• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, vhoffman. I appreciate your and everyone else's support. It means a lot. I have only left one post on here, and am hopeful this entire thing will be deleted when the moderator gets my PM. I am sorry to have bothered anyone.

I do feel for you if the guy just straight out lied to you. I'm just saying, even if I felt someone in my party could handle a few stairs, I would have eliminated the stairs altogether because the last thing I would want on a vacation is a fall or perhaps even stairs that were steeper than what they were used to. The safe thing for me would be to rule out stairs altogether.

Is this a private owner you are renting from?

3kidsmommy said:
OK, first...you ARE being rather rude to me. To attack a VICTIM is rude. Another poster wrote exactly WHY it was thinkable for there to be only 5 steps...have you never seen the condos that are like that? The 1st floor is actually a couple of steps down, teh 2nd floor is a couple of steps up, etc...when the man told me it was 5 steps, that is what I expected to find. 5 steps. That is misinformation on HIS part, not mine. Other than ASKING the owner, what else could I have done?
I am done with this. It doesn't matter and to be honest, I can't figure out why I am being attacked. I will just leave now and not look back so I don't bug you anymore, k? It is not my intent to anger you because I am "stupid".

I am not attacking you. You are attacking yourself. You are acting VERY rude to me and anyone else that points out that you put this on yourself. Now I will admit that comment I just made is rude but honestly someone should consider other people in their party when looking for lodging. I find it rude that you did not do that.

I agree with a PP that said if you paid by credit card, you should try to dispute the charge. What a stinker that owner is!

umaangel00 said:
I am not attacking you. You are attacking yourself. You are acting VERY rude to me and anyone else that points out that you put this on yourself. Now I will admit that comment I just made is rude but honestly someone should consider other people in their party when looking for lodging. I find it rude that you did not do that.
This is no longer the OP, but her husband. I notice from your signature that you are young most likely. For that reason, I will not type what I would like to. My wife did everything she could have to ensure that this trip was great for everyone. Furthermore, my wife puts forth more of an effort daily than do most people in a lifetime. She has had to become wife, husband, mom, dad, nurse, psychologist, advocate, as well as many other rolls since I became so ill. She flatly asked the man in question, both via e-mail and on the phone, how many steps there were. She was concerned about even 5, but I assured her that I could make those 5. So, before you decide to pass judgment on someone I would suggest that you "judge not, lest ye be judged". I stand in judgment of you because my wife is my life. She is kind-hearted, loving, and did everything in her power to find us someplace to stay for a much needed break. She only came here for ideas of what to do. For those of you who posted wonderful ideas about credit cards, cancelled checks, etc. Thank you. For the rest, I would hope that you start to really think before you type. Being hurtful doesn't solve anything and for us has ruined our night and quite possibly my view of this board. Regards to all.

Ok first off. Please type whatever you would like. It will not change my opinion what so ever. I do think before I type. I know fully what I am saying and when I say it. Furthermore, why would you let what is said on the INTERNET ruin your WHOLE evening. That seems odd to me. It's just the internet and it's not like you will ever meet us anyways. Have you ever heard of just brushing it off? I also am not being hurtful. I am telling the truth. I am sorry that this ruined your vacation but there are plenty of first floor condos. I actually have one that you can get for about 500-600 for a week (including taxes) that might have interested you. It's not my condo but one I was going to rent when we were originally going to go in March.

I agree with her, stupid should not have been said at all. There are plenty of ways to express one's opinion without words like that being involved. Yes, she is upset and maybe tomorrow won't look so bad, but talk about kick her when she's down! :(

3. NO FIGHTING: Several Internet news groups are marred by the actions of a few selfish people who turn an otherwise positive forum into a soap box for their anger issues. Internet newsgroups are not moderated, and therefore, anything goes. These boards are moderated in an effort to keep the discussions appropriate to the topic at hand. Those who feel they can not abide by these rules are welcome to read the posts on the board, and respond via email to the person who posted the message. Messages that are argumentative or sarcastic in nature will be deleted without discussion.

Because of the rude and argumentative tone in some of the posts here, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter