*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

Our FP day came and went on Tuesday and I was pretty much able to grab everything we needed! Next up is registration for the 5/4 DVC Moonlight Magic event and I'm optimistic about that.

I guess a lot of people are arriving on 5/2, based on the FP date. I'm glad your experience was like most here - seems like it went very smoothly.

Our FP day came and went on Tuesday and I was pretty much able to grab everything we needed! Next up is registration for the 5/4 DVC Moonlight Magic event and I'm optimistic about that.
Our's was Wednesday, and I can echo your comments. Got MMRR, MFSM , Star Tours , TSMM, as well as a couple of throwaways (so we can try for a Slinky Dog as a fourth) and I was amazed there was so much availability! We'll try for Moonlight Magic as well, as we're only doing the 2 park days at the Studios.

We are going for 8 days but there are 7 of us, length of stay advantage but big party disadvantage. I got everything we wanted - plenty of availability for everything.
  • Got FoP on our 2 AK days 60+1 (afternoon) and 60+4 (morning).
  • MMRR was available 60+3 (after 5PM) but I booked MSFR (afternoon, after Sci-Fi lunch but before Oga's - happy birthday to me ;)). I did book MMRR 60+6 at 11:40 (first time available). Slinky was available on our 2 MGM days (11:20 even at 60+6) but for our party MFSR and MMRR were more important - will have to rope drop it or use DD's DAS.
  • 7DMT was available on day 60 (afternoon), 60+5 and 60+7 had all times available starting at 9:20. Peter Pan was available on 60 at noon, 60+5 and +7 at 9:20. Plenty of times for Space, morning at 60.
  • Frozen at 10:50 on +2, the rest of the days it was available earlier. Soarin' and TT had plenty of times starting at 9:20.
Those were the big ones, all other rides/M&G had plenty of times. I just have to fill out our schedule a little. One I will make sure to book is Spaceship Earth - JIC since it will go away later in the month. I Really wish we could book FPs in different parks on the same day - we got hoppers and staying at Dolphin so I would love to be able to book one or 2 FPs at AK or MK in the morning and then MGM or Epcot in the evening.

We are going April 24th-May 5th staying at Copper Creek Cabins the April 24th-29th and OKW the April 29th- May 5th.
Hoping splurging one the cabin is worth it.

So I just checked our flights on Southwest and they had dropped a total of almost $300 for the two of us!! Made the adjustment and...I see another trip to Disney this fall! :cool1:
I checked mine yesterday as well and got a credit back too! I was so excited

We are going for 8 days but there are 7 of us, length of stay advantage but big party disadvantage. I got everything we wanted - plenty of availability for everything.
  • MMRR was available 60+3 (after 5PM) but I booked MSFR (afternoon, after Sci-Fi lunch but before Oga's - happy birthday to me ;)). I did book MMRR 60+6 at 11:40 (first time available). Slinky was available on our 2 MGM days (11:20 even at 60+6) but for our party MFSR and MMRR were more important - will have to rope drop it or use DD's DAS.
  • 7DMT was available on day 60 (afternoon), 60+5 and 60+7 had all times available starting at 9:20. Peter Pan was available on 60 at noon, 60+5 and +7 at 9:20. Plenty of times for Space, morning at 60.
  • Frozen at 10:50 on +2, the rest of the days it was available earlier. Soarin' and TT had plenty of times starting at 9:20.
Those were the big ones, all other rides/M&G had plenty of times. I just have to fill out our schedule a little. One I will make sure to book is Spaceship Earth - JIC since it will go away later in the month. I Really wish we could book FPs in different parks on the same day - we got hoppers and staying at Dolphin so I would love to be able to book one or 2 FPs at AK or MK in the morning and then MGM or Epcot in the evening.

We have a big party as well (14 ppl), so some of our FP+ for the tougher rides were for later in the day / evening. Got them, not at the optimal times we want, but all good. Have a great trip!

Glad to hear that you did so well, especially with such a large group!

Me and DH are going once again in May, 5/9-5/17. Staying at CSR.

I got started late in the booking process, we didn't book until late January and I missed out on the ADRs I wanted-well the big one which is California Grill Brunch for Mother's Day. I have some not so good times for Ohana, CG Dinner, and Art Smith's, hoping I can tweak them and grab the CG Brunch.

The late start, the worry over BGs at DHS, and that little virus going around has really made it hard to get excited for this trip. Took a look at some F&G pics yesterday and that helped some.

Just checked our flights we have booked with SW and no luck as others have had here. In fact our flights are $200 more right now. I am still planning to keep an eye on them!

I booked my FPs this morning. I managed to get everything I wanted and at the times I wanted...with the exception of Smugglers Run. I tried to get it for our 60+7 (Tues 5/12) (around 5pm) but the ride didn't even show up (as if it didn't exist). Currently it's showing FP full for that ride. Very weird.

I did FP Smugglers Run for our 60+1 at around 5:30pm. The time isn't ideal but we'll be staying at BCV so we'll just make a quick trip over.

I booked my FPs this morning. I managed to get everything I wanted and at the times I wanted...with the exception of Smugglers Run. I tried to get it for our 60+7 (Tues 5/12) (around 5pm) but the ride didn't even show up (as if it didn't exist). Currently it's showing FP full for that ride. Very weird.

I did FP Smugglers Run for our 60+1 at around 5:30pm. The time isn't ideal but we'll be staying at BCV so we'll just make a quick trip over.
Odd that Smugglers Run didn't show...had you already booked a tier 1 ride? That might explain why it wasn't showing.

Odd that Smugglers Run didn't show...had you already booked a tier 1 ride? That might explain why it wasn't showing.

Total rookie mistake! You're absolutely right. I booked Slinky Dog already. :jester:

Question. Which would have a better chance of moving up the time frame? Smugglers run or Slinky Dog?

Total rookie mistake! You're absolutely right. I booked Slinky Dog already. :jester:

Question. Which would have a better chance of moving up the time frame? Smugglers run or Slinky Dog?
Can't say as we haven't been to HS since these rides opened, but I just looked at our FPs for 5/8 and earliest times for those 2 were both around 2:30. You're a few days after us, so perhaps you can get earlier times?

Flights have been booked for us as well (American not SW since we are flying to parents house in pan handle first and then driving over), but prices still dropped almost $100 from one day to the next! Glad I put the flights on hold and checked back the next day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter