Yet another reason I don't like Kentucky basketball fans...

Hopefully it won't affect his business. Anybody reading the poor ratings will realize they were posted by sore loser lunatics.

I did kind of feel like sometimes fandoms just lose their heads. Hopefully people wake up tomorrow, realize they were jerks and it is just a game, and take down the reviews. It happened in my sports circle after a rookie ump pitched Noah Syndergaard. Poor guy was getting married and had a public wedding website. Lots of fans threatened to send him gifts with not so nice messages on them. I don't know if it ever went beyond internet chatter but that ump couldn't work at Citi Field for awhile with out getting booed.

Sarpy county prosecutors, (this is where Omaha is) are looking into filing felon charges against the ones doing the death threats. They must be leaving their name on the death threats, can you say, "Not too bright!" Come on Kentucky, show a little class!!

I did kind of feel like sometimes fandoms just lose their heads. Hopefully people wake up tomorrow, realize they were jerks and it is just a game, and take down the reviews. It happened in my sports circle after a rookie ump pitched Noah Syndergaard. Poor guy was getting married and had a public wedding website. Lots of fans threatened to send him gifts with not so nice messages on them. I don't know if it ever went beyond internet chatter but that ump couldn't work at Citi Field for awhile with out getting booed.
Good grief! I cannot believe the insane behavior of some sports fans (yes, I am one:cheer2:). I can remember telling a ref he sucked, after a bad call...then later that evening...buying him a beer at the bar. :drinking:

Sarpy county prosecutors, (this is where Omaha is) are looking into filing felon charges against the ones doing the death threats. They must be leaving their name on the death threats, can you say, "Not too bright!" Come on Kentucky, show a little class!!
I hope they're prosecuted to the fullest extent. I wondered if those posting fake reviews on his FB site could be prosecuted also. Maybe defamation of character? Libel?

Good grief! I cannot believe the insane behavior of some sports fans (yes, I am one:cheer2:). I can remember telling a ref he sucked, after a bad call...then later that evening...buying him a beer at the bar. :drinking:

Again have no clue if it ever went beyond internet ribbing. I was fine with him being booed every time he walked back into Citifield. The call was terrible and it messed up the whole game. Star pitcher kicked out and the manager in the 1st inning all for playing old school ball. It was clearly a young ump trying to show his authority and it backfired. I totally didn't agree with bringing in his personal life though. I do hope it never went beyond the talk portion. Sadly now the stupid things that may have been talked about after at the sports bar as a joke now get stuck on the internet forever.

Meanwhile, Kentucky's coach rakes in $8,000,000 a year. Did I mention..he's a jerk?

So what if he makes $8m a year? What does that have to do with anything.

UK is not the first to have a group of fans act like idiots and they won't be the last.

UK fan here. I hope those who committed criminal acts such as making death threats are prosecuted vigorously, and those who harassed, cyber-stalked or defamed Higgins and/or his business are held accountable in civil court or otherwise.

I think doxxing is repugnant and those who engage in it should be held accountable. Even though Higgins has a track record of making terrible calls (or no-calls) in UK games, including the UNC game, I also have no doubt he's trying his best and the quality of his work is between him and the NCAA. Neither he nor anyone else deserves the treatment he's received.

I'm embarrassed that fellow UK fans would do that. Every fanbase has their small % of idiots. But given the size of the UK basketball fanbase, it means our small % is still a large number of idiots.

The other stuff about UK and Cal generally, I'll just leave that alone.

It's funny, cause as a football fan, I think Kentucky fans are the best! They are so nice whenever I go to UGA/Kentucky games. They may expect to win at basketball, but during football season they were the most welcoming bunch of fans I've encountered in the SEC.

It's funny, cause as a football fan, I think Kentucky fans are the best! They are so nice whenever I go to UGA/Kentucky games. They may expect to win at basketball, but during football season they were the most welcoming bunch of fans I've encountered in the SEC.
There's a big difference between UK Football and Basketball. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter