Would This Be Crazy?

haha! He probably would if I realllly wanted to, but I was thinking flying would be quicker/ easier, but now I'm reconsidering. I am in a boot right now and am not sure how much longer I'll be in it, so I can't count on being able to drive.

I've been to Vegas once before and think a few days are enough, which is why I wouldn't mind escaping to DL for a day!

I looked a bit at flights on Southwest and was considering flying early morning to Cali...taking a shuttle or Uber to disneyland and then flying back the next afternoon. My only concern is that I'd need to pack a bag to stay over in DL and am not sure what I'd do with it during the day.

DL has some pretty good sized lockers. Depending on the weather and the need for a coat, you could probably get everything you need for an overnight in a backpack plus a tote. That would easily fit in one of the large lockers.

Did this so many times when I lived in Vegas. Fly/ drive in the afternoon/evening (consider the LA traffic even if you fly, so plan on arriving after 8). Spend the night- bonus if you stay on property and get an extra magic hour the next morning. If you do this, consider which park has the extra hour if you would rather see Cars Land vs. Fantasyland/ Tomorrowland. Get a really early start and plan your day really well to maximise your rides. I would usually stay till mid afternoon and get out of anaheim before peak rush hour traffic begins (yes even if flying, the ride to the airport is painful in traffic). Enjoy!!

I live in Vegas and when we had AP's we made similar trips. I wouldn't suggest a true day trip (travel out and back on the same day), but it is possible. It sounds like you're planning to stay the night which make it way more reasonable. A typical trip for us would be driving out Friday night after work, hitting the parks on Saturday and Sunday morning, and then driving home Sunday afternoon. Staying one night would also be reasonable, especially if you're flying and don't have to be super-alert for the drive home.

I live in Vegas and when we had AP's we made similar trips. I wouldn't suggest a true day trip (travel out and back on the same day), but it is possible. It sounds like you're planning to stay the night which make it way more reasonable. A typical trip for us would be driving out Friday night after work, hitting the parks on Saturday and Sunday morning, and then driving home Sunday afternoon. Staying one night would also be reasonable, especially if you're flying and don't have to be super-alert for the drive home.

As of now, we're considering a 7am flight out of Vegas...I think we'd get to DL by 9-9:30 and then have the whole day, stay over and then fly back to Vegas the following afternoon. We are already paying for a timeshare in Vegas so we don't know if it makes sense to lose out on more than one night there. Also, it's looking like it's cost roughly $500-$600 for a day trip, depending on if we did the shuttle, hoppers, which hotel, etc. I guess we're trying to decide if it's worth it or if we should just try to make a full trip of it somewhere down the road.

If we went for a day, would you recommend park hoppers or just focusing on a single park?

If we went for a day, would you recommend park hoppers or just focusing on a single park?
That's a tough call. We would hop but that's because we only did short trips like this when we had AP's. Adding park hopping to 1-day tickets certainly adds to the expense. I'm thinking of taking a 1-day trip to see MSEP and if that ends up happening we'll forego hoppers to save money, but it will be sad because we love DCA. I guess it depends if there are any big highlights you want to see in both parks, and whether or not you'll be back soon to catch what you missed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter