Would this bother you?

bankgirl05

DIS Veteran
I also posted on the resorts board:

We are here now, actually have been here for 5 days, and I have had to call housekeeping 3 times about our room, mainly the bathroom area not being cleaned properly.

When we checked in there was some dirt/dust loose toilet tissue and a bottle cap on the floor behind the toilet.A coffee spill in the grout under the sink, and various white paint drips on the floor in the bathroom/vanity area. Dirt dust and hair, not belonging to us in the corners etc.

I called mentioned all of the above thing, and asked for extra towels.
I got the extra towels.

Day 2 I called again, and also mentioned the ice makers (all 3) in our building weren't working, plus our ice bucket had water in it left over from the previous guest! ( we dumped and cleaned that because we wanted to use it, but had to trek all the way down to the next building for ice.)

Day 3 we headed to the park, when we got back, there was still all of the above, plus a toothpaste blob on the counter (darn kids) and smear on the inside rim of the sink. They said they would send someone down while we were at the pool.

When we got back, the bottle cap was gone, along with the toothpaste blob, but not the smear.

This is disheartening to me when we return to our room, weary and tired. I want to see things clean, not want to clean them myself!!!!

Also, my kids have been super disappointed because there have been no towel animals!!! not one! not even the towel Mickey head that is usually on the bed when we check in. I know these aren't a neccessity, but they always added to the magic. We got spoiled last year with a different one each day.

I want to say, I have been tipping our house keeper 4-6 dollars each day, but I am seriously considering putting anend to that.

Should I bother to go to the front desk to complain?

We check out Saturday.
WWYD?

First of all, I would be upset too. I would personally ask to speak to a manager face to face. Better results. Take a picture of what you see and show it to them. Nothing speaks better than a picture. Lastly, stop the tips.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Towel animals or no towel animals wouldn't bother me. We never got any.

Why would you tip at all?

Take pics and go speak to a manager in person.

I would complain to a manager face to face and I wouldn't tip again until the room was up to your standards.

I agree with the face to face. We found that calling got us no where while going to the front desk and asking for a manager got the issues fixed.

We have never received a towel animal. Those can't be expected.

You want housekeeping to clean paint drips? Isn't that a bit overboard?

I think you are being very picky.

I don't think you are being very picky!!! For what we pay for even a value resort everything should be SPARKLING!!! ;)

I agree with going to the front desk and speaking to a manager. The manager will make sure everything is clean to your liking.

I know someone that works at POFQ. Maybe you have a new mousekeeping person and they don't really know how to do the towel animals. Or they are doing what they think is correct and need guidance. By tipping and complaining aren't you sending a mixed message? :confused3

I also posted on the resorts board:

We are here now, actually have been here for 5 days, and I have had to call housekeeping 3 times about our room, mainly the bathroom area not being cleaned properly.

When we checked in there was some dirt/dust loose toilet tissue and a bottle cap on the floor behind the toilet.A coffee spill in the grout under the sink, and various white paint drips on the floor in the bathroom/vanity area. Dirt dust and hair, not belonging to us in the corners etc.

I called mentioned all of the above thing, and asked for extra towels.
I got the extra towels.

Day 2 I called again, and also mentioned the ice makers (all 3) in our building weren't working, plus our ice bucket had water in it left over from the previous guest! ( we dumped and cleaned that because we wanted to use it, but had to trek all the way down to the next building for ice.)

Day 3 we headed to the park, when we got back, there was still all of the above, plus a toothpaste blob on the counter (darn kids) and smear on the inside rim of the sink. They said they would send someone down while we were at the pool.

When we got back, the bottle cap was gone, along with the toothpaste blob, but not the smear.

This is disheartening to me when we return to our room, weary and tired. I want to see things clean, not want to clean them myself!!!!

Also, my kids have been super disappointed because there have been no towel animals!!! not one! not even the towel Mickey head that is usually on the bed when we check in. I know these aren't a neccessity, but they always added to the magic. We got spoiled last year with a different one each day.

I want to say, I have been tipping our house keeper 4-6 dollars each day, but I am seriously considering putting anend to that.

Should I bother to go to the front desk to complain?

We check out Saturday.
WWYD?

If I wanted my children to have towel animals; I would make them myself. We have rarely received them.

Paint drips??? Really?

And, I make sure my children clean up after themselves. Mousekeeping is not a maid. YMMV.

I agree.

I would stop tipping if you aren't getting exceptional or even good service. I don't think the paint drips are a housekeeping issue, but everything else seems reasonable. don't let this spoil your vacation!

I expect the room to be tidied up and towels changed but I don't expect towel animals. Really! I also don't expect perfection while I am there. The hotels are pretty booked right now and I leave my room picked up.
I worked at a hotel for a bit and some people are impossible.
Food everywhere.
Dirty clothes and spills.
It's Disney but they are only human. How about showing some kindness towards the staff. Smile and say hello. I always leave a little smiley face with a tip and a big Thank You!

Someone elses hair is another matter. That I would bring attention to the front desk. It's a health thing.

A few years ago I was at Poly and called housekeeping because I thought the fan didn't work in the bathroom. When we got back from the park I found a tissue clinging to the vent with a little smile drawn on it. Well, the fan worked all the time. It was just so quiet I didn't know was working. Lot's of things go on there without us knowing. I am amazed at how it all comes together to make a nice vacation.

I would go and speak to someone in person.

I would be upset if we checked into a very dusty room and if the ice bucket hadn't been cleaned, but the "not receiving towel animals" isn't something you could really complain about. Some people are lucky to have them placed in their rooms and others not. I suppose it depends on who you get. But the toothpaste issue, should just be wiped up yourself. I know when you are on vacation you don't want to have to do any cleaning, but a little tiding up before you head out for the day goes a long way.

Sorry about your experiences.

Towel animals - they are not guaranteed, so you cannot ask for them, nor complain about not getting them.

Toothpaste - really? If my kids make a mess, I clean the mess. You should have cleaned up that mess yourself, but since you missed it, then perhaps the housekeepers missed it as well?

Paint drips - that is not anything that housekeeping can handle.

Hair - that should be cleaned up, and I would speak to them about that.

Front desk - you aren't actually calling the front desk of your hotel. It is a central command center set up somewhere else on property, so it is always best to present yourself at the front desk. I have been transferred to a resort manager/supervisor from the front desk line, but that is because I was returning their call from earlier in the day.

Hope this gets rectified for you, Tiger

During our last trip our daughter got sick in the middle of the night. Puked all over the blanket and pillow. I had cleaned up what I could. Well that morning just before leaving for the day, we let the housekeeper know what had happened. We came back that night, wanting to put the kids right to bed because we were all tired....we get to our room and there's a bag of clean towels hanging from the knob and a "sorry, we missed you" note. :mad: We walk in our room and nothing was done! The pukey blankets were still on the floor and neither bed was made, nothing! So this housekeeper just didn't want to clean up puke. Which I don't blame her, but it's her job to clean the rooms. So we had to call up front, and had another housekeeper not even involved in the situation clean our room, at 9 at night. How awkward! Bottom line, not EVERY housekeeper is going to be there and go out of their way for you. Sad but true.

Wow, if my kids, or I, leave a blob of toothpaste in a hotel sink and we miss it. I'd expect a hotel housekeeper to clean it up. How can they miss it when their job is to clean the hotel room?

I'm having a hard time thinking of a response because some of your complaints are so picky that I can't believe you're serious. The hair is one thing, but paint drips and tooth paste blobs left in the sink? These things warrant calls to the front desk? :rolleyes:

We stayed at POR before the renovations a few years back, and had a TERRIBLE stay. The room was horribly dirty from the moment we checked in (dust EVERYWHERE and wrappers and garbage like it had never even been cleaned) and housekeeping didn't even bother to ever clean anything even though we asked numerous times. We did talk to the front desk and housekeeping about it, but not much was ever resolved. When we got back home, I wrote a letter to WDW telling them that this was NOT the image they should be portraying to guests and that we wouldn't ever want to stay at that resort again unless big changes were made.
A month or so later, I received a phone call saying my email had reached headquarters and that they wanted to make things right for us. The gave us another complementary stay to be used within 2 years at either POR (after the renovations) or 2 other options. We did decide to go back to POR a little over a year later, and things were absolutely perfect! The refurb really did wonders for that resort.
So, long story short, just make your important issues known to them. WDW truly does care about its guests and wants you to have the best experience possible! :thumbsup2

*I do want to say though, some issues you just have to deal with. Towel animals don't really seem like they should be at the top of housekeeping's list of things to do. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter