• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would Love Your Opinions

Idreamodisney247

Mouseketeer
I am torn about how to complete my very first DVC trip this Easter.
I presently have 5 nights BLT lake view studio and 1 night BLT studio MK view.
What I really would like to have is BLT first three nights and BWV for the last two(looking forward to walking to France for our croissant in the morning)

I ampresently holding two wait lists. The first for BWV(last 2 nights) and the second for BLT lake view for last night.

My question is do you think I would be happy with booking SSR or OKW for last two nights after being at BLT? We will not have a car.

Very hard question, as I don't know what you like in a resort, but I would be very happy at any of the DVC resorts.

They all have the pros and cons, not a single one is perfect. So really you just have to decide.

I will tell you what I like about SSR, I am sure others will share their love for OKW.

We love that there is a great counter service at the main building and at the Paddocks pool. Love the lush landscaping and ponds with fountains. Love that there are 4 fabulous pools and hot tubs. I find the BLT to be small and crowded for the size of the resort.

Love the central location. I have no aversion to taking a bus and since SSR is so centrally located to everything, the bus rides are short.

Love the Spa, really like being so close to Downtown Disney, they have some really good places to eat there.

I agree with Sammie that SSR is a very nice resort. Our home resort (DVC) is SSR. On our last trip we did stay in a studio BLT Magic Kingdom View and no, there is nothing else like it, but SSR is very nice and have many wonderful ammenities! Hope you enjoy!

What I really would like to have is BLT first three nights and BWV for the last two(looking forward to walking to France for our croissant in the morning)

I ampresently holding two wait lists. The first for BWV(last 2 nights) and the second for BLT lake view for last night.

My question is do you think I would be happy with booking SSR or OKW for last two nights after being at BLT? We will not have a car.

Unfortunately, you can't get a croissant at France in the morning - well, at least until after 11AM when the World Showcase opens for the day. You need to pick it up the evening before and save it until breakfast - if you can wait.

An OKW studio will amaze you after spending a few nights in the shoebox BLT studio. You can walk to Olivia's for a nice hot breakfast if you stay at OKW. Or SSR is just as nice (not quite as big a space as OKW). You can get a nice little breakfast at Artist's Palette there.

I don't think you will be disappointed. Although we have never stayed at BLT, we have stayed at SSR and OKW and loved them both. BLT is actually the only resort we haven't stayed at yet. We have enjoyed all the other resorts for different reasons. Both SSR and OKW are large but offer gorgeous landscaping and a great and relaxing place to unwind after a long day at the parks.

Easter is a very busy time, and I wouldn't change for the last 2 nights. I hope your LV waitlist comes through.

No way would I make myself change resorts for that short a trip if I didn't have to. Since you will own DVC for a long time to come, try to get the whole reservation at one location this trip and try another next time around. Moving resorts is such a hassle in the middle of a trip, because you are basically homeless the day of the move. Not to mention the hassle of packing and unpacking another time.

I agree with the idea of not changing resorts. IF you were going to change resorts with no car, I'd personally avoid OKW and SSR. However, it really depends on your style and preferences. It sounds like you want to get out early, get to the parks and have more options, this is not OKW certainly. SSR is a little better because of it's proximity to DD.

No way would I make myself change resorts for that short a trip if I didn't have to. Since you will own DVC for a long time to come, try to get the whole reservation at one location this trip and try another next time around. Moving resorts is such a hassle in the middle of a trip, because you are basically homeless the day of the move. Not to mention the hassle of packing and unpacking another time.

Couldnt agree more with Diane. Once you are there, stay put. The only time we resort hop is if we stay at a value or mod on a weekend to begin a trip, to save pts. But once we are at a DVC, we are there for good. It will be enough of a hassle to switch rooms at BLT, but can be done within reason, let them store your luggage if room isnt ready, go and have fun. But if changing resorts is a must for you, among choices, OKW would be mine.

Thank you all for all your wise advice. I guess I am just too anxious to get it all in. I cancelled my BWV wait list and I am still holding my blt lake view wait lost for the last night. I hope it comes through. Just some thoughts. My DS wants so badly to stay at BLT for our first stay and since the poor thing had to sit in on two seperate dvc sales appointments in the last two years, I feel that he deserves to pick our first stay. Lol. I however, cant get SSR out of my mind. There is something special about it. I can't wait to have enough points, so i can guarantee at least one week in a 1 bedroom every year.:)

I agree with the idea of not changing resorts. IF you were going to change resorts with no car, I'd personally avoid OKW and SSR. However, it really depends on your style and preferences. It sounds like you want to get out early, get to the parks and have more options, this is not OKW certainly. SSR is a little better because of it's proximity to DD.

In reality it only takes a few more minutes to get from SSR or OKW to the parks so I wouldn't make that too much of a consideration. Every resort is closer to some things and farther from others. While BLT is right next to the MK, it takes a while to get from there to the other parks, even EPCOT by monorail. In fact, I would guess you would be able to get to EPCOT faster from OKW than from BLT, but I have never timed it. BWV is right between EPCOT and HS but the bus service can be spotty so it takes a while to get to the other two parks. Since no resort is more than 15ish minutes by bus from any park you're talking a negligible amount of time.

Not trying to argue...just saying that the travel times are relatively minor no matter where you stay.

In reality it only takes a few more minutes to get from SSR or OKW to the parks so I wouldn't make that too much of a consideration. Every resort is closer to some things and farther from others. While BLT is right next to the MK, it takes a while to get from there to the other parks, even EPCOT by monorail. In fact, I would guess you would be able to get to EPCOT faster from OKW than from BLT, but I have never timed it. BWV is right between EPCOT and HS but the bus service can be spotty so it takes a while to get to the other two parks. Since no resort is more than 15ish minutes by bus from any park you're talking a negligible amount of time.

Not trying to argue...just saying that the travel times are relatively minor no matter where you stay.
It only takes a few minutes once the bus arrives and depending on which bus stop you're at, it can be quite a bit longer if you add waiting for the bus. If you're going from one resort to another, it's even more time consuming and difficult. We don't mind it because we have a car and use it but I would not personally stay at OKW or SSR without a car if I had a choice.

I agree, my group walking is slower from BLT or BWV than any bus we took from OKW or SSR and at least on the bus I was sitting and cool. :thumbsup2 I don't even mind waiting on the bus, there are benches and fans. ::yes::

Personally since we go to all 4 parks, I find the transportation at OKW and SSR to be some of the most efficient factoring in time spend going from the room to the entrance of all 4 parks.

We had some friends staying at BWV once and they got one of those rooms at the very end of a very long hall. We were at SSR Congress Park, we called each other to say we were leaving as we were going to meet them at Epcot and agreed to meet at the Showcase plaza and we got there before them.

So I never worry about transportation at Disney World, sometimes it is very quick and sometimes you have to wait a while, but no resort is perfect to all locations, so we don't sweat it.

It only takes a few minutes once the bus arrives and depending on which bus stop you're at, it can be quite a bit longer if you add waiting for the bus. If you're going from one resort to another, it's even more time consuming and difficult. We don't mind it because we have a car and use it but I would not personally stay at OKW or SSR without a car if I had a choice.

Fair enough, different strokes and all. We will just have to agree to disagree. :)

WDW is quite easy to navigate from SSR or OKW without a car. To be fair, the wait for the bus happens at all resorts. My point was that the actual bus time from OKW is on par with anywhere else. In my experience, the bus service from CR and BWV is much more sporadic than that from OKW, SSR or AKV so it all evens out.

Fair enough, different strokes and all. We will just have to agree to disagree. :)

WDW is quite easy to navigate from SSR or OKW without a car. To be fair, the wait for the bus happens at all resorts. My point was that the actual bus time from OKW is on par with anywhere else. In my experience, the bus service from CR and BWV is much more sporadic than that from OKW, SSR or AKV so it all evens out.
But not all resorts need a bus to get to some options. I find the bus generally unacceptable at all resorts, that's why we generally drive to everywhere except MK due to the TTC vs bus locations.

I find the bus generally unacceptable at all resorts, that's why we generally drive to everywhere except MK due to the TTC vs bus locations.

I am the exact opposite. I find the buses to be extremely convenient and timely. We always drive to WDW and then leave the car parked at the resort and use the buses to get everywhere. Even when we were at OKW for New Year's Eve we had no bus issues. We never waited more than 10 minutes and always had a seat. Again, different strokes.

I am the exact opposite. I find the buses to be extremely convenient and timely. We always drive to WDW and then leave the car parked at the resort and use the buses to get everywhere. Even when we were at OKW for New Year's Eve we had no bus issues. We never waited more than 10 minutes and always had a seat. Again, different strokes.
I've waited over 30 min and up to 45 a number of times and that's with only limited use. I've also had buses full and had to wait on the next one. During some seasons and times of the year they stretch out the bus times quite a bit.

I've waited over 30 min and up to 45 a number of times and that's with only limited use. I've also had buses full and had to wait on the next one. During some seasons and times of the year they stretch out the bus times quite a bit.

Fortunately we have only experienced a wait time anywhere close to that once. We were going from the Poly to DtD and waited 30 minutes. There have also been times when we have waited the quoted 20 minutes but it is not the norm. We have been members since 1997 (and going to WDW since the year it opened) and have traveled at least once in every non-summer month. We have stayed at every WDW resort except the Yacht Club and the Grand Floridian and rely on the WDW transportation about 90% of the time.

I realize that the buses aren't for you. They certainly aren't for everyone. Since you mentioned that you don't often take them it just seems a bit misleading to use your experiences with them as advice for others. It would be like me telling someone not to eat at Mama Melrose's because we had a bad meal the one time we ate there.

Again, I'm not being argumentative. I just want to make sure the OP gets a full range of opinions.

Fortunately we have only experienced a wait time anywhere close to that once. We were going from the Poly to DtD and waited 30 minutes. There have also been times when we have waited the quoted 20 minutes but it is not the norm. We have been members since 1997 (and going to WDW since the year it opened) and have traveled at least once in every non-summer month. We have stayed at every WDW resort except the Yacht Club and the Grand Floridian and rely on the WDW transportation about 90% of the time.

I realize that the buses aren't for you. They certainly aren't for everyone. Since you mentioned that you don't often take them it just seems a bit misleading to use your experiences with them as advice for others. It would be like me telling someone not to eat at Mama Melrose's because we had a bad meal the one time we ate there.

Again, I'm not being argumentative. I just want to make sure the OP gets a full range of opinions.
We've taken them plenty, likely as much or more in aggregate as most who only do buses due to more and longer trips and trips when only the buses made sense (MK, start one park and end up at another). That's part of the reason we try not to use them when we have other good options, because of our previous experience. IMO they're not a bad option but not a good one either. I know some prefer not to drive and that's their option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter