• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would Love Your Opinions

Dean said:
But not all resorts need a bus to get to some options. I find the bus generally unacceptable at all resorts, that's why we generally drive to everywhere except MK due to the TTC vs bus locations.

I totally agree with this! You never know when you will walk up to a bus stop and JUST have missed it. We have waited 30 min on a bus more than once! I also love having my car at the end of the night!

I would not change resorts either. I would hope I would not even have to change rooms!!

I totally agree with this! You never know when you will walk up to a bus stop and JUST have missed it. We have waited 30 min on a bus more than once! I also love having my car at the end of the night!

I would not change resorts either. I would hope I would not even have to change rooms!!

But that is not the fault of the bus system, that is simply timing. Same could be said that you are at BLT and just as you get ready to walk to MK, a thunderstorm comes up with severe lightning.

This happened to us at Epcot one day walking back to BCV and we were stuck at the International Gateway for longer than I have ever waited on a bus.

So transportation for me is something I never consider when choosing a Disney resort.

I guess we have been lucky in over 30 trips we have never waited for any bus regardless of where we stayed for more than 20 mins. As said thought it's all personal choice, as high as gas is now, we let Disney drive us around.

But that is not the fault of the bus system, that is simply timing. Same could be said that you are at BLT and just as you get ready to walk to MK, a thunderstorm comes up with severe lightning.

This happened to us at Epcot one day walking back to BCV and we were stuck at the International Gateway for longer than I have ever waited on a bus.

So transportation for me is something I never consider when choosing a Disney resort.

I guess we have been lucky in over 30 trips we have never waited for any bus regardless of where we stayed for more than 20 mins. As said thought it's all personal choice, as high as gas is now, we let Disney drive us around.
The system is what it is and one has to accept it to use it. That part doesn't bother me but I do realize the limitations of it's usage. I simply chose to avoid it when I can even when it works as expected. While I have plenty of bus experience, I'm not an expert on the system itself. However, IIRC, there are times during the day at certain times of the year when the system has stretched out to ?40 min by design.

However, IIRC, there are times during the day at certain times of the year when the system has stretched out to ?40 min by design.

This has not been true for many years. When they attempted this schedule they had so much negative feedback that it quickly changed. Now that they have the "bus on demand" program the needs of each resort or park bus stop are taken into account. It is not always perfect, but it has kept the average wait time well within the 20-minute guideline.

We were just there mid-September. That was one of the times when the longer afternoon waits were in effect. We never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus, either in the morning, afternoon or evening.

I am one who hates driving at WDW. By the time you get in the hot car, get to a park, walk to the shuttle and get to the main gate it is about the same amount of time as taking the bus. I do occasionally drive from resort to resort but only when that is our only destination.

But those longish waits at the bus stop are a great time to talk to other guests and just be friendly. Make some lemonade with those lemons.

But those longish waits at the bus stop are a great time to talk to other guests and just be friendly. Make some lemonade with those lemons.

I agree. Some of the best interactions we have had with other guests have been at the bus stop or on the bus. It may sound odd, but it makes me feel more like a part of the Disney community to take the buses. The excitement on the kids' (and adults') faces, the common bond of heading somewhere great together, talking to the family next to us and sharing what we did that day,...all great memories that have happened on the buses.

On our last trip a woman put her child on her lap and offered me the seat. I ended up chatting with her all the way to the Magic Kingdom. They were from Scotland and we talked about her country and the other places she would like to go here. It was a lovely way to spend 10 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter