back onboard! I apologize I've been sooooo very MIA, and my excuse is traveling the world! It's been so much fun, and not good at all for my weight and fitness!

We were fortunate to take several trips this year, which should be slowing down until next March. That gives me four months to lose the about 10 lbs I'm estimating I've gained :( just going by how my clothes feel, I try not to be married to the number on the scale. My goals is to lose enough that my clothes are comfortable, and check my weight a couple times this month. Overall I still have about 25 lbs that I want to lose and my goal for that is to get back into my healthy habits, ditch the cocktails during the week, focus on protein and completing my step goal 5 days a week.

:thanks: Melanie for hosting!

My goal this month is to keep my consistency with my exercise and work out 4 times a week. I weighed this morning so I'd like to see a loss this month as well but I'm not going to weigh myself consistently. Maybe once halfway through the month and then again at the end. I'm really enjoying focusing on working out and getting stronger as well as making healthier eating choices than what I had been. I think it's important to have a goal that actually makes you happy instead of stressed because numbers are matching up how you'd like!

Thanksgiving is an obstacle...and so is every weekend, really. I'm going to have to travel next week on Wednesday and Thursday so I'm going to have to figure out my eating and exercise plan for that. Hopefully my hotel has a fitness room that I can use to work out. So this month is going to be a challenge but I'm determined! I'd like to lose 11 pounds by the end of the year. Totally doable.

Ok, so I've been thinking about this... I am rather disappointed in how October panned out. I was 90% to goal and messed it up some how and ended up right back where I started. Now, the main thing is the wine intake increased so I wager that's the culprit. Also, because the universe has a sense of humor, my new heart meds may cause weight gain as well. Of course, now that I am about to go on a trip I and the holidays are coming get Dr's clearance to start working out again. I wanted to have my weight down a little and have working out in my solid routine by now as I was well on my way to doing in June & July :( Oh well--- life had other plans and I am happy I don't have any serious heart issues. So going forward I want to refocus like I was in the summer.

All that whiney rant is to say, I want to buckle down, but I also want to be realistic this month. I mean, let's be honest-- I am literally going on a trip to eat carbs and drink wine. I'm NOT going to be loosing this month. However, with all the walking and touring I have planned for this trip, I should not come back like 7 lbs heavier like I did last fall when we cruised LOL! I also have 2 weeks to straighten out once we get home. So my goal will be to maintain this month.

I have two goals for this month: to be under 190 lbs by Dec 1st (currently at 194 lbs) and to start running more frequently - I'm thinking a minimum of 30 min a day x 4 days a week. Don't really know how I'm going to track this yet, but I'll figure something out!

I don't really have much going on this month. No trips or big plans other than Thanksgiving. I'm really looking forward to running in some cooler temps, but I do need to get some cold temps running gear. I've been saying how I was going to start running more once football was over - now it's time to see if that was just an excuse or if I'm serious about it.

I'm going to keep up on my goal of at least doing some version of exercise for at least 30 minutes, 3 times per week.

I think I'm going to resume gym time and starting riding the recumbent bike to build muscle for the thighs! I need help with hills and cross training will be helpful, but that'll happen after Avengers/Vegas. :)

I'm in!

My goal this month is to weigh myself daily. I know this doesn't work for lots of folk but it does seem to help me buckle down and be more serious about what I'm eating. My other goal is to lose 2lbs. I know its not a lot but even just not gaining would be a victory the next couple months for me.

This month I am going to stick with losing 2 pounds. I missed it last month so I am hoping I can hit that goal this month. This week and next week are busy but should finally slow down and I should be able to get to the rec to work out.

Last night was a busy with trick or treating with the kids. It was in the 50's here so it was nice to weather to walk around for 2 hours. we are normally much cooler. Today and tomorrow it will be 75 here. The meteorologists on the news this morning said we have had temps this high since like 1950. I can't remember the exact year. Unfortunately I am home with my daughter today. She woke up with pink eye this morning. Luckily I had drops on hand already. She tends to get it a lot because she sleeps with her eyes open.

AHOY!

I'm really looking forward to this month. While our Disney trip last week was on the less-than-magical side, taking a full week away from the shop and DH's jobs and most stress did SO much good. I was able to finish all open orders before we left, so I came home with nothing that HAD to be done right away. With coming home on Wednesday, but DH and I both taking off the full week, we were able to really get some sleep and get on a more regular schedule. Yesterday was DH's first day back at his day job, and today is his first day back at both jobs, so I'm hoping we can keep it up. We also came home to a bare pantry, so we were able to reset completely there, too. We hit the grocery store this weekend and Sunday was spent putting together some DIY lunchables, making protein smoothies, hard boiling eggs, making egg muffins, etc. I'm determined to make this stick!

We're going back to Disney on November 30, and literally coming home two days later. I'm so excited. I haven't seen the Christmas decorations in person since 1998 (I was 9!) and DH has never seen them. I can't think of a better way to bring in the holiday season. We're doing the dessert party for the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM show at Hollywood Studios (really, who do they put in charge of naming this stuff now? Disney, hire me.)

Long Term Goal: Be down 60lbs, or be in size 10 clothing - whichever comes first.
This has been my goal for years now, and I really want to make it happen. I put my goal this way because I think a size 10 is where I would feel most comfortable - I truly can't imagine myself being any smaller than that. I think the 160's (so a 60lb loss) would put me in that size range, but I'm not 100% sure, as it's been so long since I was either number. At 199 I was a 14, so it's possible I could hit size 10 before I enter the 160's.

Shorter Term Goal: Be down 40lbs by April 22, 2017.
This puts me 10lbs below wedding weight, and in a good place physically going into MOH's May wedding. I've given myself the April 22 goal date because Dapper Day weekend is April 29 & 30, and I'm going to move forward as if we're going that weekend. I'd rather get to April and not be able to go but still be down some weight, rather than wait until I know for sure whether or not we can go and have to scramble or settle. Aiming for April 22 gives me a week to make any alterations to clothing if I need to. I know it will require a lot of dedication and pushing to come down 40lbs in just under 6 months, and honestly I am nervous that I'm setting myself up for failure, especially with winter approaching.

November Goal: Be down 7lbs by November 30, 2016.
I'm starting November with a weigh-in of 220.4lbs - up 1lb from when we left for Disney a week and a half ago, but considering all the yummy food I've eaten in the last 2 weeks, I'll take it! 7lbs seems like a lot, so I'm hoping I'm not biting off more than I can chew. A loss of 7lbs this month keeps me on track to lose 40 by April 22. After seeing our photos from last week's trip, I'll be happy for any weight loss at this point!

Plan: Low-carb/high-protein, more water, add in some cardio, TRACK!

Yesterday was a really good day, eating wise. The chocolate is still a thing but I'm not going to beat myself up over it at all. I need to start back tracking what I'm eating, though, as I started to get in my head because I *felt* like I was eating all day long - but since everything was high protein and low carb, I logically know I'll be eating more frequently throughout the day... it's just a matter of not psyching myself out and trying to prevent myself from eating just because I *feel* like I'm eating all the time. I enjoy the numbers game of tracking once I get back into the habit of it. It's just a matter of doing it.

I need to find some fun dance-style exercise videos on YouTube. I used to dance a lot when I was more involved with theatre, and I've always enjoyed it. I'm hoping doing it that way rather than forcing myself to make mindnumbing laps around the block or chaining myself to the treadmill will make me more likely to actually do cardio often and consistently. The weather is supposedly to fall to the 70's this week after record high 90-degree temps the last few weeks, so I'm really looking forward to it. I'm hoping that with the cooler temps, I can get DH and myself out the door for at least one mile walk in the mornings before he goes to work.

Obstacles: Me!

I don't think Thanksgiving will pose a big issue. It's just one day out of 30 days, and in thinking over the dishes we usually have at our families', there's nothing horrifically terrible. I'll need to watch my dressing and yam intake, but for the most part it's lots and lots of turkey. Perfect lean protein! Disney will be a couple of "free" days but since the amount of walking we'll be doing usually combats that, and after a month of eating better I don't think I'll be able to stomach as much junk, I'm not too worried about those 3 days.

Arrr, mateys! Let's swash some buckles!

31eec17e-b184-4855-b6c2-2e6ea6bd0a6b_zpsxsjzefh8.jpg

Ahoy Mateys!
I be lookin' ahead to joinin' ye fine vessel. May our stops be jolly 'n fruitful.
(http://postlikeapirate.com/)

I thought a lot about what I want my goals to be for this November over my lunch break. Since November is such a wonderful time of abundance- I try not to eliminate anything over this season. :) Instead- I add healthy items into my life instead.

I would like to eat 3 cups of greens, 3 cups of colored fruits/veggies and 3 cups of sulfur veggies a day...at least 80% of the week, which gives me at least one free day.
e07476ba-25c2-498e-b557-d0ca279e312c_zpskctccxw6.jpg

(This is from Terry Whals' Autoimmune Protocol. She has put her MS in remission. I have a couple of autoimmune conditions that I would like to heal a bit)

I'd also like to eat or drink ferments daily. I've tried to make this a habit before, but so far have not been successful. :)

Hi everyone! I am Magdalene and as I said earlier, I will jump ship onto the Disney Fantasy later this month. But I am determined to make the time until then count. My vacation in total will be 3.5 weeks long and I definitely cannot allow myself to go totally off the charted course if I do not want to have a total shipwreck on the scale afterwards. I always find it easier to at least try to keep up a routine during vacation if I had a routine before. So, the first part of November will be used for exactly that: keeping up tracking, eating healthy and exercising. Last month I had an exercise goal and I will stick with that. I made myself an exercise schedule (put it all into my phone calendar including daily reminders) and intend to keep to it. 100% will be doing all the scheduled exercises up until I leave for vacation. Any additional exercise after I have left will be added as bonus percentage.

Big obstacle for the month is my birthday next Sunday. I will be visiting my sister in Berlin for a long weekend and we have a lot of celebratory things planned, including a high tea at a fancy hotel! But the good thing is that I got my sister and her husband into running now as well and I am already looking forward to go running with them on the former airfield of the airport Tempelhof (one of the three airports used for the Berlin airlift during the Cold War when all the roads into West Berlin were closed by the Soviets and West Berlin had to get all its supplies via air).

Oh! I forgot to mention that I'm walking the Avengers Half Marathon in less then two weeks in Disneyland! Whoops. LOL. That's obviously an epic goal and I've been training all summer and autumn. It's something I always wanted to do before trying for another baby. :) So we are taking our first baby (19 months old) and flying from Colorado to California so that I can achieve one of my major dreams. :)

Ahoy! This is the best ever theme for me to jump back onboard! I apologize I've been sooooo very MIA, and my excuse is traveling the world! It's been so much fun, and not good at all for my weight and fitness!
We arrrrre happy to ye back! And there is no better excuse, in my book, than traveling the world.

Thanksgiving is an obstacle...and so is every weekend, really.
I completely agree I can be perfect all week and then the weekend comes and the wheels just come right off the bus.

All that whiney rant is to say, I want to buckle down, but I also want to be realistic this month. I mean, let's be honest-- I am literally going on a trip to eat carbs and drink wine. I'm NOT going to be loosing this month. However, with all the walking and touring I have planned for this trip, I should not come back like 7 lbs heavier like I did last fall when we cruised LOL! I also have 2 weeks to straighten out once we get home. So my goal will be to maintain this month.
I love that you're being realistic about your trip. I think when you come back you will be in a better spot even if you do put on a couple lbs. You don't want to hold back and have regrets on a vacation you have been looking forward to but you also don't want to regret going overboard, it seems you have a plan for a healthy balance.

