Yet another reason I don't like Kentucky basketball fans...

That's akin to suggesting that if someone or a small cross section of those from a certain faith or ethnicity commit a bad act(s) it paints the entire faith or ethnicity in that light. I'm going to hazard a guess that pretty much any sports team has a selection of fans who may be prone to acting like baboon's behinds. I'd have a problem if the behavior was encouraged and a team was cultivating a culture of that type of behavior.

Note, not a Kentucky fan or hater, not a basketball fan, not even particularly a sports fan, haven't watched a minute of the tournament.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/03/ken...usiness-facebook-page-reviews-elite-eight-unc

Kentucky fans are upset over a ref's calls/non calls in their loss to UNC and elect to trash his business on FB.

I get not every fan did this, in fact, just a very small portion of them, but it does paint the fan base in a bad light. I'm a little disappointed the school and/or coach hasn't responded with a "knock it off".

What are the original reason(s) you dislike Kentucky basketball fans?

Yes, it's surprising the school didn't release a statement telling fans to cool it.

@RedAngie... it's their attitude (in general). It doesn't take long being in Central Kentucky that you get the impression that Final 4 berths, and even championships are their "God given right". Look, I get being a fan. I've been a fan of a lot of teams over the years. However, you should never EXPECT to win a championship. Any given game... etc, etc. All the times that Kentucky has lost (granted, not a lot), I've NEVER heard "the other team was better". It's called being humble.

I know there are Kentucky fans on this board. And I'm not claiming they act like that (maybe they do, I've never met them). It's just a general impression I get. What some fans have been doing to this ref is despicable.

It is easy to dislike them. They kind of takeover with their passion for their team. Downtown Nashville turns blue every year the SEC tourney is here - Mizzou get ready for next year.

I know it was only a small group of fans but we were once told we had to move from our tourney seats because we were not Ky supporters in a section of big blue shirts. We bought the tickets for our seats and stood our ground but it made for some unwelcome glares.

I saw this and the Kentucky coach right after the game said something to the effect of "we still managed to play even though the officials tried to foul out half of our team." Aaaand the stats showed that KY had 19 fouls and NC 18....

So Kentucky released a statement...
While we were all disappointed to see a memorable season end on Sunday and we appreciate the support our fans showed our student-athletes all year, we encourage our fans to demonstrate good sportsmanship to everyone and discourage any other kind of behavior
Source

And Calipari (the coach) tweeted the following:
I always brag that we have the classiest fans in the country. Let's make sure we remain that way even after a tough loss.

@RedAngie... it's their attitude (in general). It doesn't take long being in Central Kentucky that you get the impression that Final 4 berths, and even championships are their "God given right". Look, I get being a fan. I've been a fan of a lot of teams over the years. However, you should never EXPECT to win a championship. Any given game... etc, etc. All the times that Kentucky has lost (granted, not a lot), I've NEVER heard "the other team was better". It's called being humble.

I know there are Kentucky fans on this board. And I'm not claiming they act like that (maybe they do, I've never met them). It's just a general impression I get. What some fans have been doing to this ref is despicable.

Thanks. I have no real interest in college basketball, but I did see the last few minutes of that game, and hoped that Kentucky would win.

That is truly sad. I get so tired of the "I'll show him attitude." If they are upset stick to voicing your opinion in the right venue. Now they could have affected his ability to provide for his family and provide jobs for people who need them. :sad2:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:Try being a Patriots/Red Sox & Bruins Fan:happytv:

Ugh, dealing with Pats/Bruins fans (and their insufferable radio commentators) has been the hardest part of my recent move to Massachusetts! It's been very hard for this NY girl!

So Kentucky released a statement...
Source
While we were all disappointed to see a memorable season end on Sunday and we appreciate the support our fans showed our student-athletes all year, we encourage our fans to demonstrate good sportsmanship to everyone and discourage any other kind of behavior

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :happytv:

Kentucky basketball players ... "student-athletes" ... *wipes the tears of laughter from my eyes* ... that's a good one! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!