I'm really looking forward to running in some cooler temps
Amen!

I think I'm going to resume gym time and starting riding the recumbent bike to build muscle for the thighs! I need help with hills and cross training will be helpful, but that'll happen after Avengers/Vegas.
I use a 10 minute workout video that helps with leg strength for runners if you want I can give you the link.

My goal this month is to weigh myself daily. I know this doesn't work for lots of folk but it does seem to help me buckle down and be more serious about what I'm eating. My other goal is to lose 2lbs. I know its not a lot but even just not gaining would be a victory the next couple months for me.

This is me to a T. I have to weigh myself daily to stay on track.

Unfortunately I am home with my daughter today. She woke up with pink eye this morning. Luckily I had drops on hand already. She tends to get it a lot because she sleeps with her eyes open.
I hope your daughter is feeling better, pink eye is the worst!

I've given myself the April 22 goal date because Dapper Day weekend is April 29 & 30, and I'm going to move forward as if we're going that weekend.
Dapper Day was during Star Wars race weekend this past year so I got to experience it for the first time. I was so jealous of their outfits. I feel like I could never pull one off but It looked like so much fun! I also agree with you on the Disney names! Jingle BAM... Really?! I was impressed with the Star Wars show at HS so I have high hopes for it.

Love it! I am about to change my runs from evenings to mornings when the time changes and this is perfect. I am also super excited for you do do a Disney race they are the best. Especially the ones at Disneyland! I will find any excuse to run out there. And if you have time to cheer on/people watch the 5k or 10k I highly recommend it that can be just as much fun as running.

But the good thing is that I got my sister and her husband into running now as well and I am already looking forward to go running with them on the former airfield of the airport Tempelhof (one of the three airports used for the Berlin airlift during the Cold War when all the roads into West Berlin were closed by the Soviets and West Berlin had to get all its supplies via air).
That sounds like a great birthday weekend and an awesome place to run!

Im In!

My goal is to loose 5 lbs this month towards my 10lbs loss goal for the rest of the year

Glad to have you back!

I'm jumping on a plane to Vegas to do RNR Vegas with @MommaoffherRocker :)
:cool1: Party time! :rockband:

Ahoy, mateys! I'm Shantelle and I've been wanting to sign up for a challenge for a while but I am IN this month. Thinking about goals sure is hard though! Sooo here's what I've got:

1. No fast food - we're doing no-spend November so this should coincide (and go well) anyway!
2. Do a 2.5m walk-run 4x/week and, when possible, a shorter walk the other 3 days (though we had to skip tonight due to a sick husband :guilty:)
3. Yoga 1x/week
4. Meet my water goal (at least 64 oz/day)

I'm know this is attainable so I'm hoping to overcome my biggest obstacle: ME! :idea: Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Batten down the hatches me hearties as we set sail this evening. As most of ye be aware Pirates of the Caribbean was a ride long before it be a movie so while the fearless captain finds our heading let's take a look at the beginning of its voyage.

captain jack.jpg

Pirates of the Caribbean was actually the last ride that Walt Disney himself worked on. In the beginning it was planned to be a wax museum underneath New Orleans Square but with the success of It's a small world and Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln at the 1964 World's Fair the team decided to scrap the wax idea and use audio-animatronics. As they approached opening day Walt had imagineers put a chair on a dolly and push him through the ride at the same speed as the boats so he could get a feel for the ride. Three months before the attraction was to open Walt passed away, unfortunately he was never able to see it complete. These 2 videos from that time show the making of Pirates of the Caribbean the ride and it's opening day. It was definitely a different day and age! I find it interesting they called Disneyland Walt's Magic Kingdom.​

Pirates was Walt's last project in a long line of great accomplishments in his life. Do you have any great accomplishments that you are working towards? A while back the big thing was bucket lists, do you have one? and if so would you mind sharing somethings on it? Is where you are at in your lifestyle change affecting those things for better or worse?

Ahoy, mateys! I'm Shantelle and I've been wanting to sign up for a challenge for a while but I am IN this month. Thinking about goals sure is hard though! Sooo here's what I've got:

1. No fast food - we're doing no-spend November so this should coincide (and go well) anyway!
2. Do a 2.5m walk-run 4x/week and a shorter walk the other 3 days (though we had to skip tonight due to a sick husband :guilty:)
3. Yoga 1x/week
4. Meet my water goal (at least 64 oz/day)

I'm know this is attainable so I'm hoping to overcome my biggest obstacle: ME! :idea: Good luck everyone!
These be fine goals, Ye will love it here mark my words!

Batten down the hatches me hearties as we set sail this evening. As most of ye be aware Pirates of the Caribbean was a ride long before it be a movie so while the fearless captain finds our heading let's take a look at the beginning of its voyage.

View attachment 204549

Pirates of the Caribbean was actually the last ride that Walt Disney himself worked on. In the beginning it was planned to be a wax museum underneath New Orleans Square but with the success of It's a small world and Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln at the 1964 World's Fair the team decided to scrap the wax idea and use audio-animatronics. As they approached opening day Walt had imagineers put a chair on a dolly and push him through the ride at the same speed as the boats so he could get a feel for the ride. Three months before the attraction was to open Walt passed away, unfortunately he was never able to see it complete. These 2 videos from that time show the making of Pirates of the Caribbean the ride and it's opening day. It was definitely a different day and age! I find it interesting they called Disneyland Walt's Magic Kingdom.​

Pirates was Walt's last project in a long line of great accomplishments in his life. Do you have any great accomplishments that you are working towards? A while back the big thing was bucket lists, do you have one? and if so would you mind sharing somethings on it? Is where you are at in your lifestyle change affecting those things for better or worse?

I guess the biggest things I am working towards is getting back to my pre-pregnancy (if you can still call it that. She is 9) from my daughter. It has been a long battle of gain some lose some gain a little bit more lose that and gain more again. I am doing better this time. This is the most I have lost and though I have not been great with it I am not gaining.

Other then this I would say trying to be a good mom and wife while working full time. I don't always feel like I am doing a good job at either. It is the times that I feel other parents have it all together and I feel like I am sinking. I guess I have been feeling like this lately. I more in less need to get out of my head.

I have never made a bucket list. I am pretty boring. I love zoos and would love to make to more. Unfortunately my husband hates them. I will make it to the San Diego zoo. I have wanted to go since I was little. I also want to go to Disneyland. Another place my husband does not want to go. I will make him at some point. He never wanted to go to WDW either. It took my dad taking us for him to go. The minute we stepped on Main Street he said we would be back. We have now gone 4 times in about 4 years. I have always wanted to go to Italy too but my fears hold me back from this one.

+++++++++

Well, I did a lot of sitting around today. I should have taking my daughter for a walk since she only had pink eye but I decided to catch up on TV. I am glad my daughter was home today. I got an automated phone call from her school today. They had to do a reverse lock down today. The was a huge house fire not far from the school and they had ammunition that got heated up and started going off. This happened at the time my daughter would be at lunch and the 3rd grades were outside at recess (it was 76 here today). She would have been in the middle of the commotion and I know she would been scared. I am glad I kept her home.

Tonight I am watching the World Series and it is not going good. At one time my Cleveland Indians were losing 7-0. That was at the 3rd. We are now in the 8th inning and we are still losing 7-2. It is stressing me out. I have been eating to stay awake and because of the stress. At least I have need eating veggies with dip but not that much dip. It looks like we will play the 7th and final game tomorrow. It will be a must win.

I was also told about an adult hip hop class I can take at the place my daughter is taking dance. I am thinking of taking it. It will all depend on if we can afford it and if I get over the rear of being on stage in front of a huge audience. We will see.

So proud of myself today because I actually managed to get my DVD workout in BEFORE work! I am going out to dinner after work with friends and then onto the cinema, so I won't have any time after work to get my exercise in. I usually have such a hard time to do a workout in the morning even when I have the best intentions. But today I managed to do it!

So great to see you back here! Sounds like you had a wonderful time without us though! :goodvibes

I've been saying how I was going to start running more once football was over - now it's time to see if that was just an excuse or if I'm serious about it.

Have fun with getting back into running! You did so much earlier in the year, I have no doubt that you will be able to follow through again now.

I think I'm going to resume gym time and starting riding the recumbent bike to build muscle for the thighs! I need help with hills and cross training will be helpful, but that'll happen after Avengers/Vegas. :)

Sounds like a good plan. I have been working on my core recently and I can tell how much it affects my running in a postive way.

My goal this month is to weigh myself daily. I know this doesn't work for lots of folk but it does seem to help me buckle down and be more serious about what I'm eating.

I am that way as well. I think the key thing is to not let bad numbers discourage you. I sometimes struggle with this, but I also know that I need that daily reminder of what I want to accieve.

Unfortunately I am home with my daughter today. She woke up with pink eye this morning. Luckily I had drops on hand already. She tends to get it a lot because she sleeps with her eyes open.

Hope your daughter is feeling better today!

While our Disney trip last week was on the less-than-magical side, taking a full week away from the shop and DH's jobs and most stress did SO much good. I was able to finish all open orders before we left, so I came home with nothing that HAD to be done right away. With coming home on Wednesday, but DH and I both taking off the full week, we were able to really get some sleep and get on a more regular schedule. Yesterday was DH's first day back at his day job, and today is his first day back at both jobs, so I'm hoping we can keep it up. We also came home to a bare pantry, so we were able to reset completely there, too. We hit the grocery store this weekend and Sunday was spent putting together some DIY lunchables, making protein smoothies, hard boiling eggs, making egg muffins, etc. I'm determined to make this stick!

So great to read your postive outlook! Looks like spending some quality time with your DH was just what you needed. I hope you get to acchieve all your goals and will be able to have a wonderful makeover trip to WDW!

:rotfl2:

Wow, this is a lot of veggies!! I am not sure I could eat that much. Interesting that the artichoke is a colored veggie. I would have thought that it is green. And I would totally fail in the sulfur department. Not a fan of anything cabbage like and I hate onions... But if it is something that helps you to be more healthy, I think it is a great thing! One of the things I really focus on with my eating is to incorporate a lot of full grains.

Oh! I forgot to mention that I'm walking the Avengers Half Marathon in less then two weeks in Disneyland! Whoops. LOL. That's obviously an epic goal and I've been training all summer and autumn.

I am really full of admiration that you are walking the half marathon!! I walk a lot in my daily life, but I know that I would struggle to keep up the speed requirement of 16 minutes per mile. I think I find that harder to keep walking at that speed for 21 km than to run the distance. Hope you will have a fantastic race and fun in Disneyland!

Do you have any great accomplishments that you are working towards? A while back the big thing was bucket lists, do you have one? and if so would you mind sharing somethings on it? Is where you are at in your lifestyle change affecting those things for better or worse?

I really have nothing big that I am working towards, neither health related nor in any other area of my life. And I really do not have a true bucket list. Of course there are a few things that I would like to do and places that I would like to see, but nothing is really so special that it has to be that one thing and nothing else. I guess I am pretty happy with what I have! :thumbsup2

I was also told about an adult hip hop class I can take at the place my daughter is taking dance. I am thinking of taking it. It will all depend on if we can afford it and if I get over the rear of being on stage in front of a huge audience. We will see.

Sounds like a fun way of getting exercise! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter